2022 Badlands 4DR HT High Package

BostonBadlands
Oct 30, 2022

Rank V

Oct 30, 2022

Due to arrive Nov 8-14 in Boston, the 2022 Bronco I ordered but did not buy: thus, zero mileage, right off the truck. This is a Cactus Gray 4DR Hardtop High Package, non-Sasquatch, meaning you get just about every driving assist and other goodie the Lux offers minus the B&O music system and tow. I'm not going to list out every do-dad like phone chargers or floor mats, but will state it has equipment group 33A (Mid + High), black vinyl seats, the 2.7L with auto, full G.O.A.T. modes, LT285/70R17 33" AT tires, and modular bumper. For the rest, there are plenty of review sites that list out the High Package.

No images yet--it's in transit. But if you're on this forum, you know what a Cactus Gray Bronco looks like, right?

Boston dealers are marking Broncos up $20K-30K over MSRP. I'm flipping this with less markup, but asking $75K--yeah, a lot, I know. I almost gave up hope, and ended up buying another dealer's cancelation. Buy mine, and you'll have it in time for Christmas and winter driving, brand-new car smell and all, and won't have to go through the long wait, order changes, and painful uncertainty of waiting for your build--and hoping Ford follows through.

Direct Message me if you're seriously interested.
EvlNvrDys, Calgecko
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2022

Life is a Highway

Oct 30, 2022

You should sell it to a reservation holder who is still waiting. At MSRP. Now that would be showing some Human Kindness.
Cjdj8275, EvlNvrDys

Rank V

Oct 30, 2022

Hmm. If you didn't buy this vehicle yet…why not let the dealer take their vehicle and sell it? Or you sell it for MSRP to someone? Why try and make money off people in this forum? People that have been patiently waiting for YEARS. Seems counterintuitive as to why this place exists. Kind of like going to someone’s house for Thanksgiving, droppin’ a deuce in the guest bathroom, not flushing and then walking away leaving it there. Just smells bad and is poor form. Your family would probably forgive you…everyone else will always remember the smell and how uncomfortable it made them feel.
4-dr Wildtrak, Lux pkg, MIC, Leather, A51, Heavy Duty Modular bumper, and roof rack. Ordered Feb 14, 2022. In production Nov 28, 2022. Built Nov 30, 2022. Shipped via rail December 6th. Acquired Dec 31. Just livin’ the dream.
Cjdj8275, EvlNvrDys

Rank V

Oct 31, 2022

sounds like you've already, paid over MSRP for the cancelation you bought (hopefully not too much), I get it...best of luck..
2023, 4dr, Cactus Grey, OBX, SAS, High, Res 7/14/21, ordered 7/16/21 reordered 10/15/21, reordered 9/15/22, scheduled for week of 11/21, built 11/22,del 12/6/22

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Oct 31, 2022

All I can add is good Karma goes a long, long way. Namaste. 🙏
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
EvlNvrDys

Rank V

Oct 31, 2022

I'll probably come off as a greedy S.O.B., but I'll explain my case:

NavPatriot asks, "If you didn't buy this vehicle yet…why not let the dealer take their vehicle and sell it?" For starters, there's the law of supply and demand--the market economy. The demand for Bronco's far outpaces supply, which sends prices up. Dealers with available Broncos add on significant profit, and they get it. So if I cancel this order, the dealer will throw on $15K, 20K, maybe even $30K on top of MSRP. Why should he get it--and not me? My markup (currently) is $5K below what I see in the Boston area.

NavPatriot points out, "(Why don't) you sell it for MSRP to someone? Why try and make money off people in this forum?"
I could, but this is a $60K risk issue for me, and I'll market it on whatever venues might get me a buyer. If it counts for anything, this is my first listing, so BroncoNation members enjoy first notice. There might be somebody here who's had it with Ford's order queue, and will say (as I did), "I've had it with that wait list. There's a Bronco I like. Sure, it'll run me extra, but I'm willing to pay the extra $$."

There's also the matter of risk. This Bronco comes in, the dealer will need to close, so I'll have to pony up the contract $$, then store it until I get a buyer. As we know, the economy looks bad and could get worse--much worse. What if a whole bunch of order-holders cancel leaving Ford & dealers with a growing inventory of Broncos? Conceivably, I might have to sell mine at a loss. That's the free market, folks. As the Great Guru once told me, "Sh*t happens."

Lastly, a personal matter: My previous ride was in bad shape, and would need very serious $$$, exceeding its value. I didn't like the idea of shopping for a make-do car while waiting for my Bronco (ordered last November). I turned 75 in May, and two days later "Dealer 'B'" contacted me about the Bronco I now own, ride, and love. I sure flinched at the markup (I'm too embarassed to tell you), but I hit my home equity and bought the beauty. It's no status ride: it's been to New Hampshire, Vermont, western Mass, Colorado, Moab, the west Utah/Nevada desert. This geezer's having fun! I won't "make up" the steep markup on my current Bronco, but if I'm lucky I might get what I've put into it on winch, lights, roofrack, compressor, beadlocks...and the goodies we love to talk about on-line.

Hope all of this makes sense. Thanks for whatever understanding you can render me.

PS: If I sell my page-turner novel (much of it is set in Utah!), I'll sell the "just-in-case" Bronco at my cost. Anybody know a literary agent who would like to market a hot property?
EvlNvrDys

Oct 31, 2022

I hear what you’re saying and your rationale seems sound enough, but as you’re keenly aware, perceptions will invariably weigh unfavorably in enthusiast circles. I hope you get what you want, and whoever gets what you’ve got is satisfied in every way. As picky as I am about the options I’ve chosen, I’d be a hard sale, but there’s probably someone out there who thinks your build checks all the right boxes. I guess it boils down to how desperately somebody wants a Bronco right away.
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
BostonBadlands

Defeated by Mickey’s Hot Tub

Oct 31, 2022

@BostonBadlands you will get no sympathy from members here for your greed. People like you are the reason why dealerships have been reluctant to sell broncos at msrp. They know people are buying them just to flip. You are trying to justify your greed by saying risks you are taking. You are taking zero risks if you let the dealership have it.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
bronco11, NavPatriot

Oct 31, 2022

@BostonBadlands you will get no sympathy from members here for your greed. People like you are the reason why dealerships have been reluctant to sell broncos at msrp. They know people are buying them just to flip. You are trying to justify your greed by saying risks you are taking. You are taking zero risks if you let the dealership have it.

You make a good point. I can understand his rationale without necessarily approving of it. For me, it would be very bad Karma. We are all responsible for the consequences of our actions. I guess time will tell.
SlashRacer

Rank V

Oct 31, 2022

Agreed.
4-dr Wildtrak, Lux pkg, MIC, Leather, A51, Heavy Duty Modular bumper, and roof rack. Ordered Feb 14, 2022. In production Nov 28, 2022. Built Nov 30, 2022. Shipped via rail December 6th. Acquired Dec 31. Just livin’ the dream.

Official unofficial BN Photographer

Oct 31, 2022

I can understand wanting to make maybe $2500-$3000 or so for going through the process of buying, paying taxes, etc - and then holding onto it while waiting to flip - but (to me) it seems like what he is trying to do is pretty greedy and excessive. My 4 door badsquatch with Lux and 2.7, plus 7yr/100k mile warranty, chip/ding/wheel/tire coverage, was $67k out the door after taxes. I'd imagine with the way his is optioned, it's probably more like $55-60k out the door - so asking $75k is ballpark $15-20k markup. That's excessive
Reservation: 7/20/20 | MY '21 order: 2/1/21 | MY '22 order: 10/22/21 | Blend 8/5, built 8/8, 'built' status 8/27, in my driveway 10/12/22
Auto Photographer in Sacramento CA:
www.instagram.com/photographybymarkbrooks

Rank V

Oct 31, 2022

$75K is a starting price and admittedly a little ambitious, even for the New England market. We'll see if I get any nibbles. But this is a business activity. Should I let the dealer jack the price up over MSRP, instead of me? Should I sell it at cost to a Forum member? Sentiment, politics, ideology and "family considerations" should be as removed from business as possible. They aren't, of course.

Rank VI

Oct 31, 2022

Why don't you say it like all the others have been........

All the mental pain and anguish I've suffered, I deserve to make a few bucks! 😂 At least that's what most of the sissy's seem to believe anymore.

Once you "buy" it from the dealer, it's yours to do with as you please. But I can understand the comments others have already made before me.
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
BostonBadlands