Bronco Sport Build

allan
Jul 23, 2020

Rank V

Jul 23, 2020

Who else has customized their Bronco Sport? I really like all the details Ford included as options for this vehicle. Outer Banks feels like the package for me. https://community.thebronconation.com/customizing-the-2021-bronco-sport/
TXArchitect, Deano Bronc
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2020

Rank 0

Jul 24, 2020

I went for the Outer Banks trim line too. Definitely offered the best balance of price and power with the comfort I wanted. I ordered in Alto Blue which the dealer said is Late Availability... I just hope it’s not too delayed. I mean it’s just a paint color!
Commodore, TXArchitect

Rank V

Jul 24, 2020

I went for the Outer Banks trim line too. Definitely offered the best balance of price and power with the comfort I wanted. I ordered in Alto Blue which the dealer said is Late Availability... I just hope it’s not too delayed. I mean it’s just a paint color!
Hopefully not too delayed! The balance of power and comfort is what impresses me the most too. Did you go for any of the tent options? Pretty cool idea, but I am wondering how practical it will be on a regular basis.
Commodore, TXArchitect

Rank 0

Jul 24, 2020

Hopefully not too delayed! The balance of power and comfort is what impresses me the most too. Did you go for any of the tent options? Pretty cool idea, but I am wondering how practical it will be on a regular basis.

I did not - I figure I can wait to get that from the Ford Accessories site once I have the vehicle. I've seen the same Sportz tent for the Escape and I'm not sure how I feel about it... so I need to give it some more thought.

Does anyone have any idea what they mean by "Leather-Trimmed" Seats in the Outer Banks? Because elsewhere in the build tool, it also states "6-way Power Leather Seats" and both are on my confirmation... do these seats have partial cloth?? Are they all-leather?? Wish I knew for sure because I'm out if the headrests are cloth. The cloth they use on the Escape grabs at the hair on my head and pulls... no fun at all.
Commodore, TXArchitect

Rank III

Jul 24, 2020

Why are the steel looking wheels an extra charge?
Commodore, TXArchitect

Rank 0

Jul 24, 2020

Why are the steel looking wheels an extra charge?

Oh, I didn't even notice that - the Outer Banks comes with 17" alloy... I don't think Steel is even an option with that trim.
Commodore, TXArchitect

Rank III

Jul 24, 2020

Oh, I didn't even notice that - the Outer Banks comes with 17" alloy... I don't think Steel is even an option with that trim.
They are $300 more than the standard but include the 235 tires whereas the standard wheels come with the 225 tires and the 235 tires are $495 more. Also no blind spot monitoring?
Commodore, TXArchitect

Rank 0

Jul 25, 2020

They are $300 more than the standard but include the 235 tires whereas the standard wheels come with the 225 tires and the 235 tires are $495 more. Also no blind spot monitoring?

Outer Banks has BLIS. More if you add Co Pilot 2.0
TXArchitect, Commodore

Rank II

Jul 27, 2020

I snagged a FE reservation, hoping it has everything I need. The only thing I added was the cargo management system.
Commodore, TXArchitect

Rank II

Aug 01, 2020

I got a badlands with the badlands package. I can't wait
Commodore, TXArchitect

Rank V

Sep 10, 2020

If I don't get a good, reasonable offer from my Ford dealer for the Bronco Base 2-door V-6 sasquatch, I will then order a Bronco Sport BadLands. I just have to have the extra power of the 2.0. I plan on some Moab touring, lol. Sorry folks just Jammin to Aldo Nova, FANTASY!!! Really after seeing this little GUY in Moab climb, then seeing the Jeep 4-door take like ten times to climb.......no Brainer. ( I know it could be tires, driver, etc) This is a Rav-4, Subie, and CR-V bashing Monster.
Baja on! As Ford Spanked the competition in 1969, in the Baja 1000, NO OTHER AUTOMAKER HAS, replicated in 50 plus years
Commodore, TXArchitect

Rank V

Sep 10, 2020

I did not - I figure I can wait to get that from the Ford Accessories site once I have the vehicle. I've seen the same Sportz tent for the Escape and I'm not sure how I feel about it... so I need to give it some more thought.

Does anyone have any idea what they mean by "Leather-Trimmed" Seats in the Outer Banks? Because elsewhere in the build tool, it also states "6-way Power Leather Seats" and both are on my confirmation... do these seats have partial cloth?? Are they all-leather?? Wish I knew for sure because I'm out if the headrests are cloth. The cloth they use on the Escape grabs at the hair on my head and pulls... no fun at all.
Leather trimmed means the seating surface and the seat back are leather (and possibly the bolsters), all other sections are vinyl. I think the headrest is also vinyl, definitely not cloth.
Commodore, TXArchitect

Rank II

Sep 10, 2020

Man I haven't heard a peep from my Ford dealer other than the factory receiving my order. I plan on possibly sleeping in the back with some mosquito netting covering the lift gate when i go camping. I cant even begin to describe how excited I am.
Commodore, tlowell01

Rank II

Sep 11, 2020

Outer Banks has BLIS. More if you add Co Pilot 2.0

I ordered the Badlands and did not upgrade the wheels for one reason: I want to add my own bad-ass looking wheels. I'm hoping for a dealer lift kit option and then I'll add the biggest tires / wheels that will work (safely) w/o destroying the suspension. My biggest problem with the Sport is that it needs some kind of "upgrade" to look meaner and I figure bigger tires might do the trick.

For example.....

fuel-zephyr-beadlock-d101-matte-black-matte-black-ring_1.jpg
Commodore, BroncoMax

Rank VI

Sep 16, 2020

Ford-BS-FE.JPG
I went with the one that will take the longest to be fulfilled. First Edition in Cyber Orange (avatar image). There are so many vague descriptions of what comes standard but so long as it comes with at least what BL + BL has then I am good. Hope that blue interior is better than my perception is on blue leather seats.
TXArchitect - 1719
[O=BRONCO=O]
Commodore, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Sep 17, 2020

I ordered the Badlands and did not upgrade the wheels for one reason: I want to add my own bad-ass looking wheels. I'm hoping for a dealer lift kit option and then I'll add the biggest tires / wheels that will work (safely) w/o destroying the suspension. My biggest problem with the Sport is that it needs some kind of "upgrade" to look meaner and I figure bigger tires might do the trick.

For example.....

View attachment 3133
BadA@@!!!!! Do they make those to fit a Bronco Sport? Fuel, brand? Way MEAN!
Baja on! As Ford Spanked the competition in 1969, in the Baja 1000, NO OTHER AUTOMAKER HAS, replicated in 50 plus years
Commodore, TXArchitect

Rank VI

Sep 17, 2020

I have a relative that manages a 4WheelParts store. I'll see what comes down the pipe in terms of lifts, wheels and tires as soon as information is available and share it in the Forums.
TXArchitect - 1719
[O=BRONCO=O]
Commodore, CycloneCowboy

Rank V

Sep 18, 2020

Who else has customized their Bronco Sport? I really like all the details Ford included as options for this vehicle. Outer Banks feels like the package for me. https://community.thebronconation.com/customizing-the-2021-bronco-sport/
I know this is late, but, after seeing the Bronco Sport at Moab, ( reserved a Base Big Bronco) I could get a Badlands with most all options and still be cheaper than the Big brother. Which now has me wondering what to do. That Bronco Sport is a mean muther, seriously. I believe in lockers.
Commodore, TXArchitect

Rank VI

Sep 18, 2020

@BroncoMax I reserved both as well. At least with BS coming soon we can see how we like it and decide. Waiting for my Dealer to get their mannequins in December so I can jump in and test it out before signing off. If I do not like the BS and can cancel and keep the big brother when it arrives later next year.
TXArchitect - 1719
[O=BRONCO=O]
Commodore, Tannerjay87

Rank 0

Sep 22, 2020

I thought the best deal across the line would be the Sport Outer Banks. It seams to have the best package for the $. The only problem I see between the Sport and bigger brother is the Sport cannot remove the doors and top. Also, does the Sport come with a spare tire? It does not list it on the websites. SOB price: around $34,000. Bronco Big Bend with Sasquatch around $39,000.
Commodore, Deano Bronc