Build Week 9/26/22.

Kstiff
Aug 23, 2022

Rank V

Aug 23, 2022

This is my 3rd date! Wonder if it will stick this time. Can't push me much further and still get a 22. Looks like they canceled last two weeks in October for scheduled production. Probably because everybody is getting pushed!
CBWAR1, Gunninja1
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2022

Gladesmen

Aug 23, 2022

This is my 3rd date! Wonder if it will stick this time. Can't push me much further and still get a 22. Looks like they canceled last two weeks in October for scheduled production. Probably because everybody is getting pushed!
Wow 9/26 that is the one day nothing ever happened in history, I know it’s my birthday this time around will be my 50th trip around. I figure I’ll get pushed to that date at least and get my Bronco For my Wife’s Birthday in November so she will claim it as hers, of course. :)
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Howdy

Rank XII

Aug 23, 2022

pushed to 9/26 from 9/19/22, still smiling, refuse to fret or be disappointed. This 9/2/2020 reservation will pay-off sometime. :)
CBWAR1, FISH HUNTER

Rank V

Aug 23, 2022

So if your build date gets moved back beyond a certain date into October, does that mean the model year is over, and you'll have to create a new reservation, and get thrown back into the pile of reservations to maybe be selected at some later date ?
2Dr Badlands, manual, 322A, Iconic Silver, baby seal leather seat covers, reserved 2-24-22, stickered/blend date 9/30/22

Rank V

Aug 23, 2022

I have always been told, if you have a VIN, you will get built. Of course, we have been told alot that isn't true.....
CBWAR1, BadlandsHotPepper22

Rank V

Aug 23, 2022

I have always be told, if you have a VIN, you will get built. Of course, we have been told alot that isn't true.....

But when your vehicle has been scheduled for a build date, does that mean you have a VIN ? I'd imagine until they actually begin the assembly line build you don't have a number.

I've been given a production date of 9/19/22. My dealer said I could potentially change color still as of last Friday. That would tell me I don't have an official VIN as paint color is baked in to that number I thought.

I just have this nagging, just my luck feeling if it doesn't get built before the end of 22MY production in October, it's then a waiting game again ?

Just for my sanity, when is production slated to begin for the MY23 units ?
2Dr Badlands, manual, 322A, Iconic Silver, baby seal leather seat covers, reserved 2-24-22, stickered/blend date 9/30/22

Burrito Connoisseur

Aug 23, 2022

I have always be told, if you have a VIN, you will get built. Of course, we have been told alot that isn't true.....
Yeah this is (almost always) true.

Not bullet proof though. There have been situations where your vehicle gets damaged in transit, or during the assembly process they encounter a major QC issue that results in them scrapping the vehicle.

But lets not think about those things. ;)

But when your vehicle has been scheduled for a build date, does that mean you have a VIN ? I'd imagine until they actually begin the assembly line build you don't have a number.
Yes, if you have been scheduled you have a VIN. There are certain characteristics of the vehicle that are baked into the VIN number, but color is not one of them. For the Bronco specifically:
  • Whether it is 2 Door or 4 Door
  • Whether it has the ESOF (Part-time 4x4) transfer case or the EMTC (Advanced 4x4) transfer case.
  • Whether it has the 2.3L or 2.7L
  • Model year
Not a huge impact for the Bronco (or most of Ford's vehicles). But the F-150s customers in particular have a real hard time changing their order once they've been scheduled. The assembly plant is baked into the VIN, and F-150 production is split across multiple assembly plants with certain configurations built at certain plants.

Of course right now with components being as constrained as they are, I'm sure it'll be hard to change your order regardless. It'll probably be limited to dealer-installed options and some of the miscellaneous add-ons (like bags for your doors).
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
Deano Bronc, MarkPS

Rank V

Aug 23, 2022

Not bullet proof though. There have been situations where your vehicle gets damaged in transit, or during the assembly process they encounter a major QC issue that results in them scrapping the vehicle.

But lets not think about those things. ;)

Yes, if you have been scheduled you have a VIN. There are certain characteristics of the vehicle that are baked into the VIN number, but color is not one of them. For the Bronco specifically:
  • Whether it is 2 Door or 4 Door
  • Whether it has the ESOF (Part-time 4x4) transfer case or the EMTC (Advanced 4x4) transfer case.
  • Whether it has the 2.3L or 2.7L
  • Model year
Not a huge impact for the Bronco (or most of Ford's vehicles). But the F-150s customers in particular have a real hard time changing their order once they've been scheduled. The assembly plant is baked into the VIN, and F-150 production is split across multiple assembly plants with certain configurations built at certain plants.

Of course right now with components being as constrained as they are, I'm sure it'll be hard to change your order regardless. It'll probably be limited to dealer-installed options and some of the miscellaneous add-ons (like bags for your doors).

Yep, I tried to add the extra door bags, and the dealer said no bueno. Do not rock the boat !! That kind of thing could trigger your order to be scrapped. Paint wasn't an issue he said. They attempt to update your paint selection, and the system either takes the revision or it doesn't. I stayed with my original color.
Deano Bronc

Rank III

Aug 23, 2022

I just found out today that my scheduled build date is 9/26 !!!! I know it's not thursday, but my dealer said;) I'm guessing it will be delayed like everyone else, but I am excited. Reservation August 2020. Ordered January 2021. Converted again on October 2021.

2door Manual badlands, non squatched ( trying to save some money, but really wanted the sway bar disconnect) in the Hot Pepper Red with tow package.

After 2 years, it's hard to believe this is real. I was honestly thinking I wasn't going to get this car.
CBWAR1, Deano Bronc

Burrito Connoisseur

Aug 23, 2022

I just found out today that my scheduled build date is 9/26 !!!! I know it's not thursday, but my dealer said;) I'm guessing it will be delayed like everyone else, but I am excited. Reservation August 2020. Ordered January 2021. Converted again on October 2021.

2door Manual badlands, non squatched ( trying to save some money, but really wanted the sway bar disconnect) in the Hot Pepper Red with tow package.

After 2 years, it's hard to believe this is real. I was honestly thinking I wasn't going to get this car.
Congrats!!

Fear not... for the manual transmission, non-Sasquatched Badlands is the only real option. Ford screwed up the Sasquatch package pricing for the manual transmission so you picked correctly. I'm hoping that's one of the things they correct in 2023, because it makes no sense. But for now, you picked correctly. (Info here. Info with extra salt here.)
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
CBWAR1, Deano Bronc

Rank III

Aug 23, 2022

Congrats!!

Fear not... for the manual transmission, non-Sasquatched Badlands is the only real option. Ford screwed up the Sasquatch package pricing for the manual transmission so you picked correctly. I'm hoping that's one of the things they correct in 2023, because it makes no sense. But for now, you picked correctly. (Info here. Info with extra salt here.)
when compared to the model below ( outter banks) it was cheaper to get the Badlands than the outer banks and I get the swaybar disconnect? yea, no brainer. I was getting very nervous about it because getting a true manual transmission is like finding the the real Sasquatch.
Jakob1972

Gladesmen

Aug 23, 2022

I certainly hope so. if I get bumped to MY23 I lose the Desert Sand. That is the main reason I switched to the Everglades. I picked the wrong week to quite drinking.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
CBWAR1, radar3d

Rank V

Aug 23, 2022

I certainly hope so. if I get bumped to MY23 I lose the Desert Sand. That is the main reason I switched to the Everglades. I picked the wrong week to quite drinking.

Uhhh... every week is the wrong week to quit drinking my friend.
radar3d, Kstiff

Rank V

Aug 24, 2022

C

I've been given a production date of 9/19/22. My dealer said I could potentially change color still as of last Friday. That would tell me I don't have an official VIN as paint color is baked in to that number I thought.

I just have this nagging, just my luck feeling if it doesn't get built before the end of 22MY production in October, it's then a waiting game again ?

Just for my sanity, when is production slated to begin for the MY23 units ?
Check with your dealer. If you have a 9/19 build date you likely have a VIN. He just has to look for you.
CBWAR1, MarkPS

Rank III

Aug 26, 2022

Yep, I tried to add the extra door bags, and the dealer said no bueno. Do not rock the boat !! That kind of thing could trigger your order to be scrapped. Paint wasn't an issue he said. They attempt to update your paint selection, and the system either takes the revision or it doesn't. I stayed with my original color.
I added sasquatch on friday after i got my vin thursday and my build date last week for the 26th. It took. I would think throwing in door bags would work…. I mean they arent actually a change….
CBWAR1

Rank V

Aug 30, 2022

Got the email from Ford verifying my 9/26 build week. Dealer will not let me try to add tow back. Says it will prevent my build!

Inmate #19359

Aug 30, 2022

I was thinking of re-adding the tow package back, since it didn’t seem to help speed anything up, but afraid to rock the boat.
2023 Bronco,Black Diamond 🏴‍☠️ Velocity Blue 🟦, 4Door, SAS, MIC, Mid, 2.7m, Orig Order: 9/10/21 Blend Date: 11/30/22. Built: 12/02, Shipped 12/4, Arrived at dealer on 12/23, Took possession on 12/30/22!!! 476 Days after ordering.
Goodyear, AZ 🌵🔆
timhood

Rank V

Aug 30, 2022

I was thinking of re-adding the tow package back, since it didn’t seem to help speed anything up, but afraid to rock the boat.

9/19 build date as of a week ago. My dealer said "do not rock the boat".....
BroncoFred

Rank V

Aug 30, 2022

I added sasquatch on friday after i got my vin thursday and my build date last week for the 26th. It took. I would think throwing in door bags would work…. I mean they arent actually a change….
I thought you couldn't make changes once you got your VIN but Glad you got your date
2023 Wildtrak | 4 Door |Eruption Green | Lux | MIC | Tow | 12-03-2021 | FORD Ultimatum 1/20/23

Rank V

Aug 30, 2022

I thought you couldn't make changes once you got your VIN but Glad you got your date

I’d have thought that kind of change would kick you out.