canceled order questions

apeman
May 30, 2022

Rank 0

May 30, 2022

I cancelled my order and got my deposit back from the dealer. Looks like they didn't cancel the order because I never got my deposit back from Ford and it still shows I have an order under my name. What happens when this Bronco comes into the dealership? They can't sell it to anyone else? I would have to buy it and resell it or what? The dealer would have to sell it as used since it would be new to me but used to somebody else?
Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2022

🐎Moab bound🐎

May 30, 2022

I cancelled my order and got my deposit back from the dealer. Looks like they didn't cancel the order because I never got my deposit back from Ford and it still shows I have an order under my name. What happens when this Bronco comes into the dealership? They can't sell it to anyone else? I would have to buy it and resell it or what? The dealer would have to sell it as used since it would be new to me but used to somebody else?
My understanding is that the customer orders through the dealer and the dealer places the order through Ford. And even if the original ordered cancel their order with the dealer, that doesn't cancel the order submitted to Ford by that dealer. Your dealer will put your Bronco on the lot when they receive it. And, Ford will email you updates. A girl on Facebook was saying her husband ordered one real early and was very excited about his build. He passed away before it was built. She cancelled the order with the dealer. Then got notified 6 months later when it was delivered to the dealership. She ended up buying it for her and her sons.
Hi y'all, Lauri here and I am the proud owner of a MY21 Badlands, SAS, 2.7 auto, 4 door, soft top, Cactus Gray, no reservation, ordered 9/11/21, Took delivery 1/8/22!
Bronco1984, glamosaurus

Rank 0

May 30, 2022

If they don't cancel it then I lose my $100.

So a customer order becomes dealer stock????

When the Going Gets Tough, The Tough Get a Bronco!

May 31, 2022

Call Ford Customer Service number and you will be connected to the Ford Bronco team. They may be able to cancel your reservation and refund the $100. However, on any order, you don't own the auto until you sign the dotted line on a cash sale or finance deal. The dealership has the prerogative to keep the order and put it on their lot upon delivery.
'23 4D Widltrak, Velocity Blue, 2.7L, High PKG, MIC Hardtop, Tow, Mod bumper, HOSS 3.0
10/23/2020 Res, Built 12/07/2022, Shipped 01/03/2023, Delivered 01/17/2023
Love'n the New Ride and the Bronco Nation Community!
Darrel

Moab or bust!!!

May 31, 2022

The deposit never goes to Ford. The dealership gets and keeps the deposit so they are the ones that need to do the refund.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
EvlNvrDys, Bschurr

Rank V

May 31, 2022

Post that you have a Bronco with specs and location in these forums. I'm sure you'll get more than a few interested parties--you could probably flip it for a profit. You're dealing with an unknown party, of course, so you have to proceed very carefully and legally, with payment, title transfer, and all that. For example: don't sign a title over until the buyer's BANK CHECK has cleared, as even bank checks can be fraudulent. Buyer--and SELLER--beware!
Darrel

Rank VI

May 31, 2022

As stated by someone else, the deposit is with the dealer, not Ford. Ford does not cancel orders either, the dealer does. So, if you cancel the order it has nothing to do with whether the dealer cancels the order. You get your deposit back from the dealer and the dealer can hold that order and then sell it when it comes in. I cancelled an order and have first-hand experience in how it works.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Deano Bronc

Road trip!!!

May 31, 2022

You got your refund from the dealership, that was your deposit. The dealership kept your order open so they have a bronco to sell off the lot. You will continue to get email updates until it is delivered to the dealership.

I had a falling out with my dealership over a price guarantee and had the same thing happen to me. I was guaranteed MSRP via text messages and in person with my salesman before my reservation was converted to an order. After the reservation was converted to an order, their tune changed to “the price will be based on market value when it comes in”.

I cancelled the order, they refunded my $100 and kept the order open. I continued getting email updates on the bronco and was tracking it.

When I knew it was on the truck headed to the dealership, I posted a super bad Google review for the dealership. It included the salesman name, sales managers name and I included 3 screen shots of text messages from the salesman showing where they guaranteed me MSRP.

Within a hour of posting the review, the salesman called and told me the bronco I ordered was on a truck headed to the dealership and that the sales manager said I could have it at MSRP.

I purchased the bronco at MSRP and was asked if I would edit my review.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
BostonBadlands, Griffinftw

Rank 0

May 31, 2022

The deposit never goes to Ford. The dealership gets and keeps the deposit so they are the ones that need to do the refund.
BS. I paid two deposits. $100 to Ford when I created a reservation. Then 500 to the dealer.

So when the Bronco comes in the dealer still has to offer it to me first? and then when I turn it down they can make it dealer stock?

Road trip!!!

May 31, 2022

BS. I paid two deposits. $100 to Ford when I created a reservation. Then 500 to the dealer.

So when the Bronco comes in the dealer still has to offer it to me first? and then when I turn it down they can make it dealer stock?
Ford did not hang onto the $100 when you reserved your bronco. They sent the $100 to the dealership. If you put down an additional $500, then the dealership had $600 of your money. Not sure how much they refunded you.

Did you sign a document when you cancelled your order?

I would contact your dealership and tell them they still have your deposit and you would like your bronco.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
AcesandEights, Darrel

Rank VI

May 31, 2022

The dealership will sell it. Your deposit to Ford went to your dealership. Contact them and tell them you didn’t get it.

Gotta just go for it

May 31, 2022

Ford did not hang onto the $100 when you reserved your bronco. They sent the $100 to the dealership. If you put down an additional $500, then the dealership had $600 of your money. Not sure how much they refunded you.

Did you sign a document when you cancelled your order?

I would contact your dealership and tell them they still have your deposit and you would like your bronco.
This was not the case for me, but that was for the reservation fee, I paid the $100 to reserve and canceled the reservation, never made an order and Ford refunded my deposit. I never dealt with a dealer.
PhoenixTheBronco OBX, Leather, SAS, High. Blend 8/15, Online 8/26, Built ???, Shipped 11/2, Picked up 11/18