Help. ARB Single Compressor Wiring

Mikey D
Apr 21, 2023

Story Boy

Apr 21, 2023

First off, yes, I'm an idiot. Secondly, definitely a newbie. With that out of way.

All the YouTube vids for ARB installs are typically for twin. In my case, the wiring loom is different, and there is no purple wire.

I called ARB and they were super helpful, but I'm still a little confused. I'm attaching to AUX 6 switch on Bronco and will only be using compressor to air-up. No lockers.

So, step one. I connected the wiring plug in fitting to ARB black/red fitting. I'm thinking I got this one right.

Next, I laid out the remainder of the loom and figured out the 2 negatives and 1 positive wire for ring terminals and battery attachment.

That leaves me with the only remaining part of the loom left. 4 wires with connectors.

This is were I get lost. Which wire actually gets attached to the AUX 6 wire on the bronco? Do I need to strip and simply butt connect to AUX 6 wire?

If I get all that right, can I cut all other unnecessary wires before I zip tie up? Here's a picture of the actual (2) looms.

And here's the wiring diagram for those that are electrically knowledgeable. Any help before I begin cutting, splicing and butt connecting would be appreciated.

Thanks for the help.
2022 | Outer Banks | 2 Dr | Race Red | 2.7L | Mid-Package
Laura, BuckYeah
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2023

Rank II

Apr 22, 2023

I didn’t read your entire post (ADHD here), but I think this should help you.

Rank II

Apr 22, 2023

It’s for a dual but from a wiring to aux I don’t think it matters. Good luck.

Burrito Connoisseur

Apr 22, 2023

The red one going to the pressure switch goes to your Aux 6 line. And yes... butt splicing the wire is fine.

1682130380552.png
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
BuckYeah, Mikey D

Story Boy

Apr 22, 2023

I didn’t read your entire post (ADHD here), but I think this should help you.

Thanks but the single has a different wiring harness and wire colors.

Story Boy

Apr 22, 2023

The red one going to the pressure switch goes to your Aux 6 line. And yes... butt splicing the wire is fine.

1682130380552.png
Thanks. So, to be clear, all I have to do is spice in the red wire to the AUX6 and cut away the remaining green, yellow and black. Correct? No need to worry about black ground wire since it's already hooked up to battery from main loom. Greatly appreciated.

Story Boy

Apr 23, 2023

1682130380552.png
Do you have to install the pressure cut off switch?

Burrito Connoisseur

Apr 23, 2023

Do you have to install the pressure cut off switch?

Yes you do.

As for the other cables on the harness… that depends on the solenoids. Do they come installed or no?

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Apr 23, 2023

I just want to go on record that I'm happy to hear that I'm not the only electrically-challenged Bronco owner. It's nerve-racking stuff (for some including me). :geek:
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA

Story Boy

Apr 23, 2023

I just want to go on record that I'm happy to hear that I'm not the only electrically-challenged Bronco owner. It's nerve-racking stuff (for some including me). :geek:
😂Glad to have you part of the "electrically-challenged" club. My brain gets a little scrambled with this stuff. Good thing we have friendly help on the forum, so we don't fry ourselves and our Bronco.
EGBronc, BuckYeah

Story Boy

Apr 23, 2023

Yes you do.

As for the other cables on the harness… that depends on the solenoids. Do they come installed or no?

Yes you do.

No solenoids. So, to clarify (hopefully). I connect the battery Positive and (2) Negative. I install the pressure switch and connect the Blue/Red harness to switch. I connect the remaining end of harness (red only) to my AUX 6 switch. I cut all other unused cables and wires, tape and clean up with ties. I then start vehicle and throw the AUX 6 switch. The compressor should start up and then cut off (since I installed the pressure switch). I then should be able to connect my air hose and finally enjoy the ARB.

@RagnarKon Am I missing anything else? Once you confirm, I'm on my way!!!!!!! And THANK YOU for all guidance.
TK1215

Life is a Highway

Apr 23, 2023

No solenoids. So, to clarify (hopefully). I connect the battery Positive and (2) Negative. I install the pressure switch and connect the Blue/Red harness to switch. I connect the remaining end of harness (red only) to my AUX 6 switch. I cut all other unused cables and wires, tape and clean up with ties. I then start vehicle and throw the AUX 6 switch. The compressor should start up and then cut off (since I installed the pressure switch). I then should be able to connect my air hose and finally enjoy the ARB.

@RagnarKon Am I missing anything else? Once you confirm, I'm on my way!!!!!!! And THANK YOU for all guidance.
That sounds correct. Just remember that on the first on cycle it will run a bit. When you flip it on later, unless you have the hose or hoses hooked to your tires and actively filling them up, it will turn on and then off quickly. I may or may not have had a little freak out, thinking something was wrong.🤣
Mikey D

Story Boy

Apr 23, 2023

That sounds correct. Just remember that on the first on cycle it will run a bit. When you flip it on later, unless you have the hose or hoses hooked to your tires and actively filling them up, it will turn on and then off quickly. I may or may not have had a little freak out, thinking something was wrong.🤣
All hooked up and tested. The pressure switch immediately shuts the pump off. I think I may have finally finished. I'm working on a short video showing all the mistakes to avoid - and I made a few.😕
thgdfathr, Sven

Apr 24, 2023

All hooked up and tested. The pressure switch immediately shuts the pump off. I think I may have finally finished. I'm working on a short video showing all the mistakes to avoid - and I made a few.😕
Thank you for screwing all this up on my behalf for when I finally pull the trigger and get one lol
2022 Big Bend, 4 door, Cactus Grey, on 285/70/17 KO2s
Mikey D, TK1215

Burrito Connoisseur

Apr 24, 2023

Sorry, had a unexpectedly busy Sunday (tons of rain and kids were locked indoors bored). You get it all figured out eventually or you stuck??

Story Boy

Apr 24, 2023

RagnarKon, thgdfathr

Story Boy

Apr 25, 2023

ARB INSTALL VIDEO AND UPDATE

I decided to switch set up, so I don't have to adjust chuck every time. Definitely much easier to access and fits under the hood nicely.

Laura

Rank 0

Apr 26, 2023

This will be useful. Mine is waiting to be installed when I get some warm weather
Mikey D