Craziest thing you've ever done in a Bronco??

gizmohd
Jun 02, 2021

Rank V

Jun 02, 2021

Back in the mid to late 90s, I lived in New Mexico (4 corners are), and my best friend and I took a a '79 bronco (blue and white) I had bought for a few hundred bucks.. and threw another 1k or so into it to get it to be safe (enough?) and decided that we'd go down and run the Baja 1000. So we threw this thing on the back of a trailer and towed it behind his old farm truck down to Baja and attempted to run the course.. We werent trying to win anything.. Just wanted to have some fun and see if we could even finish the thing.... We got close... 900 miles later, and a set of kidneys that were pissed off as could be, we shattered the front end on a rock and without spare parts, we were done.. Had fun at least... Hauled old Blue back home and replaced the front end and a few other parts we didnt know were broken at the time.. and I ended up driving it for another couple years before I went into the Navy.....
Cyber Orange 4dr BadSquatch 2.7 Soft top (no tow)
Bschurr, WyoBronc
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 02, 2021

Rank VI

Jun 02, 2021

image1.jpg
EvlNvrDys, HRSPW

Rank V

Jun 02, 2021

Isnt that just a Saturday?
Cyber Orange 4dr BadSquatch 2.7 Soft top (no tow)
EvlNvrDys, HRSPW

Rank 0

Jun 12, 2021

I have had mine over 100 mph a few times. It is a 79 .
HRSPW, TK1215

Rank V

Jun 12, 2021

Previously documented in Penthouse Forum...;)...
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery
EvlNvrDys, HRSPW

Rank XII

Jun 12, 2021

Crawling underneath every other time to start the engine. I had to beat on the starter-solenoid with a hammer to get it to engage. I probably could have fixed it with a "dollar-two-ninety-eight" part.....not that I was too miserly; but my warped sense at the time was that I was going to teach the Bronco a lesson or something (high school aged). Oh my. o_O:geek::cool::rolleyes::poop:
EvlNvrDys, HRSPW

Rank V

Jun 21, 2021

I was a passenger in a 5th gen, drove from an apartment building to a night club. Crazy times.

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jun 21, 2021

Previously documented in Penthouse Forum...;)...

Judging by the ratio of Bronco vs Blazer letters, I'd say the Bronco is the king 4x4 chick magnet. :p
Deano Bronc

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jun 21, 2021

One is bad enough...
HRSPW, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jun 30, 2021

Late March, 1986, on a Thursday night, I was a sophomore in high school. A local small restaurant had their "fried chittlin night", and a bunch of us guys went to check it out. (This was in Itta Bena Mississippi, and yes the chittlins were pretty good actually, hot sauce fixes anything) After dinner we decided to play in the mud by a track we built the year before for 3 wheelers, we were all either 200X or 250R riders. It was the end of spring break, so we got to stay out late. Someone dared me to take my 78 over a smaller ramp, so I did it. It went well considering the Bronco's weight. After that I had to try a steeper ramp, and I hit it way too hard. I was so scared when I started going up I forgot to take my foot off the accelerator, when I hit the ground the 9" imploded. You could hear the ring and pinion grinding to pieces! So, we removed the rear driveshaft and I limped home pulled by my buddy's 77. Expensive lesson indeed, what money I had saved from my after school yard mowing and farm work from the previous summer was almost gone after the bill. I can still hear that awful sound, see my friends laughing at me, and my father's look when I explained what I did. Still worth it. Lesson learned: Don't trust chittlins.
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT: Factory dark jade and wimbleton special tutone, 32,000 original miles, sport steering wheel, CB, lighted vanity, AC, etc.
2021 Bronco Badlands carbonized gray, 4Dr, 2.7, lux, leather, Trektop, Rock Slide Engineering steps & tailgate table.
HRSPW, WyoBronc

Rank III

Aug 29, 2022

I'm only 18 and daily drive my 89 fourth gen. One day I wanted to see if the straight six it has could somehow tac out, so I found a road with a long downhill section and gunned it all the way down. Little did I know that I had leaked the last of my differential fluid out of the rear end. I did manage to get it to tac out but by the time I reached the bottom of the hill the gears were screaming something awful. After getting out and looking, I saw that the rear diff was actually smoking! Decided to drive it home anyways, put new fluid in it, and ran it with stripped gears for a solid week while I saved up some money for repairs.
HRSPW, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Aug 29, 2022

Shortly after (within a month of) receiving my long-awaited 2dr Race Red Wildtrak, I drove nearly twenty miles out of my way in order to avoid a one mile (gravel) detour out of fear of throwing rocks up the sides of my freshly painted Bronco. Yeah, I know…..I’m a madman, completely out of control. However, I have newly installed mud flaps so Baja GOAT mode it is…..next time.
HRSPW, Sparky 22

Rank III

Aug 29, 2022

My old Bronco II, travelling along Colorado 160 towards Pagosa Springs in the dead middle of the winter, middle of the night. Chugging through a snowstorm I took it as a good omen that there were headlights behind me as I went up Wolf Creek Pass. got through the gate at the bottom of South Park and realized that the guy behind me was there to close the gate. how I made it up and over that night in ol Gertie is a miracle. I was cuttin trail for sure.
SittinWaitinWatchin.'22 Outer Banks 4D Velocity Blue Outer Banks LuxSquatch
05 Escape LTD-RIP 86 Bronco II&97 Explorer
Deano Bronc, HRSPW

Rank V

Aug 30, 2022

I never do anything “crazy”
2023 Big Bend 2 door, race red, 2.7, Sasquatch, tow

Rank VI

Aug 30, 2022

Once drove my 1993 Ford Bronco on a highway in California. I thought it was a nice peaceful day for a cruise. For some reason I had a lot of cops following me so I thought that was kind of crazy Screenshot_20220829-220213.png
MY21 2dr Black Diamond 7MT Velocity Blue!
Deano Bronc, HRSPW

Rank IV

Aug 30, 2022

Not me, but I was a 9 year old kid riding with my dad when some ahole cut us off in my dad's brand new 69 Bronco. The guy then brake checked us hard.
My dad pulled up behind him at a light and proceeded to push the guy through the intersection with the all four of the guys tires screeching.
No one hurt but scary, my dad was a Marine and was not to be messed with.
My dad was angry when he got home and found his brand new chrome bumper dented, the next weekend he built a 6" sch 40 steel pipe
bumper with the first ever (that I have seen) underhood compressor which filled the bumper with air to refill the tires after a run in the sand.

He passed away about 5 years ago, life is a little more dull now. Fun times.
I still miss him.
2021 Bronco Wildtrak Cyber Orange, 2019 Raptor Perf Blue
1955 Chevy Cameo, (2) 2023 Mavericks (on order)
Deano Bronc, HRSPW

Rank V

Aug 30, 2022

In the mid 90s, with about 10 people loaded into my 85 bronco, with the top off and no one seat belted in. I went rock crawling up a steep rock slide near the top of west mountain in Spanish fork ut. Remember feeling my front tires coming off the ground several times. Look back at it now as one of the dumbest things I ever did, could have killed someone.
Young, dumb and full of.... Stupidity
2022 4dr Badlands~Cyber Orange~MIC Top~Non Sas~2.3l MT~High Package~Roof Rails~Block Heater~Ordered 1/13/22~Build date 11/3~ In production 10/26~Window sticker 10/27~11/3 Blend date~Modules live 11/4~built email 11/6~shipped 11/14~arrived at the dealership 12/13~in the home stall 12/15
Deano Bronc

Rubble Trouble

Aug 30, 2022

Still waiting.......
Original Order 09/17/2020 : WT 2 Dr Antimatter Blue 2.7 10spd SB-HT, LUX, TWNG, WNCH

02/12/2022: Bronco Raptor Code-Orange, order finalized on 3/28/2022; VIN Issued, current production week 9/26/2022
Deano Bronc, Kid witha 89

Rank III

Aug 30, 2022

Once drove my 1993 Ford Bronco on a highway in California. I thought it was a nice peaceful day for a cruise. For some reason I had a lot of cops following me so I thought that was kind of crazy View attachment 43441
you know, they say that white suv's get pulled over the most out of all the paint colors.. I always thought it was red, but there's your proof..
SittinWaitinWatchin.'22 Outer Banks 4D Velocity Blue Outer Banks LuxSquatch
05 Escape LTD-RIP 86 Bronco II&97 Explorer
Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Aug 30, 2022

Blew out my rear drive shaft. Drove around in 2wd using the front diff for a few weeks. Finally decided to pull out the rear shaft at my buddies house. Of course he lived on a crazy steep hill. Pissed me off that the dam drive shaft bolts where fighting me the whole way. I still remember the sound it made when the last bolt let go and I heard a loud clunk .... and this 5,000lb beast started rolling over me. I was able to roll out from under her ... and I looked like a real ass chasing my Bronco down the drive way. She got up enough speed to jump the curb at the bottom ... and proceeded to plow through his neighbors front yard. Thank the lord the neighbors yard had a slight incline ... and the beast slowly came to stop 20 feet from the house.

Never even occurred to me that I had taken her out of 4 wheel drive before dropping the shaft..... and forgot to set the parking brake.

I will never make that mistake again.
Kid witha 89, HRSPW