Rank 0

Advocate I

Sep 3, 2021
Salmon, Idaho
First Name
JEROME
Last Name
PASTO
The other day driving on the freeway I got a message that the Collision Avoidance Sensor was blocked and not working. I had to shut it off to clear my instrument panel. Where is the Collision Avoidance Sensor located? Can it be blocked by bug hits? I sure had plenty on my windshield. Later, when the vehicle is started again for use does the Collision Avoidance Sensor automatically come on or do I have to reset something? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. 2022 2 door Black Diamond.

Reactions: 14U

BostonBadlands

Rank IV

Champion III

May 7, 2022
Boston, MA, USA
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Childs
Member #

It's not radar that's going to get you pulled over by a cop or trooper. It's LIDAR, which is target-specific. The LIDAR beam--smaller than a pencil lead--can land anywhere on your vehicle and give law enforcement a reading on your speed.

BostonBadlands

Rank IV

Champion III

May 7, 2022
Boston, MA, USA
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Childs
Member #

?? not sTre what this is about ??
The image you posted from the owner's manual includes "Radar Detector--If Equipped." I'm surprised Ford installs that on any models. I regard it as a useless option, and illegal in some states.

frdfan

Rank V

Don't delete

Jan 12, 2022
LaVista Nebraska, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Larson
The image you posted from the owner's manual includes "Radar Detector--If Equipped." I'm surprised Ford installs that on any models. I regard it as a useless option, and illegal in some states.
It's not that kind of radar detector, its for the Auto Cruise Control--(or whatever it's called). It uses the radar to keep and maintain a set distance at speed from the car ahead of you.

BostonBadlands

Rank IV

Champion III

May 7, 2022
Boston, MA, USA
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Childs
Member #

It's not that kind of radar detector, its for the Auto Cruise Control--(or whatever it's called). It uses the radar to keep and maintain a set distance at speed from the car ahead of you.
Thanks! In other words, enhanced cruise control. I'm just an fogey, and finally getting the hang of all this technology, so different from my DeSoto!

"Okay Boomer!"

ChuckO

Rank VI

Champion I

May 8, 2022
Left Coast
First Name
Charles
Last Name
OBryan
Member #

I hate pre-collision, there's no way to turn it off. Rumor has it, if you turn off advancetrac, that turns off pre-collision, but I haven't figured out how to turn off advancetrac

Darrel

Rank VI

Champion II

Sep 14, 2021
New Mexico
First Name
LAURI
Last Name
RECTOR
Member #

Thanks! In other words, enhanced cruise control. I'm just an fogey, and finally getting the hang of all this technology, so different from my DeSoto!

"Okay Boomer!"
Adaptive Cruise Control or ACC is what they call it - incase you need to do a search in the manual to find it. I too am an old fogey, but I think I have a pdf of the owners manual at work and in my personal email.

Reactions: frdfan

ChuckO

Rank VI

Champion I

May 8, 2022
Left Coast
First Name
Charles
Last Name
OBryan
Member #

I figured out how to turn off pre-collision. If you press and hold the traction control button, it turns off advancetec, which in turn turns off pre- collision. Even when pre-collision is set at its lowest level, it goes off nonstop in commute traffic. Totally annoying

Reactions: the poacher

JoergH

Rank VI

Champion II

Apr 21, 2021
Saugus, Santa Clarita, CA, USA
First Name
Joerg
Last Name
Hallbauer
Member #

I figured out how to turn off pre-collision. If you press and hold the traction control button, it turns off advancetec, which in turn turns off pre- collision. Even when pre-collision is set at its lowest level, it goes off nonstop in commute traffic. Totally annoying
How close are you following people?!? I drive in heavy LA traffic a lot, and never had that problem.

Advocate III

Jun 28, 2021
Mesa, AZ 85207, USA
First Name
Arpad
Last Name
Takacs
Member #

BTW: The collision avoidance only works if the object in front of you is made out of metal. If there is a human or critter it will not work.
I found this out earlier this week while attending the Explorer ST driving experience. They had us test it out. Had us ramp up to 20 mph
then take your foot off the gas pedal and let the vehicle do the rest. The first time you do it, it scares the crap out of you. Also if you turn
the wheel, touch the brake or gas pedal during this, it disables it because it returns the control of the vehicle back to you.
It’s primary for distracted drivers.

Fleigj

Rank 0

Advocate I

Jul 25, 2022
Missouri, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Fleig
My pre-collision system just malfunctioned during normal driving. No obvious sensor issue. My screen just indicates the system is unavailable and needs to be serviced. Since that happened, my cruise control indicator no longer displays on the center display when activated. I have an appointment in 2 weeks maybe a code scan will tell me something.

JoergH

Rank VI

Champion II

Apr 21, 2021
Saugus, Santa Clarita, CA, USA
First Name
Joerg
Last Name
Hallbauer
Member #

My pre-collision system just malfunctioned during normal driving. No obvious sensor issue. My screen just indicates the system is unavailable and needs to be serviced. Since that happened, my cruise control indicator no longer displays on the center display when activated. I have an appointment in 2 weeks maybe a code scan will tell me something.
You've probably already done this, but just in case ... check and make sure that the sensor is free of obstructions and/or dirt. Also, check the windshield and make sure that area behind your rearview mirror is the same.