Cactus Gray changed in the Ford build configurator

Areeves
Feb 10, 2021

Rank II

Feb 10, 2021

I saw an article today the Ford updated the build configurator to better reflect the Cactus Gray color. It seems more of a putty gray in the configurator. No blue or green hue. This is the color I chose for my build but now unsure. Any better pictures? I attached the article for reference.

Ford Bronco Color Cactus Gray Has Been Changed In Configurator (msn.com)
Commodore, dvazana
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2021

Rank III

Feb 10, 2021

Thank you for sharing. It definitely looks different on the B&P tool. I wonder what it looks like in reality?! This is the color I chose as well, and now I'm back on the fence with this and A51.
Commodore

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Feb 10, 2021

Thank you for sharing. It definitely looks different on the B&P tool. I wonder what it looks like in reality?! This is the color I chose as well, and now I'm back on the fence with this and A51.

There should be some 2021 Rangers and Bronco Sports at a dealership near you to go check out . These are definitely the two colors that one should actually see on a vehicle before ordering .
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
Commodore, Pakrat

Rank II

Feb 10, 2021

There should be some 2021 Rangers and Bronco Sports at a dealership near you to go check out . These are definitely the two colors that one should actually see on a vehicle before ordering .
I will do that. Thank you!
Commodore, dvazana

Rank VI

Feb 10, 2021

There are also several posted here on BN and 6G.
Raptor w/ lux package, orange belts. Code Orange.
BN #306
Commodore

Rank I

Feb 19, 2021

Yea my first pick was Cactus Grey until I looked at a Bronco Sport then I was stuck on Area 51 along with everyone else finally decided on Velocity Blue OBX but still waiting on some good pictures of the Navy Pier cloth for final call I’ll be a 2022 MY so who knows what can or will change
Commodore

Rank 0

Feb 21, 2021

I was on the fence between 51 and cactus- went to a dealer and saw a sport in cactus. It is SO unexciting more or less just dull grey. I still have not seen a 51 but hoping to before final order submitted!

Attachments

12/10/21-Black Diamond/Sas/2.7/Area51/Retro/Rigid D-XLpro a-pillar/black beauty's/Bronco Gatorback flaps/etc...
Commodore

Rank V

Feb 21, 2021

The cactus gray looks great in person. Pictures don’t do it justice. Area 51 is awesome too.

Attachments

Ry4n, Gutter Clown

Rank III

Feb 22, 2021

Honestly I still don't think it's very accurate in the B&P - I've seen it in person twice on a Sport and a Ranger both inside and outside in sun/clouds and the color is really beautiful to me. I love that it does look different in different environments. While not as Green/Blue as original rendering I still think it's a great unique color that will really stand out!
Shadowblade, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Feb 22, 2021

Bright sunshine = mostly gray
Overcast/after sunset = gray with hints of sage/cactus color

Really like how much the lighting conditions change this color.
4DR BL-Cactus Gray - Sas - 2.7 - 10 Spd - Lux - Soft Top
Res 7/14 - Ord 1/20 - VIN 8/26 - Sticker 10/12 - Blend 10/18
Shadowblade, JeR2D2

Rank V

Feb 22, 2021

There's been a handful of posts on here trying to figure out this color, and several folks have posted pics, but it looks like a different color in every picture I've seen. I got a color sample book from my dealer to look at in various lighting conditions, and it helps, but I still haven't been able to see it on a vehicle in person. Definitely a few tough colors that have been debated on these Broncos! Here's one with pics to confuse you more!

https://community.thebronconation.com/forums/threads/cactus-gray-change-on-b-p.3275/
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow

Rank V

Feb 22, 2021

20210222_155700.jpg
20210222_155812.jpg
Still pics don't really show what it is in person...
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
Gutter Clown, Shadowblade

Rank 0

Feb 24, 2021

Many Ford dealers now have the smaller Bronco Sport models in stock which comes in Cactus Gray. As someone who has been working with many customers to place their orders, it has been helpful to have reservation holders come in to see what it looks like on a vehicle in person. I would recommend reaching out to the dealer your reservation/order is with and asking if they have one in stock that they can show you. If they do not, you can search online to see if any dealers in your area have a Bronco Sport in Cactus Gray that you can go look at.
See attached photos for iPhone images of one in the shade and in the sun. I hope this is helpful! Cactus Gray shade.jpgCactus Gray Sun.jpg

Rank V

Feb 24, 2021

Many Ford dealers now have the smaller Bronco Sport models in stock which comes in Cactus Gray. As someone who has been working with many customers to place their orders, it has been helpful to have reservation holders come in to see what it looks like on a vehicle in person. I would recommend reaching out to the dealer your reservation/order is with and asking if they have one in stock that they can show you. If they do not you can search online to see if any dealers in your area have a vehicle in Cactus Gray that you can go look at.
See attached photos for iPhone images of one in the shade and in the sun. I hope this is helpful. View attachment 9386View attachment 9387
Good pictures. Those are pretty representative of what they look like in person, at least to me. I'd say that at dusk they do take on the more sage or greenish tones but overall the second pic is very representative of what it looks like in person.
4DR BL-Cactus Gray - Sas - 2.7 - 10 Spd - Lux - Soft Top
Res 7/14 - Ord 1/20 - VIN 8/26 - Sticker 10/12 - Blend 10/18
Shadowblade, KennyMac

Rank V

Feb 24, 2021

Here is a pic I took of a Sport in between gray and white cars. It helped me differentiate the color tones of Cactus Gray even though it was a cloudy day.

Bronco Sport Cactus Gray.jpg
Gutter Clown, Commodore

Rank 0

Feb 27, 2021

So the color is the only thing I’m struggling with in my order. What got me hooked was the initial promo Pics of a really cool blue. I added the pic that I am talking about that is STILL on the bronco website. Thing is, this blue is not available. I ended up completing my order yesterday for cactus grey. I was torn with CG vs Area 51 but I really wanted this first blue which is awesome.

Attachments

Gutter Clown, Stereo

Rank V

Feb 27, 2021

So the color is the only thing I’m struggling with in my order. What got me hooked was the initial promo Pics of a really cool blue. I added the pic that I am talking about that is STILL on the bronco website. Thing is, this blue is not available. I ended up completing my order yesterday for cactus grey. I was torn with CG vs Area 51 but I really wanted this first blue which is awesome.

I always thought that blue model on the website you referenced was A51.However I completely understand the struggle. I went with CG but it took 5 trips to the local Ford dealer to see the colors in different lighting conditions before I can make up my mind.

Rank VI

Feb 27, 2021

I too took many trips and to almost every dealer in my state at the rate I was going. Literally drove around for 2 days going dealer to dealer and looking. Lightning Blue, Cactus Grey, Area 51, Velocity Blue, Cyber Orange... it was a struggle, and the Cactus Grey was always changing colored sun, rain, cloudy... I even dragged the family and friends into it...

In the end I don’t think you can go wrong, but I went Area 51.
Bronco Nation Member #2396
Ordered: First Edition w/Area 51, Onyx Interior, MIC Top
If you're not in a Ford Bronco, you better be on horseback.
Stereo

Rank III

Feb 27, 2021

I actually think that WAS a CG vehicle but it’s a heavily edited photo, say this because even the cyber orange looks different and I’ve seen other photos of the same car looking cactus gray

Attachments

Gutter Clown

Rank VI

Feb 27, 2021

Yeah I thought this was Cyber Orange and Area 51, but I think the photo editing really changed the look of these colors. I mean they probably are that in name, but the rendering just doesn't match what I've seen in the "wild". I really hope mine comes out like the one on the right.
1614456360077.png
I've watched these videos so many times I know the timing and everything...

The Cactus Grey just looks awesome!
Bronco Nation Member #2396
Ordered: First Edition w/Area 51, Onyx Interior, MIC Top
If you're not in a Ford Bronco, you better be on horseback.
JEM23