Cargo area enclosure installed

TexasBroncoDude
Sep 09, 2021

Rank V

Sep 09, 2021

Had this installed today. Was wanting to have a secure storage area since I have the soft top. Seems very solid, no rattles or noise from it, all the parts are metal. On the passenger side there is an opening for access to the outlet and such. The top has tie downs at the four corners, so could load stuff on top of the lid as well. Dealer charged 1/2 hour labor for install. First one they have installed, so they weren't sure what to expect. Ended up taking them close to 2 hours to complete. They did mention that there is a step missing in the directions that came with it. Attaching a couple quick pictures of it.

Description and part number from Ford accessories site:

CARGO AREA ENCLOSURE - FIXED LID, 4-DOOR
Part No
VM2DZ-78115A00-C

Attachments

JIOxfordWhite, richtor
Last edited by a moderator: Sep 09, 2021

Gladesmen

Sep 09, 2021

Nice so the rear door/tailgate is what seals off the end of the compartment?
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Rgwinn

Rank V

Sep 09, 2021

Had this installed today. Was wanting to have a secure storage area since I have the soft top. Seems very solid, no rattles or noise from it, all the parts are metal. On the passenger side there is an opening for access to the outlet and such. The top has tie downs at the four corners, so could load stuff on top of the lid as well. Dealer charged 1/2 hour labor for install. First one they have installed, so they weren't sure what to expect. Ended up taking them close to 2 hours to complete. They did mention that there is a step missing in the directions that came with it. Attaching a couple quick pictures of it.

Part No
VM2DZ-78115A00-C
Looks good!

Quick question... how much hassle do you think it would be to remove the lid and rear panel behind the rear seats leaving as much hardware/mounting brackets in place as is practical? I'm asking because when I go "overlanding" ( another word for car camping:LOL:), I have drifted back to the most minimalistic approach possible and I want to sleep in the back. So for the dozen or so times I will be sleeping in the back I will need to remove the lid and rear partition. The remaining three weeks a month I would like the secure storage area the enclosure provides. Thanks!
4DR BL-Cactus Gray - Sas - 2.7 - 10 Spd - Lux - Soft Top
Res 7/14 - Ord 1/20 - VIN 8/26 - Sticker 10/12 - Blend 10/18
Bronco_Girl

Rank V

Sep 09, 2021

Nice so the rear door/tailgate is what seals off the end of the compartment?
Yes, the locked tailgate is what seals it off
Jakob1972

Rank V

Sep 09, 2021

Looks good!

Quick question... how much hassle do you think it would be to remove the lid and rear panel behind the rear seats leaving as much hardware/mounting brackets in place as is practical? I'm asking because when I go "overlanding" ( another word for car camping:LOL:), I have drifted back to the most minimalistic approach possible and I want to sleep in the back. So for the dozen or so times I will be sleeping in the back I will need to remove the lid and rear partition. The remaining three weeks a month I would like the secure storage area the enclosure provides. Thanks!
Not 100% sure as I had it installed. But looking at it, there appears to be two bolts on each side that hold the metal cover behind the seats. Would think you could unbolt them, but that’s just a guess. Attaching a couple photos that hopefully may help.

Attachments

BuckYeah, Pakrat

Rank V

Sep 09, 2021

Not 100% sure as I had it installed. But looking at it, there appears to be two bolts on each side that hold the metal cover behind the seats. Would think you could unbolt them, but that’s just a guess. Attaching a couple photos that hopefully may help.
Thanks
4DR BL-Cactus Gray - Sas - 2.7 - 10 Spd - Lux - Soft Top
Res 7/14 - Ord 1/20 - VIN 8/26 - Sticker 10/12 - Blend 10/18
OBXBroncoGuy

Sep 11, 2021

Part No
VM2DZ-78115A00-C
How did you get it? From the dealer or from accessories ford?

Rank V

Sep 11, 2021

How did you get it? From the dealer or from accessories ford?
Found it on the Ford accessories site and then asked the accessory guy at my Ford dealer to order it for me. Only option online was dealer pickup, so just had them order it.
Rgwinn

Rank VI

Sep 12, 2021

I have ordered the one with the lifting lid. I had this on my Wrangler and made it nice to have secure storage when the top it off.

-
  • CARGO AREA ENCLOSURE - FIXED LID, 4-DOOR Part No VM2DZ-78115A00-C $569.00
  • VM2DZ-78115A00-D - Cargo Area Enclosure,Deluxe Raised Lid, 4DR by Tuffy $639
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
LizBiz, hkbooner

Rank VI

Sep 12, 2021

Thanks for the post & pics! I'm wanting to do the same thing with mine.
TexasBroncoDude

Rank VI

Sep 12, 2021

Looks great! Glad to see the speaker area wouldn’t be covered up. This is something I want to do as well. What does it look like under the lid? Is there still access to the power port, hard top connection fluid hose point, etc?
Rgwinn

Rank V

Sep 19, 2021

Looks great! Glad to see the speaker area wouldn’t be covered up. This is something I want to do as well. What does it look like under the lid? Is there still access to the power port, hard top connection fluid hose point, etc?
Attaching a photo looking up towards the lid inside the opening on the passenger side. Doesn’t look like there is any access through the lid. Don’t have the hard top connection fluid hose in mine as soft too prior to them offering the hard top prep kit. Hopefully this helps answer the question.

Attachments

hkbooner

Rank V

Sep 29, 2021

Finally had time to look closer. There is a panel you can remove to provide access for the hard top connections.

Attachments

Buckin', BuckYeah

Rank IV

Nov 27, 2021

Still waiting for my Bronco Prod date... I am interested to purchase the Cargo Area Enclosure, Deluxe Raised Lid but can't someone unlock the rear gate if the doors are off from inside or ONLY key/fab will open/close the rear gate.

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Nov 27, 2021

This is a very wise addition to the Bronco, especially for those with the soft top. Can't beat having peace of mind. Also, I'm glad to hear it doesn't produce any rattles while driving.
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
cindylou, TexasBroncoDude

Rank V

Nov 27, 2021

Still waiting for my Bronco Prod date... I am interested to purchase the Cargo Area Enclosure, Deluxe Raised Lid but can't someone unlock the rear gate if the doors are off from inside or ONLY key/fab will open/close the rear gate.

Believe key fob needs to be in range for the gate to be opened when locked. Not aware of a way to open it from inside. Haven’t had the doors off yet, and will be a while with the temps dropping.

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Nov 27, 2021

not something I had considered but It looks like a nice addition

Rank V

Nov 27, 2021

Security is my main worry with getting the soft top. This cargo area enclosure seems like a much better use of space than a box/drawer. When I go into the Ford store I only see the deluxe raised lid option and not the fixed lid. I can't figure out why I'd want the raised lid vs. the fixed one, and I don't know what the cost difference is. I'm also wondering if I should get the vault for the front console so that I don't have to move small stuff from the front to the back whenever I park in unfamiliar territory. I feel like with the 15% deal right now I should make a decision even if it'll be a few more weeks before I see my Bronco.
'21 Sassy Bronco Badlands Lux 4D with 2.7L in Rapid Red
'03 F250 7.3L 4x4 in Red
Deano Bronc, Rgwinn

Rank VI

Nov 27, 2021

Security is my main worry with getting the soft top. This cargo area enclosure seems like a much better use of space than a box/drawer. When I go into the Ford store I only see the deluxe raised lid option and not the fixed lid. I can't figure out why I'd want the raised lid vs. the fixed one, and I don't know what the cost difference is. I'm also wondering if I should get the vault for the front console so that I don't have to move small stuff from the front to the back whenever I park in unfamiliar territory. I feel like with the 15% deal right now I should make a decision even if it'll be a few more weeks before I see my Bronco.
The raised lid should make it easier to get stuff in and out. Also the center console does lock for basic security.
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
LizBiz

Rank V

Dec 02, 2021

I installed mine and love it. I would not buy it if you want to take it in and out though. It is NOT easy to remove and put back. The lid is only two bolts, but the spacer and location will give you hand cramps. The back is bolted on in a location that you will drop the washer or nut at least once and have to take a wall down to get.
Badlands / 4-Door / Anit-Matter Blue / 2.7 / MGV / High Package / Sasquatch Package
Ditchrunner, TexasBroncoDude