confirming large Tire fit for stock Big Bend 17" wheels...

yoderman
Nov 22, 2021

Rank III

Nov 22, 2021

I ordered a stock Big Bend (non-'sqatch) with 17" wheels and 255/75/17 tires. I am about to order new tires, BEFORE receiving the Bronco (good sale offer on tires). Paying attention to this web forum, Bronco 6G forum and many youtube videos. This should fit without any issues....right?

Either,

1) 285/75/17 tires on Bronco stock 17" wheels and stock +12 offset; remove crash bars only.
2) 285/70/17 tires on Bronco stock 17" wheels and stock +12 offset; no need to remove crash bars or any alterations.
3) 315/70/17 tires on a 17" wheel with zero (0) offset; remove crash bars, but NO LIFT needed. (Saw them do that on a youtube video (non 'squatch) with no rubbing or alterations to stock, except removing the crash bars. Was fine for road running and some base trail riding without bottoming out shocks into fender well. They needed to lift/level two inches to add 37" tires. Then the 37" worked fine also.

Any conflicts with the above before I place my order? As in, real world conflicts and not 'on paper' theories. Thanks forum members. your feedback is valued.
Deano Bronc, ResidualGenius
Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2021

Libations MOD

Nov 22, 2021

I ordered a stock Big Bend (non-'sqatch) with 17" wheels and 255/75/17 tires. I am about to order new tires, BEFORE receiving the Bronco (good sale offer on tires). Paying attention to this web forum, Bronco 6G forum and many youtube videos. This should fit without any issues....right?

Either,

1) 285/75/17 tires on Bronco stock 17" wheels and stock +12 offset; remove crash bars only.
2) 285/70/17 tires on Bronco stock 17" wheels and stock +12 offset; no need to remove crash bars or any alterations.
3) 315/70/17 tires on a 17" wheel with zero (0) offset; remove crash bars, but NO LIFT needed. (Saw them do that on a youtube video (non 'squatch) with no rubbing or alterations to stock, except removing the crash bars. Was fine for road running and some base trail riding without bottoming out shocks into fender well. They needed to lift/level two inches to add 37" tires. Then the 37" worked fine also.

Any conflicts with the above before I place my order? As in, real world conflicts and not 'on paper' theories. Thanks forum members. your feedback is valued.
the 285's for sure but the 315 will be a mall crawler IMO, the crash bars are removed on the SAS too for a reason. Don't see 315's doing any average trails without issues
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
EvlNvrDys

Rank III

Nov 22, 2021

I hear you on the 315's. since the 285/75's are technically 34's (33.83"), I may just do that and avoid having to buy new wheels and suffer an even larger issue with the speedometer revision and lower gas mileage. the 285/70's are about 33", so only an inch gain from the stock 255's and may not be very noticeable. Thanks for the reply.
ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Nov 23, 2021

Just to add to it, yes the 315's will fit with crash bars removed.
295's fit, and most likely need to remove crash bars.
285's definitely no problem stock.

Also, I'm pretty sure someone over at B6G did 35's on the stock Big Bend wheels. Just removed crash bars.

You can squeeze alot in there without having to go through lifts and upgrading wheels right off the bat. It all depends on how you want to use it.
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.

Rank III

Feb 11, 2022

Just a follow up for those with the same fit question I had. I had dealer install the 285/75/17s on stock big bend and did not need to remove crash bars…tires move in all directions with plenty of clearance. Zero issues with this size tire. And they look big and awesome, but without the obvious monster tire look. Yokohama geolanders and the road noise is very quiet at all speeds with soft top. One of the best tires for very low road noise. Accessorize away!
Chook, Audi2Bronco2023

Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 11, 2022

Just a follow up for those with the same fit question I had. I had dealer install the 285/75/17s on stock big bend and did not need to remove crash bars…tires move in all directions with plenty of clearance. Zero issues with this size tire. And they look big and awesome, but without the obvious monster tire look. Yokohama geolanders and the road noise is very quiet at all speeds with soft top. One of the best tires for very low road noise. Accessorize away!

Post some pics when you get a chance.

Rank 0

Feb 17, 2022

Do you have a picture ?

Rank VI

Feb 17, 2022

I put yoko geolanders in 37" 13"wide on my superduty and i love them. I was told thier not good in snow but drove to nashville during the big storm in jan with no problems. Enjoy.20220103_063037.jpg
2021 4 door Badlands Sasquatch, Rapid red. 2.7, high package. Reserved on 07-19-2020, ordered 01-20-2021, delivered 12-05-2021

Rank 0

Feb 17, 2022

I put yoko geolanders in 37" 13"wide on my superduty and i love them. I was told thier not good in snow but drove to nashville during the big storm in jan with no problems. Enjoy.View attachment 28842
Awesome thanks , just got the 22 big bend bronco, so trying to find a good tire to put on.

Rank III

Mar 07, 2022

Here are the pics. Btw, I would HIGHLY recommend the Yokohama Geolander AT G015 tires to most persons who aren’t avid 4wheeling over tough rock terrain every weekend. These tires are so quiet on the road it is liking driving in a sedan, and we took it up thru angel fire New Mexico with ice on the roads, deep snow and also did some fun deep mud driving on backroads in them. Zero issues. And the GOAT modes worked like a charm. Here are the pics of the Bronco.

Attachments

twyoung1975, 10K_Vet

Rank II

Mar 07, 2022

Looks sick. Thanks for sharing!

Rank V

Mar 11, 2022

What about 255/80R17? If you do not want a wider tire.

Rank III

Mar 11, 2022

Here are the pics. Btw, I would HIGHLY recommend the Yokohama Geolander AT G015 tires to most persons who aren’t avid 4wheeling over tough rock terrain every weekend. These tires are so quiet on the road it is liking driving in a sedan, and we took it up thru angel fire New Mexico with ice on the roads, deep snow and also did some fun deep mud driving on backroads in them. Zero issues. And the GOAT modes worked like a charm. Here are the pics of the Bronco.

Nice setup! You convinced me to go this route over the KO2s!
2022 Big Bend, Cactus Gray, 4DR, MIC, Mid-package, 2.7L
Ordered 3/4/2022

Standing Grumpy Face

Mar 11, 2022

What about 255/80R17? If you do not want a wider tire.

Better yet a 255/85-17. Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT is currently the only tire in that size. But it looks good!!!

9660F1B2-D604-4A42-9F84-62BBE25D5144.jpeg
Speed Devil

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Mar 11, 2022

Better yet a 255/85-17. Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT is currently the only tire in that size. But it looks good!!!

View attachment 31220

Why does it have Angry eyes??
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics

Standing Grumpy Face

Mar 11, 2022

Why does it have Angry eyes??

It's mad that it's not a Bronco?
Slownstddy, Deano Bronc

Mar 12, 2022

It's mad that it's not a Bronco?

Dad always wanted one, shame he didn't. I always thought they were interesting as well.

Standing Grumpy Face

Mar 12, 2022

Dad always wanted one, shame he didn't. I always thought they were interesting as well.

There is a high mileage one around here for sale for around $13K. I was thinking about taking a peek at it.
Speed Devil

Mar 12, 2022

There is a high mileage one around here for sale for around $13K. I was thinking about taking a peek at it.

and for the people who never drove them, they got a massive return on investment

its a Toyota though, so mileage isnt an issue, and if anything, engine swap

Standing Grumpy Face

Mar 12, 2022

and for the people who never drove them, they got a massive return on investment

its a Toyota though, so mileage isnt an issue, and if anything, engine swap

That's what I was thinking. With a cared for Toyota engine, 200k miles is just broken in. LOL