Ordering for hearing impaired?

Cheeselog
Mar 05, 2021

Rank V

Mar 05, 2021

I put down my $100 and reserved my Bronco last year. Now it's time to finalize my order. The only problem is I have an auditory processing disorder. I hear fine, but my brain doesn't translate the sounds I hear into words. I communicate great via text and email though.
My dealership keeps calling me, but I can't talk to them on the phone due to my disability. I've tried using online chats, but they just tell me to call the dealership to talk to someone. I can't find anyone at my dealership that will just send me a damned email so we can talk about finalizing the order.
What are my options? I don't want to lose my place in line by swapping dealerships, but this dealership won't communicate with me! I don't know what to do.
Manual BD 2 door, tow, roof rails, standard package. Reserve #1031xxx 7/20/20, ordered 3/6/21, reordered 11/16/21. Got the golden email 3/3/22, build scheduled week of 3/21/22.
NVSUR
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 05, 2021

Rank V

Mar 05, 2021

I put down my $100 and reserved my Bronco last year. Now it's time to finalize my order. The only problem is I have an auditory processing disorder. I hear fine, but my brain doesn't translate the sounds I hear into words. I communicate great via text and email though.
My dealership keeps calling me, but I can't talk to them on the phone due to my disability. I've tried using online chats, but they just tell me to call the dealership to talk to someone. I can't find anyone at my dealership that will just send me a damned email so we can talk about finalizing the order.
What are my options? I don't want to lose my place in line by swapping dealerships, but this dealership won't communicate with me! I don't know what to do.
Is your dealer local? If so, take your build in and explain to them...
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery
Mickey21, NVSUR

Moab or bust!!!

Mar 05, 2021

Can you have a friend go with you to the dealership or make the call for you? Even swapping dealerships is going to be tough if you can't talk to Customer Service over the phone.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
NVSUR

Libations MOD

Mar 05, 2021

I'd print off your build and take it in and maybe bring someone with you that can help
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
NVSUR, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Mar 05, 2021

As recommended above, go to your dealership ASAP.

Ultimately, you may need a long-term solution since converting the reservation to order is just the first step. Forgive me if this suggestion has already been tried, but here goes.
  • If your primary care doctor will give you a consult to an Occupational Therapist at your local hospital, go there and talk about your options. It is not uncommon for individuals to struggle as you do. As you already know, amplifying the sound is not the answer. Technology to convert audio to text can be the preferred option for some. The Occupational Therapist is the person who may be able to match the solution to your condition. If you use the VA Medical System, the equipment should be readily available. If not, most insurance companies should cover what you need.
Hope this helps.
KennyMac, NVSUR

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Mar 06, 2021

Also remember that you will not lose your place in line if you switch dealers. You keep the time stamp of your reservation.
I got my order placed with just a pdf printout of my build and a few emails to my dealer. I didn't talk to them once on the phone. Your dealer should be able to accommodate you without a phone call.
NVSUR, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Mar 06, 2021

I was born with hearing impaired, I do use hearing aids. My result are 50% both left and right. I live near DC and I've been to gallaudet university.
I don't think the dealer of your choice is cooperate for people with certain disability. My suggestion is to find a different dealer or a sales rep who's willing to support your request.

Here are some options that are available for to help communicate over the phone. You can look into a TTY device its like phone with a caption. IPhone newest OS has a TTY built into the software. If you are an android user you can download an app. Its not the best, but will get the job done for you.

Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sprint.trs
Iphone:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207033
Hope this help and good luck
KennyMac, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Mar 06, 2021

Forgive my ignorance as I don't know if you're speech is impaired as well. There are some mobile phone Apps and landline devices that claim to offer voice to text for who you are speaking with as well as text to computer generated voice for you. I agree with prior advice on built-in mobile phone features and professional advice that saves you from too much trial and error. For what it's worth I found a few examples that at least give you an idea of what is possible for both face-to-face and over the phone:

Click on any of the following for details
1. A quick Youtube video comparing a few Apps with a preference for an App called "Ava" (Youtube offers Subtitles and CC if needed)
2. Android Play Store for Ava
3. An Android Play Store App called Talk4Me that claims to offer both voice to text and text to voice.
KennyMac, Deano Bronc