Dang - banned from the 'other' forum -

Calgecko
Sep 05, 2022

Official unofficial BN Photographer

Sep 05, 2022

Woke up to find out that a comment I made a week or two ago on a thread over at the 'other' forum was deemed to be 'political' even though I don't think iii was - resulting in an outright ban - I'm bummed because I do enjoy being part of both communities here and there. Sure, I had 2 previous posts/comments over the past 2 years that I had gotten a hand slap for - but to go to a 'ban' for this seems excessive, especially considering the more relaxed atmosphere over there. They do have a lot of good info and I'm truly bummed I can't access it any more.

bummer in the summer
Reservation: 7/20/20 | MY '21 order: 2/1/21 | MY '22 order: 10/22/21 | Blend 8/5, built 8/8, 'built' status 8/27, in my driveway 10/12/22
Auto Photographer in Sacramento CA:
www.instagram.com/photographybymarkbrooks
Bronco Hueso, Rydfree
Last edited by a moderator: Sep 05, 2022

Standing Grumpy Face

Sep 05, 2022

I hate strong handed fourms. I was a member the MacRumors Apple forum. I was in a discussion and called someone a jerk for attacking me and others and I was banned for life.
Bronco Hueso, LoneRanger

Life is a Highway

Sep 05, 2022

Woke up to find out that a comment I made a week or two ago on a thread over at the 'other' forum was deemed to be 'political' even though I don't think iii was - resulting in an outright ban - I'm bummed because I do enjoy being part of both communities here and there. Sure, I had 2 previous posts/comments over the past 2 years that I had gotten a hand slap for - but to go to a 'ban' for this seems excessive, especially considering the more relaxed atmosphere over there. They do have a lot of good info and I'm truly bummed I can't access it any more.

bummer in the summer
Not a member over there, but I do drop in from time to time. Funny that you note the more relaxed atmosphere over there. Granted I realize it is a much larger site so naturally it would have more hand slapping and bans, but I only know of one person who has been banned here. And it was unavoidable.
Bronco Hueso, Bronco 202?

Rank V

Sep 05, 2022

bummer in the summer

Well... to quote Groucho, "I'd never wanna be a member of a club that would have me as a member"...

Having said that I like how this forum allows some outside the lanes interaction. It makes for a much more enjoyable, and interesting forum. Light handed moderation is always better when possible.

Oh, and we know our BRONCOS are (or will be) better than theirs anyway...... ... right !!? :cool: ;) :D
2Dr Badlands, manual, 322A, Iconic Silver, baby seal leather seat covers, reserved 2-24-22, stickered/blend date 9/30/22
matchu, TitsLaRue

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Sep 05, 2022

I hear you, Mark. Even though I feel more comfortable here, I do glean some valuable insight from that other site from time to time. Like they say, when one door closes, another one opens. Be on the lookout for other venues to explore. I just joined Blue Oval Forums recently because I wanted to balance out my virtual presence somewhat. As much as I love the Bronco, it’s interesting to read how other models are evolving.
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
LR48, Darrel

Rank V

Sep 05, 2022

Welcome to Snowflake run America.
Past - 87 Suz Sam; 76 ChevBlaz14 Rubi 2 Dr -35's First Auto 4wd. Ox Wht 2dr Base SAS, bumper, Flr-lin, 2.7 aux switches.
Flyer5, Mung

Rank V

Sep 05, 2022

Welcome to Snowflake run America.
I am soooo triggered right now.....
2Dr Badlands, manual, 322A, Iconic Silver, baby seal leather seat covers, reserved 2-24-22, stickered/blend date 9/30/22
Flyer5, matchu

Rank V

Sep 05, 2022

bummer in the summer
Sorry that happened @Calgecko No fun. Welcome to what some say has become a pretty big club. There is a closed thread here somewhere with pages of users saying the same thing. You are not alone. The admin here are way better anyway bc they are kind, reasonable and fair.

Just be thankful you aren't a vendor and paying sponsor on the other forum with orders in route and orders in process for awesome bronco customers. Then without notice because of a request to downgrade sponsorship (not cancel sponsorship) your account not only gets banned but all of your threads with tons of pages worth of effort and excellent bronco customer reviews also gets erased with zero notice. Vendor's entire staff watched it happen in a matter of a only a few minutes, all speechless. Bad knee jerk decision makers over there at other forum. Additionally all other paying sponsors over there should be careful their brand and customers don't suffer through a similar experience because one "wrong" move and that's it...your internet mommy dearest takes your keys away--forever.

Frankly the other forum admin is managed by what on the surface appears to be teenage turd goblins that have no business running an public automotive forum. Much less a for profit business. I do, however, think the admin over there would be a perfect fit for censoring twitter, youtube and facebook users--if not already doing so :unsure::ROFLMAO:
2021Bronco☆2.3☆BL☆7MT☆4D☆A51☆SoftT☆ARRIVED 9/9/21☆SOLD 1/21/23☆NT Supports▪Consults▪Supply's Car Dealers, Vehicle Distributors, and Retail Customers Since 1992
MESTUNTMAN, HeyDobby

Rank V

Sep 05, 2022

Sorry that happened @Calgecko No fun. Welcome to what some say has become a pretty big club. There is a closed thread here somewhere with pages of users saying the same thing. You are not alone. The admin here are way better anyway bc they are kind, reasonable and fair.

Just be thankful you aren't a vendor and paying sponsor on the other forum with orders in route and orders in process for awesome bronco customers. Then without notice because of a request to downgrade sponsorship (not cancel sponsorship) your account not only gets banned but all of your threads with tons of pages worth of effort and excellent bronco customer reviews also gets erased with zero notice. Vendor's entire staff watched it happen in a matter of a only a few minutes, all speechless. Bad knee jerk decision makers over there at other forum. Additionally all other paying sponsors over there should be careful their brand and customers don't suffer through a similar experience because one "wrong" move and that's it...your internet mommy dearest takes your keys away--forever.

Frankly the other forum admin is managed by what on the surface appears to be teenage turd goblins that have no business running an public automotive forum. Much less a for profit business. I do, however, think the admin over there would be a perfect fit for censoring twitter, youtube and facebook users--if not already doing so :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Heheheheheheh. You said turd goblins ….
HeyDobby, Rydfree

Sep 05, 2022

I am soooo triggered right now.....
B98207BF-5319-4D45-8A73-2C391E6D5444.gif
2022 Big Bend, 4 door, Cactus Grey, on 285/70/17 KO2s
Darrel, redvettx2

Rank V

Sep 05, 2022

bummer in the summer

what did you say?
TreBronco

Rank V

Sep 05, 2022

Everything is offensive.

Rank V

Sep 05, 2022

what did you say?
Seriously ?? We all know it was something about 2 doors being superior to 4 doors.......(ducks and runs)
richtor, WildGreen13

Rank VI

Sep 05, 2022

There are only three forums on the whole Internets I haven't been banned from.

Getting banned, one post at a time.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
HeyDobby, LR48

Rank V

Sep 05, 2022

There are only three forums on the whole Internets I haven't been banned from.

Getting banned, one post at a time.

You my new hero !!!!
LR48

Rank V

Sep 05, 2022

Everything is offensive.

I find this offensive......
Jruta, NiceBronco

Rank V

Sep 05, 2022

Most likely you made a comment that was honest, logical, sensible, and true - and someone couldn't handle it.

Welcome to the new "cancel culture" - when reality doesn't agree with some snowflakes' perceptions, they pretend it doesn't exist.
MESTUNTMAN, rwm01

Rank V

Sep 05, 2022

Most likely you made a comment that was honest, logical, sensible, and true - and someone couldn't handle it.

Welcome to the new "cancel culture" - when reality doesn't agree with some snowflakes' perceptions, they pretend it doesn't exist.

This ^^^^^^ can-not be liked enough.
HeyDobby, Jruta

Chief

Sep 05, 2022

bummer in the summer
It happened to me too. What I posted that got me banned was a response to another post about items stolen out of a Bronco. My post was very generic. I didn't mention any politician, political party, no bad language, nothing demeaning, or disrespectful. And it wasn't really political. I was blown away that I got banned. Just wait it out for awhile and create a new account with a new email etc. And be very careful when you get back on. There's some very sensitive moderators over there.
LR48, NT AUTOMOTIVE

Rank V

Sep 05, 2022

It happened to me too. What I posted that got me banned was a response to another post about items stolen out of a Bronco. There's some very sensitive moderators over there.

Sounds like maybe he was getting too close to the thief who broke into the Bronco ?
SIDJake, Chief1301