Confused about Trail Control

frankgoss
Mar 28, 2021

Rank V

Mar 28, 2021

In one of Fords brochures Ford stated the 10 speed automatic transmission came standard with Base 4 door, but in your article in February, Final Bronco Base features you state that Trail Control is only available in 7 speed manual, same for Hill Decent controls.
So is that final, since I ordered Base 2022 with 10 speed auto. My Range Rover Sport has Hill Decent controls and cruise controls, which work arround 20 mph or so. If Base does not have Hill Decent and Trail Control systems, how low will the standard cruise control system activate? Do Ford offer any Speed Limiting Controls like Jaguar?
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2021

Life is a Highway

Mar 28, 2021

The trail assist feature is definitely available for the automatic transmission. Go to YouTube and pull up videos from KOH event. They have great videos on trail assist features including one pedal hill descent features
Bronc96, Steve777468

Libations MOD

Mar 28, 2021

In one of Fords brochures Ford stated the 10 speed automatic transmission came standard with Base 4 door, but in your article in February, Final Bronco Base features you state that Trail Control is only available in 7 speed manual, same for Hill Decent controls.
So is that final, since I ordered Base 2022 with 10 speed auto. My Range Rover Sport has Hill Decent controls and cruise controls, which work arround 20 mph or so. If Base does not have Hill Decent and Trail Control systems, how low will the standard cruise control system activate? Do Ford offer any Speed Limiting Controls like Jaguar?
As @TK1215 said it is 100% available on the 10-speed Auto as that is all that was driven at KOH and they definitely showed it off in almost every video I saw.
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Bronc96, Steve777468

Rank VI

Mar 28, 2021

This might help- see page 4

Attachments

Rank V

Apr 07, 2021

According to new base specs cruise control is a standard feature, but the low speed off road Trail Control come standard too?

Rank V

Apr 08, 2021

This stuff is really confusing me... In the Order Guide for the 10-Speed Auto, it indicates that the Trail Control and Trail Turn Assist (TTA) is included with the 2.3L engine, but other folks have indicated that it isn't. I haven't seen many 4 cylinder BL rigs to see if I could spot the extra Hero Switch on the dash to verify one way or the other. Everything shown below seems to indicate the the TTA (Trail Turn Assist) is included with the 10 speed and the 2.3L. I was originally drawn in by the 7 Speed manual, but the TTA is really calling me too. It's crunch time and I really want to finalize my build - for the last time...

Does anyone know if the Trail Turn Assist is available with the 2.3L (w/10 spd)?

1617896779543.png

1617897471777.png1617897526467.png
4 Dr OB/Carbonized Grey/SAS/Soft Top/2.7L/Auto/Lux/Tow Pkg
Reserved-7/15/20, Initial Order-1/30/21, Updated to Soft Top-6/28/21, Scheduled Build-10/19/21, In Prod-10/25, Built 11/1/21, Del 11/30/21

Rank V

Apr 09, 2021

The only printed brochure from my Ford dealer on Base Bronco is Sport. Here is was the attorneys tell up in writing:

"information is provided on an 'as is' basis and could include technical, typographical or other errors. Ford makes no warrantees, representations, or guarantees of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to accuracy, currency or completeness, the operation of the information, materials,content,availability and products. Ford reserve the right to change products specifications, pricing and equipment at any time without incurring obligations."

Then see your dealer, who is independently owner. So my deposit of $1000 of which the dealer return my reservation $100 can deliver a Sport and say that is what Ford built for my order, since the above representation say so.Good luck, Ford's attorneys will screw with you, unless you start a class action on Bronco like the Ford pony in the 70's gas tank explosion claims. When will we see from Ford dealers a brochure on the millions of dollars of deposits fir 2021 and 2022 or 2023 or 2024 MY. Some dealers have used allotments to lock in Bronco, then get the orders cancelled by customers with reservations only to charge premiums for the Bronco with upscaled models. Buyer beware if Ford ships upscaled models, that customers did nit order. Legally cant do anything!

o

Rank V

Apr 12, 2021

Order Base with 4doors, hardtop MIC, BRONCO PRODUCT GUIDE ON PAGE4 say 10 speed automatic comes with Trail Control and Assist. But other publications by Ford say only in upscaled models like Badland.
What does Ford Bronco team say in writing!
ResidualGenius, 14U

Rank V

Apr 12, 2021

On page 4 under Bronco Product guide undef 10 speed auto it seams to say that Trail Control and assist is standard on 10 spd.
However, on a Confident Bronco Major Product Feature one page two column is starts off with work Available.

So what is it standard or available, not listed as option on Basic.
More confused in Bronco sport Badland says Trail Control come with it.
This Chinese menu is getting to me. One of column A and unknown on column B!

Rank V

Apr 14, 2021

see 2021 Bronco Equipment Series attached .Can Bronco team please confirm in writing Dave! This is a expensive option if Trail access is also included. Images shown by Ford is a small control panel on right side of steering wheel, above the cruise control panel. Let all call or send emails, if we can find one our Bronco Team . Your calls over 150,000 converted orders will get Ford's Bronco Product manager's attention today. For those members not familiar with these two standard off road features, Trail Control is simply a low speed crawl for 10 speed automstic simular to crawl gear in manual 6+1 transmission. Trail access is an electronic control matched with Electronic Traction Controls and Anti lock brakes, it will lock out a rear wheel to make it steer a tighter curve off road. Jeep does not currently offer in a $60,000 Rubicon. Let get what Ford has advertised!

Attachments

Moab or bust!!!

Apr 14, 2021

see 2021 Bronco Equipment Series attached .Can Bronco team please confirm in writing Dave! This is a expensive option if Trail access is also included. Images shown by Ford is a small control panel on right side of steering wheel, above the cruise control panel. Let all call or send emails, if we can find one our Bronco Team . Your calls over 150,000 converted orders will get Ford's Bronco Product manager's attention today. For those members not familiar with these two standard off road features, Trail Control is simply a low speed crawl for 10 speed automstic simular to crawl gear in manual 6+1 transmission. Trail access is an electronic control matched with Electronic Traction Controls and Anti lock brakes, it will lock out a rear wheel to make it steer a tighter curve off road. Jeep does not currently offer in a $60,000 Rubicon. Let get what Ford has advertised!
Look at page 1 on the bottom right of this document.

Attachments

2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.

Rank V

Apr 14, 2021

One more Ford 2021 Bronco confidential data sheet supports 10 speed comes with Trail control and Trail turn access standard on Base Bronco!

Attachments

Libations MOD

Apr 14, 2021

Easy Break DOwn of each trim here.

Attachments

7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered

Rank V

Apr 14, 2021

Please refer to Transmission on confidential data above stating 10 speed option 44T and both Trail Control and Trail Turn Assist comes with all 10 speed automatic transmissions option 44T. Keep in mind the 6+1 manual transmission would not be standard in 2021. This concludes three Ford Bronco post on Trail Control and Turn Assist is standard on all Bronco's. Case closed. Make sure all Broncos are delivered with this these features.
Deano Bronc

Libations MOD

Apr 14, 2021

Please refer to Transmission on confidential data above stating 10 speed option 44T and both Trail Control and Trail Turn Assist comes with all 10 speed automatic transmissions option 44T. Keep in mind the 6+1 manual transmission would not be standard in 2021. This concludes three Ford Bronco post on Trail Control and Turn Assist is standard on all Bronco's. Case closed. Make sure all Broncos are delivered with this these features.
What's the order guide say versus marketing materials??
OBXBroncoGuy

Apr 14, 2021

What's the order guide say versus marketing materials??
That's true, since the materials can always change, at any time. What is ordered is what you'll get

Life is a Highway

Apr 14, 2021

Page 6 of January 2021 order guide states:
Base Standard Options
2.3 with manual transmission comes with Hill descent control
2.3 with auto trans comes with trail control and trail turn assist
2.7 auto trans comes with trail control, trail turn assist and trail one pedal driving
14U, Sdakotabronco

Rank V

Apr 14, 2021

Hi guys I just tried to re- build my BRONCO. Well you doubter member look at the interior picture on the interior tab. NADA Trail Control nor Trail turn assist switched. Trail control switch is on left side of switch bank on steering wheel.
So what Ford put in brochures can be changed at any time. I live near a road called BARNUM!
Remember what he said" sucker born ever minute". Get in writing from dealer.
ResidualGenius

Rank V

Apr 14, 2021

Hey doubters , try to build a Base Bronco. Then go to interior tab, see automatic handle , but no Trail Control in picture, which sit above steering wheel left bank of switches.. NADA TRAIL CONTROL ON BASE BRONCO!
ResidualGenius

Rank V

Apr 14, 2021

Many posts no real answers. Three Bronco brochures have conflicting wording. Available ? 10 spd with Trail Control and Trail turn assist. A third says Trail Control only. Build my Bronco interior tab on Base 4 door , not in picture but auto shift pictured. No option available. See Bronco Equipment 44T options. Make sure that transmission is on build sheet from dealers. "The devil is in the details."