Change Request Timing

Heske007
Mar 11, 2021

Rank IV

Mar 11, 2021

Here is a copy of and email I sent to my sales consultant regarding some minor updates I was thinking of making to my order. Sounds like he doesn’t want to be bothered with my request or am I taking his response the wrong way....

Hello Sales Rep,
Can you tell me if there is a deadline, and if so what it is for making any additional changes to my order?

Response:

Hi Kevin,

We already made a change. Typically, Ford doesn't like a second change. I don't know what it will do if make the attempt. It
certainly won't help your cause. Changes can be made up to point of being scheduled. The Bronco is a new animal and not typical ordering.
Outer Banks, 4 Dr, 2.7L, Sasquatch, MOD Hard Top, HD Bumper, Lux Package, Tow, Cloth Navy Pier, Oxford White
14U, Bronc96
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2021

Rank V

Mar 11, 2021

Kevin to Sales Rep: If you want me to go elsewhere, that can be arranged. In the meantime, I don't care what you or Ford "like". ..
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery
CGBronco, Shadowblade

Libations MOD

Mar 11, 2021

Kevin, I am a paying customer so the changes I want are ............
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
ATC Enthusiast, Jakob1972

Rank IV

Mar 11, 2021

Thanks for the feedback, I’ll just tell my rep to put in the changes I want or pound sand and I’ll take my business elsewhere!
Outer Banks, 4 Dr, 2.7L, Sasquatch, MOD Hard Top, HD Bumper, Lux Package, Tow, Cloth Navy Pier, Oxford White
ATC Enthusiast, ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Mar 11, 2021

Yep, sounds like a sales rep trying to avoid having to input revisions into the ordering system...aka lazy! Your Bronc so change as many times as you wish. :)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
ATC Enthusiast, 14U

Member 2541 Jerry

Mar 11, 2021

Here is a copy of and email I sent to my sales consultant regarding some minor updates I was thinking of making to my order. Sounds like he doesn’t want to be bothered with my request or am I taking his response the wrong way....

Hello Sales Rep,
Can you tell me if there is a deadline, and if so what it is for making any additional changes to my order?

Response:

Hi Kevin,

We already made a change. Typically, Ford doesn't like a second change. I don't know what it will do if make the attempt. It
certainly won't help your cause. Changes can be made up to point of being scheduled. The Bronco is a new animal and not typical ordering.
“Typically Ford doesn't like” is just Lazy.
Ford is allowing changes, because Ford is in the business of selling cars.
Ford wants the Broncos sold and on the streets with happy owners with happy stories .
Make the changes and don’t take no for an answer!
“You Are The Customer!”
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
Broncomon, Heske007

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Mar 11, 2021

change.jpg
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
Shadowblade, PSUTE

Gladesmen

Mar 11, 2021

I would tell him the Bronco is a new animal, and not typical ordering, and Ford has stated that we can make changes right up to the point they assign a VIN. Expect some changes.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Heske007, ATC Enthusiast

Mar 11, 2021

Super lazy and unprofessional... I watched my Ford General Manager make a change to my converted order a month or so ago.... he got into my order, found the general area (lighting, electrical, color schemes).... used the provided "drop down menu" - selected new change.... confirmed new change... then "Saved" the new change. Several minutes.... and then asked me, "What else can we do for you?"

Man, you are a paying customer AND probably paying close to MSRP - GET WHAT YOU WANT!
Shadowblade, PSUTE

Rank V

Mar 11, 2021

Hello Sales Rep,

Response:

Hi Kevin,

I just made a second change to my order on Monday. In conversation with my dealer sales rep he said, "you make as many changes as you feel you need as long as they are made before March 19th. We want you to be fully satisfied with your new Ford Bronco and it's not difficult to make the changes you are asking for".
Just for the record, I completely changed my order from a BB with Sas to a BL without Sas. So, if he says those changes aren't a big deal, I can't imagine a minor change being a big deal. Sounds like your dealer rep needs a reminder of where his commission comes from.
You can't reason someone out of a position that they didn't reason themselves into.
Shadowblade, Heske007

Rank V

Mar 11, 2021

This is one of those
Oh sh~t moments
When you realize the person your doing business is crappy.

imo that loses my business.
But dont know at this point how hard it is to take your order elsewhere.
If in calif...
Have a terrific sales person to recommend.
Not sure if can post here.
Anyone pm if you like.
Shadowblade, Heske007

Rank VI

Mar 11, 2021

Sounds like a lazy sales guy to me. I wanted a couple of minor tweaks made to my order. I emailed the sales woman from my LFD. The next morning, I got an email with a screenshot showing my changes had been input into the system. Ford is literally doing nothing with our orders until the banks close on 3/19, so making changes causes them no issues.

Now after 3/19, I'd imagine its not a big deal for changes around the edges, but if you did something like change from a MT 2 door Base to a 4 door Wildtrak, that would probably cause problems for Ford as they map out their production plan.
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
Shadowblade, Heske007

Trusted and Carefree

Mar 11, 2021

Hmm. My understanding is that changes to the build can be made up until the time that the build date is scheduled. Thats at least the end of the month, and much likely later unless you have that first edition they are fixin' to auction.
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco
Shadowblade, Heske007

Rank IV

Mar 11, 2021

I literally made a change a few minutes ago. Emailed my dealer and added the 4.27 locking rear end. Nothing more than an email exchange. Sent at 10 and got confirmation with a new order sheet by 10:45.
2017 Nissan Titan XD 4x4
2021 Ford Bronco Big Bend 4dr, cactus gray, soft top, 4.27 rear end
June 7--no wait, June 28 build date
Shadowblade, Heske007

Rank 0

Mar 12, 2021

I literally made a change a few minutes ago. Emailed my dealer and added the 4.27 locking rear end. Nothing more than an email exchange. Sent at 10 and got confirmation with a new order sheet by 10:45.

Did you get an updated order email from Ford? I made some changes a couple weeks ago and my salesman scanned a copy of the order update to me, but I still haven’t gotten a confirmation from Ford
Shadowblade

Rank IV

Mar 12, 2021

Did you get an updated order email from Ford? I made some changes a couple weeks ago and my salesman scanned a copy of the order update to me, but I still haven’t gotten a confirmation from Ford

I did not. But I wouldn't think I would get any updates from Ford. I have updated my order twice and have not received anything updated from Ford.
2017 Nissan Titan XD 4x4
2021 Ford Bronco Big Bend 4dr, cactus gray, soft top, 4.27 rear end
June 7--no wait, June 28 build date
Shadowblade, Heske007

Rank V

Mar 12, 2021

Sounds like a dealer that won't help out. I changed my order twice today (albeit due to dealer errors when ordering) and they kicked that out in a couple hours.
Heske007, TheGinge

Rank VI

Mar 12, 2021

There is not a follow up email for changes from my experience. I had changes on my order as well but did not get a follow up confirmation email.
TheGinge, Heske007

Mar 12, 2021

I've made two changes, at two different times weeks apart... no "update to order" emails received.
Shadowblade, Heske007

Rank V

Mar 12, 2021

Agree with all of the above comments, this a sales rep who is either misinformed or plain lazy. I just made a change yesterday; the dealer sent back an updated order summary within a few hours, no questions asked!
FE: 4 Dr, A51, NP
BRaptor: HPR; Original GT Res - 7/14/20
Shadowblade, ResidualGenius