Caution

Cornwelltoolman
Oct 17, 2021

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Oct 17, 2021

I came across this bumper today and while the idea is attractive Do Not! install such a bumper on your bronco it completely blocks the airflow to the intercooler and will cause major engine damage that I'm sure ford will not warranty 6ACE485F-16D2-4602-B0BA-E08D23F18DC0.jpeg
Bronco 202?, Bronco_Girl
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2021

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Oct 17, 2021

Screenshot_20211017-183123_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
KennyMac, Bronc96

No Ragerts

Oct 17, 2021

Interesting that Ford’s front license plate mount is dead center in the “Medium Risk” zone…
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
KennyMac, Speed Devil

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Oct 17, 2021

Interesting that Ford’s front license plate mount is dead center in the “Medium Risk” zone…
that is interesting but being a ford product they can't deny you warranty should it cause a problem the ford winch mount blocks more than the license plate I'm sure

Rank 0

Oct 17, 2021

I came across this bumper today and while the idea is attractive Do Not! install such a bumper on your bronco it completely blocks the airflow to the intercooler and will cause major engine damage that I'm sure ford will not warranty View attachment 19868

Is this an ADD bumper? I was just looking at their rock fighter and wondering if it would be an issue. Here's the one I was reading about...

Attachments

Badlands, Sas. 4dr, 2.7, High pkg, MIC, Tow, originally AMB, now Race Red
7/14/20 Res., 3/31/21 Order, ??? Build

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Oct 17, 2021

I saw that too. If it wasn't for the equipment to support the turbo...make s a case for NA engines

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Oct 17, 2021

Is this an ADD bumper? I was just looking at their rock fighter and wondering if it would be an issue. Here's the one I was reading about...
it is a body gaurd I would be very cautious about anything that blocks that red area
67Bronkogirl

Rank V

Oct 18, 2021

I see the ADD bumper has vents under it though. Not sure how much it works but there is some airflow.
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Oct 18, 2021

I saw that too. If it wasn't for the equipment to support the turbo...make s a case for NA engines
I see the ADD bumper has vents under it though. Not sure how much it works but there is some airflow.
I saw that too I'm not sure it is worth the risk to see if ther is enough air flow I'm sure a good solution to a winch and still have the camera function will come

Rank VI

Oct 18, 2021

Thanks for posting, I liked the idea of the ADD bumper as well. It seemed like a good option for a winch that didn't block the front camera. As said above hopefully as more aftermarket companies get involve a truly viable alternative will become available.
67Bronkogirl, Cornwelltoolman

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Oct 18, 2021

This is why I'm not adding anything just yet and upgrayedding everything once I can
1634576680376.png
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
67Bronkogirl, Bschurr

Life is a Highway

Oct 18, 2021

I’m curious if ADD addressed the airflow issues with the venting on either side of the winch mount? Are there channels that force the air towards the inter cooler
67Bronkogirl

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Oct 18, 2021

Hashed this over with a friend of mine, he also has a lifetime of off road experience. Based on what we've seen and what we do, the Bronco only needs a winch. If you need more than that you might as well build a crawler.Its cheaper than modding a stock production vehicle.Run any engine you want, any tranny... so on.
Deano Bronc, Bronco_Girl

Rank V

Oct 18, 2021

I saw that too I'm not sure it is worth the risk to see if ther is enough air flow I'm sure a good solution to a winch and still have the camera function will come

Yep, more bumpers will come out after a while. I have the 4WP set up on my Big Bend atm and it have plenty of airflow for sure.
IMG_9260.jpg
nic, 67Bronkogirl

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Oct 18, 2021

Yep, more bumpers will come out after a while. I have the 4WP set up on my Big Bend atm and it have plenty of airflow for sure.
View attachment 19917
looks good
1Five1 Garage, Speed Devil

Rank V

Oct 18, 2021

I’m curious if ADD addressed the airflow issues with the venting on either side of the winch mount? Are there channels that force the air towards the inter cooler
The ADD winch placement looks pretty close to what factory has. the question is the lights under it blocking the airflow. The 4WP bumper in the post above has the same opening as the stock bumper.
Cornwelltoolman

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Oct 18, 2021

The ADD winch placement looks pretty close to what factory has. the question is the lights under it blocking the airflow. The 4WP bumper in the post above has the same opening as the stock bumper.
lights and then they at least attempted to put some kind of opening below the light the body gaurd bumper just completely blocks it

Life is a Highway

Oct 18, 2021

Hashed this over with a friend of mine, he also has a lifetime of off road experience. Based on what we've seen and what we do, the Bronco only needs a winch. If you need more than that you might as well build a crawler.Its cheaper than modding a stock production vehicle.Run any engine you want, any tranny... so on.
Curious what your insights are regarding the tow package?
Speed Devil

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Oct 19, 2021

Remind me, can we get rid of that little black box in front of the intercooler and reroute the stuff behind there somewhere else? I'm lucky I don't have ACC, but still
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics

Rank III

Oct 19, 2021

I came across this bumper today and while the idea is attractive Do Not! install such a bumper on your bronco it completely blocks the airflow to the intercooler and will cause major engine damage that I'm sure ford will not warranty View attachment 19868

It will not cause "major" damage. If IAT2 gets too high the PCM pulls timing