Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler

jamtra
Nov 27, 2021

Rank VI

Nov 27, 2021

Just read this article. I can't wait to get mine! I had rented a Jeep last year and I did car for the steering either. Constantly floating all over the road.

https://www.caranddriver.com/review...-2021-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-sport-compared/
Wildtrak, hot pepper red, mic, Lux, tow...Totally worth it!!
Speed Devil, BroncoFred
Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2021

Moab or bust!!!

Nov 27, 2021

Just read this article. I can't wait to get mine! I had rented a Jeep last year and I did car for the steering either. Constantly floating all over the road.

https://www.caranddriver.com/review...-2021-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-sport-compared/
Exactly, I just rented a Jeep with about 30,000 miles and I was constantly having to correct it going down the road. It took some time to get used to it.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
BroncoFred, Speed Devil

Rank V

Nov 27, 2021

Wow, they really complain about the Jeep's poor ride, interior, noise, and especially handling.
Speed Devil

Rank VI

Nov 27, 2021

When I talk about my 80 CJ-7, it’s not about how insanely terrible it is at 60 mph, it’s how I’ve only been stuck once . But, I had water up to my chest in the driver’s seat. You drive a jeep. You’re not going to take a nap.
Big Ragu, AcesandEights

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Nov 27, 2021

It's funny how completely opposite this is from motor trends review

Rank VI

Nov 27, 2021

It's funny how completely opposite this is from motor trends review
Yes. Have to take both reviews with a grain of salt. Funny the motortrend biggest grip was the bronco tires.

Rank V

Nov 27, 2021

I laughed at the Motor Trend article because it was either just written lazily, or it was slanted towards the Jeep.
Saying this right away turned me off, because that isn't the reality of the process for the Jeep.
, the process takes longer and requires more steps than simply pulling the Jeep's transfer case shifter into gear and hitting the nearby locker and sway buttons.
Every driving experience I've had or seen with the Jeep, getting the transfer case to shift isn't just as simple as doing it, nor are getting the lockers engaged.
I found the Car And Driver to be fairer and is likely more representative of what most people who buy these vehicles will experience. The majority of Bronco owners will not be going off-road that much. You get penalized for that more in a Wrangler than a Bronco.
That said, at least Motor Trend got one thing true at the start of the article.
We'll get to things like ride and handling and interior and all that, but we need to answer the most important question first: Which is the better off-roader?
Car And Driver didn't really attack that question very well. Personally, I would tend to say it depends on where you want to go. Narrow rocky areas, an appropriately outfit Wranger will handle that with less rubbing. You can only match the view you get in a Wrangler by using the camera technology of the Bronco, but that only comes with specific packages. The Wrangler maintains that ability to see around the front and sides regardless of tech. But dirt roads, fire roads, sand, through the woods or even a rocky area with a spotter, I would give it to appropriately outfit Bronco.
2D Base Mansquatch: Ord 11-24-2021; VIN 3-16-2022; Schd 5/9/22; Sticker 5/4/22; Modules 5/10/22;Built 5/11/22;Shipt 5/12/22;Delv 5/24/22

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Nov 30, 2021

All I know is my friend is gonna get himself a Diesel, gonna be fun to see how the two compare irl
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics

Rank V

Nov 30, 2021

I've not bothered with Motor Trend since the early '80s. I find their writing to always be slanted in one way which seems to be towards the larger advertiser.
I find Car And Driver more even-handed, as well as Road and Track.
2D Base Mansquatch: Ord 11-24-2021; VIN 3-16-2022; Schd 5/9/22; Sticker 5/4/22; Modules 5/10/22;Built 5/11/22;Shipt 5/12/22;Delv 5/24/22
Speed Devil, BroncoFred

Rank VI

Nov 30, 2021

Speed Devil, BroncoFred

Rank IV

Nov 30, 2021

Thanks for posting. I hope they do a follow-up with a True Bronco, the 2-door!
Bronco 202?

Rank V

Dec 01, 2021

Lows: ...waves from other Jeepers.

Dang. Author needs to let that hate go.
2021 Ford Bronco | Wildtrak | 2.7L V6 + 10-speed | 4-Door | Cyber Orange
Hardtop | Towing | Tube Step | Modular Front Bumper | Lux | Digital A/C Knobs