Change Color

IBOK
Feb 04, 2021

Rank IV

Feb 04, 2021

Can I change my color selection after I have ordered my Bronco?
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 04, 2021

Moab or bust!!!

Feb 04, 2021

Yes. You can change any of your specs until a couple of weeks before it's scheduled to build. Just contact your dealer who entered your order and they should be able to change it for you.
BTW - Welcome to Bronco Nation!
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.

Rank IV

Feb 11, 2021

My dealer made me sign a docusign document when i sent him my build. Two weeks later I asked him if I could change some things on my build and he said he would not be able to do that because I had signed for my original build already. Hopefully you will have better luck than I did with changing something with your build.
Bronc96, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Feb 11, 2021

Ford has specifically stated that customers can change their order up till the time of build. Given they are not going to start our builds until at least May if not later, the dealer needs to call Ford and ask the process. There was a Bronco Nation video interviewing the Ford rep that talked about this specifically.
Bronco Nation Member #2396
Ordered: First Edition w/Area 51, Onyx Interior, MIC Top
If you're not in a Ford Bronco, you better be on horseback.
Bronc96, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Feb 11, 2021

My dealer made me sign a docusign document when i sent him my build. Two weeks later I asked him if I could change some things on my build and he said he would not be able to do that because I had signed for my original build already. Hopefully you will have better luck than I did with changing something with your build.
Docusign be damned!! Ford made it perfectly clear, you have until your build is scheduled to change anything you want. You can add, take away accessories, change color etc... It is your money and your BRONCO! If your dealer isn't up on it, have them contact Ford or you can always call as well. Help them out. I've found we know more on here then most dealers know.

There is a video or two on this and several threads where we hash out this topic.

Good Luck!
Bronc96, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Feb 11, 2021

Docusign be damned!! Ford made it perfectly clear, you have until your build is scheduled to change anything you want. You can add, take away accessories, change color etc... It is your money and your BRONCO! If your dealer isn't up on it, have them contact Ford or you can always call as well. Help them out. I've found we know more on here then most dealers know.

There is a video or two on this and several threads where we hash out this topic.

Good Luck!
Thank you! I will have to contact him and inform him on this situation. He's a great guy just don't think he knows what he can and can't do with these reservations.
Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Feb 11, 2021

My dealer stated, as others have said, that changes can be made pretty late in the order process. He even said it's common for people to call within a couple weeks of placing an order to make changes. Acted like it isn't a big deal. It's surprising to hear how uninformed or, even worse, unwilling some of these dealers can be.
Bronc96, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Feb 12, 2021

I signed my Build & Price sheet the day I ordered, then signed my order summary when I went back a week later and changed my color from Rapid Red to AMB and added the towing package. He may not want to change it, but when you’re paying $60K for. Vehicle site unseen, then he needs to do better by you. Show him the policy Ford put out saying you can make changes up to the build time.
Deano Bronc, The_Salty_Bronco

Rank 0

Apr 16, 2022

Contacted my dealer the other day, dealer I am working with is a nightmare, and asked if I could change my color from black to eruption green. I ordered this vehicle early Feb, so I am a long ways from being built. Dealer told me that if I change the color, I will have to pay the price of the vehicle as if it was being re-ordered today. I signed my paperwork at 56k, and he said if I changed it, I would have to pay almost 58k. Does anyone know if this is facts? I can't imagine that changing the color should cost almost 2K

Moab or bust!!!

Apr 16, 2022

Contacted my dealer the other day, dealer I am working with is a nightmare, and asked if I could change my color from black to eruption green. I ordered this vehicle early Feb, so I am a long ways from being built. Dealer told me that if I change the color, I will have to pay the price of the vehicle as if it was being re-ordered today. I signed my paperwork at 56k, and he said if I changed it, I would have to pay almost 58k. Does anyone know if this is facts? I can't imagine that changing the color should cost almost 2K
No, that is not true. As long as you don't change trim levels or from 2d to 4d, you are fine.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
BigHoof, Falconer1

Rank 0

Apr 16, 2022

Thank you for the quick reply Deano. I knew that had to be a load of crap.
Deano Bronc

Standing Grumpy Face

Apr 16, 2022

That is ridiculous. And nothing more than a dealer trying to make their own rules. And at the end of the day it is flat out laziness on the dealers part. They just don't want to bother with the whole five minutes it would take to change the order. You can change the color up until the point that you have a VIN assigned.
Falconer1

Rank 0

Apr 16, 2022

That is ridiculous. And nothing more than a dealer trying to make their own rules. And at the end of the day it is flat out laziness on the dealers part. They just don't want to bother with the whole five minutes it would take to change the order. You can change the color up until the point that you have a VIN assigned.
I am almost to the point of just cancelling my order completely. This has been the worst car buying experience of my life and it only continues to be more stressful as I wait for my vehicle to be built. I put my money down 2 months ago and they still haven't been able to get me a receipt. I have been on them day after day after day and just getting zero customer service.

Standing Grumpy Face

Apr 16, 2022

No, that is not true. As long as you don't change trim levels or from 2d to 4d, you are fine.

Don't forget 4wd system and equipment packages. Those two will also disqualify you from price protection as well.
Deano Bronc, Falconer1

Standing Grumpy Face

Apr 16, 2022

I am almost to the point of just cancelling my order completely. This has been the worst car buying experience of my life and it only continues to be more stressful as I wait for my vehicle to be built. I put my money down 2 months ago and they still haven't been able to get me a receipt. I have been on them day after day after day and just getting zero customer service.

It's unfortunate some dealers really don't care about the Bronco. The reason is probably because they are doing work for nothing now. And know that it could be a year before they make anything on a Bronco they order today. They would rather concentrate their efforts on what they have now and make money on today.
Falconer1

Rank 0

Apr 16, 2022

It's unfortunate some dealers really don't care about the Bronco. The reason is probably because they are doing work for nothing now. And know that it could be a year before they make anything on a Bronco they order today. They would rather concentrate their efforts on what they have now and make money on today.
If they weren't up charging so much, they could have sold me one months ago, but its worth it to me to save 30k and just wait for the one I ordered to show up. Thank you for the thoughts. Really, just having someone other than my poor fiancé listen for a minute about the bronco is really nice.

Rank V

Apr 16, 2022

It's weird the first time I checked my order on the Ford website there was something there about changes. Now it doesn't show up anymore.

Rank III

Apr 17, 2022

Most dealerships know they got ya at the time you order because if you go elsewhere at a later date you're just going to extend the length of time it will be to get your Bronc so tacking on a bullshit extra charge is easy, and l'm sure a lot of people get stuck paying it out.