Closer Look: Images of Painted 2021 Bronco Bodies

David
Sep 28, 2020

Rank VI

Sep 28, 2020

Hey Folks!

Here's the forum posting for the painted bodies article we put up last week. Tip of the hat to @SandboxGeneral for noting that we hadn't copied it over.

In other news...that Iconic Silver...*chef's kiss*

https://community.thebronconation.com/closer-look-images-of-painted-2021-bronco-frames/
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Timothy, ressig1
Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2020
SandboxGeneral

Sep 28, 2020

Thanks for posting the article.

My top colors are Antimatter Blue, Rapid Red, Cyber Orange and Oxford White.

The only thing that gives me pause on Oxford White are the inevitable OJ jokes that will accompany it. There is nothing Ford or anyone can do about it, but it's etched into history and the minds of us who were around for that whole thing. Even to this day when I see a white Bronco of that era, I think of OJ.
Reldn, ANGRY_MECHANIC

Rank VI

Sep 28, 2020

Thanks for posting the article.

My top colors are Antimatter Blue, Rapid Red, Cyber Orange and Oxford White.

The only thing that gives me pause on Oxford White are the inevitable OJ jokes that will accompany it. There is nothing Ford or anyone can do about it, but it's etched into history and the minds of us who were around for that whole thing. Even to this day when I see a white Bronco of that era, I think of OJ.
Yeah, it's unfortunate for sure. Also, my top three would be Iconic Silver, Carbonized Grey, and Shadow Black. If I was going to be less boring then Rapid Red would probably be my pick.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Sep 30, 2020

I sure hope that antimatter blue two door wears a Badlands badge! I’m a shadow black by nature. I probably couldn’t do rapid red myself, but would spend some time admiring someone else’s Bronco in rapid red.
BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Sep 30, 2020

From day one I felt the Bronco design was special and set it apart from other vehicles. In many ways color is unnecessary as an element in helping to make a Bronco more attractive. Because of that characteristic, we see so many potential buyers bouncing around between the available colors. Quite frankly they all look good. Even the “shouty” colors of race red, and cyber orange look great the way black/gray is introduced in the roof, wheels, and grill to distract the eye and tone down the vivid color.

Recently, I studied the Jeep Rubicon exterior color choices to understand which Bronco colors were unique. Like Ford, Jeep has several gray colors and the usual black and white. However, Jeep does not have a Cyber Orange (CO). At this point in time, CO appears to be the Bronco signature color.

Ultimately, I suspect most buyers will select their colors and color combinations based on their personal preferences. I also believe we will see some unique color combinations since a Bronco is an incredibly special vehicle and can carry the color cravings of their owners. I look forward to the day when we see many “OMG” Broncos on and off the roads.
tlowell01, ANGRY_MECHANIC

Rank VI

Oct 04, 2020

My top 3 are antimatter blue, area 51, and rapid red. I think what I ultimately pick will depend on the interior and top colors available
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
JFord, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Oct 05, 2020

Choosing a color is going to be the hardest part of the build process. Every day I seem to jump from one color to another.
jswan, PSUTE
SandboxGeneral

Oct 12, 2020

Are there any other photos of a Bronco around in Carbonized Gray besides this one?

On the Ford website the computer generated colorizer for this color makes it seem like it has a hint of green in it and it looks nice. But this image makes it look more plain gray.

ArcoLinux_2020-10-12_17-14-03.pngArcoLinux_2020-10-12_17-16-21.png
BuzzyBud

Moab or bust!!!

Oct 12, 2020

Are there any other photos of a Bronco around in Carbonized Gray besides this one?

On the Ford website the computer generated colorizer for this color makes it seem like it has a hint of green in it and it looks nice. But this image makes it look more plain gray.
I can see how you think it has some green by the colorizer picture but I didn't see any green in it on the jerry cans. I wasn't looking at it in the sunlight either so maybe it changes a little in the sun.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
BuzzyBud
SandboxGeneral

Oct 12, 2020

I can see how you think it has some green by the colorizer picture but I didn't see any green in it on the jerry cans. I wasn't looking at it in the sunlight either so maybe it changes a little in the sun.
You saw the jerry cans in person then?
BuzzyBud

Moab or bust!!!

Oct 12, 2020

You saw the jerry cans in person then?
Yes, at Super Cel East. It looked like a metallic gray to me.
I wonder what other Ford product is supposed to have that color? Is there anything on the lots now with CG?
BuzzyBud
SandboxGeneral

Oct 12, 2020

Yes, at Super Cel East. It looked like a metallic gray to me.
I wonder what other Ford product is supposed to have that color? Is there anything on the lots now with CG?
Okay thanks for letting me know. I was considering it as a potential color if it actually had a hint of green in it as depicted in the colorizer. Since it is as you described I won't be considering it after all.

Moab or bust!!!

Oct 12, 2020

I'm sure you've already looked but here are a few examples of F-150s in CG.
F-150
SandboxGeneral

Oct 12, 2020

F-150
No I haven't seen that. Looks like a new color for the 2021 F-150 . I'll watch the videos in a minute.

I test drove a 2020 F-150 a few weeks ago and it was Abyss Gray. I thought it was an awful color
SandboxGeneral

Oct 12, 2020

F-150
The video on top with the truck under the tent, in some shade, make its look like magnetic gray and I think the guy even calls it that too. But the truck in the video below in the direct light looks more regular gray. Now Magnetic Gray looks really nice to me.
ArcoLinux_2020-10-12_17-33-16.png
SandboxGeneral

Oct 12, 2020

Since I'm ruling out Carbonized Gray, I'm adding Velocity Blue to my list of Rapid Red and Antimatter Blue.

This Velocity Blue looks sick! :cool:
1596470550448.png
ANGRY_MECHANIC, Deano Bronc

Moab or bust!!!

Oct 12, 2020

The video on top with the truck under the tent, in some shade, make its look like magnetic gray and I think the guy even calls it that too. But the truck in the video below in the direct light looks more regular gray. Now Magnetic Gray looks really nice to me.
My son had a Fiesta with Magnetic Gray. I loved how it looked in the sun.

Road trip!!!

Oct 13, 2020

Since I'm ruling out Carbonized Gray, I'm adding Velocity Blue to my list of Rapid Red and Antimatter Blue.

View attachment 4506

48AED19B-7D23-45AF-8DF5-5A3B8E45D91D.jpeg
Velocity Blue :love:
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
Jhastin4567, Hobgoblin
ANGRY_MECHANIC

Oct 22, 2020

View attachment 4506
I'm going white most likely, but that blue though... wow!
SlashRacer

Rank VI

Oct 22, 2020

View attachment 4543
Velocity Blue :love:
Hey! I know the guy who took this picture! :)
Deano Bronc, BuzzyBud