Lifetime drivetrain warranty?

Username
Jul 22, 2020

Rank II

Jul 22, 2020

What's everyone's opinion on the lifetime drivetrain warranty? Is it worth buying from a dealer that offers this? I think it adds a nice assurance if you are the drive until it dies type.
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2020

Rank VI

Jul 22, 2020

I'm a little hesitant on a life time warranty on something that was made to be wheeled. The tracking capabilities of Ford are rivaling the NSA...… and I'm sure they can come up with a way to void that warranty. The computer shows that you exceeding the recommended RPMs while you were stuck on 5/12/2021 at the following GPS coordinates. I would not expect Ford to be like Autozone where you just bring in the broken part and get a new one.

Talk to the mark 3 Focus owners who are on their second or third clutch replacement on the DCT transmissions..... and the main issue not being corrected...… As Ford buys their time just waiting for the 120,000 mile warranty to run out on the crappy transmissions.

The next time I get the ROBO call informing me that the extended warranty on my 25 year Bronco is about to expire..... I will get the number for you.