Doors don't lock

Islandtime5
Apr 22, 2023

Rank 0

Apr 22, 2023

I have a 2023 Wildtrak. You can manually lock the doors inside or by pressing the lock symbol on the handle when the key is removed. When either of the key fabs is used to lock the door, the doors lock and immediately unlock. I am able to use it to unlock the doors after being manually locked. I can even press the door lock and use the fab to autostart the Bronco. I took it to a dealer for service. They had it for 2 days and have no idea what is going on and have never seen it before in any Ford vehicle. They tried to reprogram both remotes with no luck. Has anyone ever heard of this or had similar problems. It kind of suck having an expensive ass ride that won't lock with the fab.
Darrel, Deano Bronc
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2023
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Apr 25, 2023

I haven't heard of that one yet, and it's a shame you're experiencing it. Will you try another dealer to see if they have more history with the issue?
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
Darrel

O-===-O BRONCO, Trail Rated is standard

Apr 26, 2023

Is there a key fob in it? Or registering as in it. That would cause this.
Darrel

Rank 0

Apr 27, 2023

Is there a key fob in it? Or registering as in it. That would cause this.
It doesn't appear so. when all of the keys are out of it and you try to start it the vehicle says no key detected.
Deano Bronc

Rank 0

Apr 27, 2023

I haven't heard of that one yet, and it's a shame you're experiencing it. Will you try another dealer to see if they have more history with the issue?
I'm going to call the dealer I purchased it from today. At this point a part was ordered by the original dealer I took it to, but they told me they were 99% sure that would not fix the issue.
Darrel
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Apr 27, 2023

I'm going to call the dealer I purchased it from today. At this point a part was ordered by the original dealer I took it to, but they told me they were 99% sure that would not fix the issue.
I am going to tag @Ford Motor Company in the hopes their VIN collection will do something for you. FMC, can you try to help, please? Unusual issue for this owner.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s

O-===-O BRONCO, Trail Rated is standard

Apr 27, 2023

It doesn't appear so. when all of the keys are out of it and you try to start it the vehicle says no key detected.
I figured not but sometimes you throw ideas out until something sticks. Modern vehicles can boggle the mind sometimes.
Darrel

Rank V

Apr 27, 2023

I have a 2023 Wildtrak. You can manually lock the doors inside or by pressing the lock symbol on the handle when the key is removed. When either of the key fabs is used to lock the door, the doors lock and immediately unlock. I am able to use it to unlock the doors after being manually locked. I can even press the door lock and use the fab to autostart the Bronco. I took it to a dealer for service. They had it for 2 days and have no idea what is going on and have never seen it before in any Ford vehicle. They tried to reprogram both remotes with no luck. Has anyone ever heard of this or had similar problems. It kind of suck having an expensive ass ride that won't lock with the fab.

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership name/location? I can look into things on my end regarding the automatic locking system issue.
Michael Grasso

Rank 0

Apr 27, 2023

I am going to tag @Ford Motor Company in the hopes their VIN collection will do something for you. FMC, can you try to help, please? Unusual issue for this owner.
Thanks for TAG, FMC reached out.
Laura

Rank V

Apr 27, 2023

The VIN is 1FMEE5DP1PLA82983. I purchased the Bronco at Mangold Ford in Eureka Illinois about Feb 1st. I took it to Sam Leman Ford in Bloomington IL the end of March. I would surely appreciate any help to get the problem resolved.

Thanks for getting back to me! To keep things secure, could you send me this information via private message? Simply click on our username and choose "Start Conversation". Once you do that, I can begin investigating right away!
Deano Bronc