Cargo area enclosure installed

Advocate II

May 27, 2021
Melissa, tx.
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Feldkamp
Had this installed today. Was wanting to have a secure storage area since I have the soft top. Seems very solid, no rattles or noise from it, all the parts are metal. On the passenger side there is an opening for access to the outlet and such. The top has tie downs at the four corners, so could load stuff on top of the lid as well. Dealer charged 1/2 hour labor for install. First one they have installed, so they weren't sure what to expect. Ended up taking them close to 2 hours to complete. They did mention that there is a step missing in the directions that came with it. Attaching a couple quick pictures of it.

Description and part number from Ford accessories site:

CARGO AREA ENCLOSURE - FIXED LID, 4-DOOR
Part No
VM2DZ-78115A00-C

Attachments

Pakrat

Rank IV

Don't delete

Dec 15, 2020
Lake Tahoe, United States
First Name
Jud
Last Name
Gutheil
Had this installed today. Was wanting to have a secure storage area since I have the soft top. Seems very solid, no rattles or noise from it, all the parts are metal. On the passenger side there is an opening for access to the outlet and such. The top has tie downs at the four corners, so could load stuff on top of the lid as well. Dealer charged 1/2 hour labor for install. First one they have installed, so they weren't sure what to expect. Ended up taking them close to 2 hours to complete. They did mention that there is a step missing in the directions that came with it. Attaching a couple quick pictures of it.

Part No
VM2DZ-78115A00-C
Looks good!

Quick question... how much hassle do you think it would be to remove the lid and rear panel behind the rear seats leaving as much hardware/mounting brackets in place as is practical? I'm asking because when I go "overlanding" ( another word for car camping:LOL:), I have drifted back to the most minimalistic approach possible and I want to sleep in the back. So for the dozen or so times I will be sleeping in the back I will need to remove the lid and rear partition. The remaining three weeks a month I would like the secure storage area the enclosure provides. Thanks!

Reactions: Bronco_Girl

Advocate II

May 27, 2021
Melissa, tx.
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Feldkamp
Looks good!

Quick question... how much hassle do you think it would be to remove the lid and rear panel behind the rear seats leaving as much hardware/mounting brackets in place as is practical? I'm asking because when I go "overlanding" ( another word for car camping:LOL:), I have drifted back to the most minimalistic approach possible and I want to sleep in the back. So for the dozen or so times I will be sleeping in the back I will need to remove the lid and rear partition. The remaining three weeks a month I would like the secure storage area the enclosure provides. Thanks!
Not 100% sure as I had it installed. But looking at it, there appears to be two bolts on each side that hold the metal cover behind the seats. Would think you could unbolt them, but that’s just a guess. Attaching a couple photos that hopefully may help.

Attachments

Reactions: Pakrat

lonzo71

Rank VI

Promoter II

Feb 20, 2021
Virginia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Damba
Member #

Part No
VM2DZ-78115A00-C
How did you get it? From the dealer or from accessories ford?

Rgwinn

Rank VI

Champion III

Jul 20, 2020
Salem, OR, USA
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Gwinn
Member #

I have ordered the one with the lifting lid. I had this on my Wrangler and made it nice to have secure storage when the top it off.

-
  • CARGO AREA ENCLOSURE - FIXED LID, 4-DOOR Part No VM2DZ-78115A00-C $569.00
  • VM2DZ-78115A00-D - Cargo Area Enclosure,Deluxe Raised Lid, 4DR by Tuffy $639

Reactions: TexasBroncoDude

Bonnie6G

Rank V

Supporter II

Jan 19, 2021
Denver
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Lesniak
Member #

Looks great! Glad to see the speaker area wouldn’t be covered up. This is something I want to do as well. What does it look like under the lid? Is there still access to the power port, hard top connection fluid hose point, etc?

Reactions: Rgwinn