Bronco Reviews Are Coming In!

David
Jun 28, 2021

Rank VI

Jun 28, 2021

Another long awaited day has come. Bronco reviews from the mainstream media are coming in. Head over to the Latest News to see @Laura serving up summaries all day long. I'll be consolidating them here for us, the forum dwellers.

Bronco Nation | One Drive Is All It Takes
But taking it off road yourself will change the game, even for the most already-ardent order holder. If you think you love the vehicle now, just wait. Everything pales once you’re behind the wheel.

The Drive | A New Off-Road God Is Born
The Drive’s Kristen Lee takes a manual transmission 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands for a road test. Read her thoughts on this model, plus check out awesome shots of the Bronco. See what she thinks of road noise (plenty), her trust in the vehicle (lots), and her social media editor’s comparison to a Jeep Wrangler Sahara (entirely better).

Gear Patrol | The 2021 Ford Bronco Is the Jeep Wrangler’s Worst Nightmare
Gear Patrol’s Tyler Duffy took a 2-door 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands with the 2.3L engine through the hills of Texas. He was impressed. As to the G.O.A.T. modes? They take you through the terrain with capability to spare.

MotorTrend | 2021 Ford Bronco First Drive Review: The Long-Awaited 4×4 SUV Is Absolutely the Real Deal
MotorTrend’s Aaron Gold started out with the 2.3L EcoBoost engine and the 7-speed manual transmission. From the front-seat interior of the Bronco Black Diamond to the on-road capability, he believes it bests Jeep. His experience driving off road cemented the Bronco’s top-tier tech: These were trails lesser vehicles could not have done.

Autoblog | 2021 Ford Bronco First Drive Review | As great as you hoped
Autoblog’s Byron Hurd tested a manual 2021 Bronco Black Diamond, a 2-door Wildtrak, and a Sasquatched Base on the Texas Off-Roadeo trails. Verdict? Broncos are “an absolute weapon.”

CNET | 2021 Ford Bronco First Drive Review: Legit Jeep Killer
CNET’s Chris Paukert headed out on a “sports car road” with a 4-door 2021 Ford Bronco First Edition. He notes its better-than-the-competitor steering and truck-like feel of the 2.7L model on road.

Car and Driver | 2021 Ford Bronco Is as Refined as It Is Rugged
Car and Driver’s Dave Vanderwerp didn’t hold back in testing various Broncos. He calls them refined and “enjoyable to hustle” on road. Playing with them at Texas Off-Roadeo will likely “be a big hit with owners.”

Fox | First test: The Ford Bronco is back to battle Jeep
Fox’s Gary Gastelu finds the Bronco’s dashboard and legroom subpar to the Wrangler but prefers the Bronco’s steering. Read why he feels like it’s tough to choose between the brands.

Road & Track | The 2021 Ford Bronco Nails a Nearly Impossible Comeback
Road & Track’s DW Burnett was “cornered by perfect strangers” when taking the Bronco out. They likely were wishing they were the one driving the vehicle that turns “average Joes into off-road heroes” and is a “blast” on- and off-road.

Jalopnik | The 2021 Ford Bronco Is The Compromised Off-Road Beast You Dreamed It Would Be
Jalopnik’s David Tracy finds the 7-speed “solid and a major advantage.” He gives a thorough review on everything from the door removal vs. a Wrangler’s down to the gearing. David also named some dislikes: bulkiness at the pillars, and the 2.3L engine –– good but left him wanting more. This is helpful information proving some opinions depend on what vehicle you’re coming from prior to the Bronco. He also found the bread pudding to be good (the food at Off-Roadeo IS incredibly nice).

A Girls Guide to Cars | First Drive Review: Five Reasons To Be Wild About The 2021 Ford Bronco
A Girls Guide to Cars’ Kristin Shaw summarizes many of the benefits and unique features of the 2021 Ford, nicely phrased for those who are starting a vehicle search and want a Bronco overview.

Design News | Ford Bronco Employs Impressive Technology in its Bid to Buck Jeep from the 4×4 Throne
Design News’ Dan Carney covers some of the finer details of the 2021 Ford Bronco’s launch and history, including the Warn winch’s inclusion in crash testing and Ford’s ownership of the SUV term.

Men’s Journal | 2021 Ford Bronco: Ten Takeaways From the Long-Awaited Test Drive
Men’s Journal’s Jesse Will says that just minutes into his drive, it became clear to him that Ford made a “fully realized machine with driving dynamics” smoother than Jeep’s and plenty of upmarket tech.

The Detroit Bureau | First Drive: 2021 Ford Bronco
The Detroit Bureau’s Paul A. Eisenstein, in speaking of the Bronco off road, announces that he is “sure there’s a way to get it stuck,” but not one that he could find. He also covers what he thinks about the vehicle’s design, including the windshield.

Outside Magazine | An Ode to the New Ford Bronco
Outside Magazine’s Wes Siler centers his impression of the Bronco on the purposeful design right from the factory –– how it makes the vehicle perform and what it will do for owners. In his words, “to call it impressive would be an understatement.”

Four Wheeler | 2021 Ford Bronco First Drive
Four Wheeler’s Sean P. Holman enjoyed the Bronco, especially with the roof panels removed. He appreciates that much of the technology is optional, in that you can use it if you want or leave it untouched to tackle obstacles on your own. He also includes 135 photos for you to thumb through.

Bronco6G | First Drive Impressions Review of the 2021 Bronco
Bronco6G’s NickP says “there is something indescribable about how this thing drives that’s just awesome.” He also believes the Bronco is about a 25% improvement over the JL, which itself is much improved over the JK.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Yankdawg, D190065

Rank VI

Jun 28, 2021

]

D190065, TK1215

Rank VI

Jun 28, 2021

D190065, TK1215

Rank VI

Jun 28, 2021

D190065, TK1215

Rank VI

Jun 28, 2021

D190065, TK1215

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Jun 28, 2021

Only had a chance to read most of the 1st one.

Love how the stick's easy, don't mind shifting a lot, figured it wouldn't be a corner carver at all, but hey, could all be worse. So glad I never gave into temptation, I can definitely wait for it
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
TK1215, KennyMac

Rank VI

Jun 28, 2021

looking forward to another doug demuro (this time with an engine)
[O- 725 -O]
14U, Steve777468

Rank VI

Jun 28, 2021

looking forward to another doug demuro (this time with an engine)
Quirks and features, man.
TK1215, Steve777468

Rank VI

Jun 28, 2021

Only had a chance to read most of the 1st one.

Love how the stick's easy, don't mind shifting a lot, figured it wouldn't be a corner carver at all, but hey, could all be worse. So glad I never gave into temptation, I can definitely wait for it
Yeah, the Jalopnik guy was pretty gushing about the stick.
TK1215, Steve777468

Rank VI

Jun 28, 2021

Professor Blake dropping knowledge! Awesome job @TorgSurv

TK1215, jedmisten

Official unofficial BN Photographer

Jun 28, 2021

I'm really curious about the ride quality - one of the things I love about my '21 ZR2 Bison, is the shocks/suspension (DSSV Shocks look similar to the Bilsteins on the Bronco) - it's nice and soft/compliant and provides a great ride both on and off highway. I don't care about tow capabilities, so having a nice ride is far more important to me...
Reservation: 7/20/20 | MY '21 order: 2/1/21 | MY '22 order: 10/22/21 | Blend 8/5, built 8/8, 'built' status 8/27, in my driveway 10/12/22
Auto Photographer in Sacramento CA:
www.instagram.com/photographybymarkbrooks
TK1215

Jun 28, 2021

Yeah, the Jalopnik guy was pretty gushing about the stick.

Ill look at that next. Also, dont mind the reviews saying its thirsty, FINALLY getting 14avg on my truck, but thats also dealing with lots of traffic now that the Benny's invaded
c60e020324697d87995c5937880fbbb2.jpg
TK1215

Rank VI

Jun 28, 2021

I'm really curious about the ride quality - one of the things I love about my '21 ZR2 Bison, is the shocks/suspension (DSSV Shocks look similar to the Bilsteins on the Bronco) - it's nice and soft/compliant and provides a great ride both on and off highway. I don't care about tow capabilities, so having a nice ride is far more important to me...
The general impression that I'm getting from the reviewers would echo my experience with it. Off-road, the Bronco is decidedly next-gen in ride quality, on-road...weeeellll, it's still a truck. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
TK1215, PSUTE

Rank V

Jun 28, 2021

Who else is binge watching and reading reviews today? #obsessed #needtowork
4 dr Badlands, Black, MIC, Lux, 2.7L, Tow, Leather (2022, Scheduled 2/7/22) Built 3/22/22. Delivered 5/8/22

Lubbock, TX
TK1215, PSUTE

Rank V

Jun 28, 2021

The general impression that I'm getting from the reviewers would echo my experience with it. Off-road, the Bronco is decidedly next-gen in ride quality, on-road...weeeellll, it's still a truck. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It is, but it’s still a decent amount better than the wrangler! Which is what really matters.
KennyMac, TK1215

Jun 28, 2021

It is, but it’s still a decent amount better than the wrangler! Which is what really matters.

And I daily a truck, so wouldn't be too much different besides being smaller, less thirsty, manual and able to go topless
TK1215, Calgecko

Official unofficial BN Photographer

Jun 28, 2021

And I daily a truck, so wouldn't be too much different besides being smaller, less thirsty, manual and able to go topless
I do too - but one of the things I love about this truck, is that it doesn't ride like a truck .. it's got nice soft, compliant suspension - handles high-speed off-road/dirt roads like a champ, and is super comfortable on the road.. not a stiff suspension like a lot of trucks.. .so I'm hoping the Bronco will be similar ride quality.

Attachments

Reservation: 7/20/20 | MY '21 order: 2/1/21 | MY '22 order: 10/22/21 | Blend 8/5, built 8/8, 'built' status 8/27, in my driveway 10/12/22
Auto Photographer in Sacramento CA:
www.instagram.com/photographybymarkbrooks
TK1215, NickP

Rank VI

Jun 28, 2021

Certainly true. The way I generally express it was that when I drove a Rubicon on 35s, I was always surprised to look down and see how slow I was going. When I drove a Squatched Bronco, I was always surprised to look down and see how fast I was going.
KennyMac, TK1215

Rank V

Jun 28, 2021

I do too - but one of the things I love about this truck, is that it doesn't ride like a truck .. it's got nice soft, compliant suspension - handles high-speed off-road/dirt roads like a champ, and is super comfortable on the road.. not a stiff suspension like a lot of trucks.. .so I'm hoping the Bronco will be similar ride quality.
Bronco isn’t quite as soft as a 4Runner, but it feels a ton sportier. A lot less floaty.
Certainly true. The way I generally express it was that when I drove a Rubicon on 35s, I was always surprised to look down and see how slow I was going. When I drove Squatched Bronco, I was always surprised to look down and see how fast I was going.

That’s a good way to put it!
KennyMac, TK1215

Rank VI

Jun 28, 2021

I think you'll still be impressed with Bronco. I think that the people who are coming from sedans and smaller crossovers might find the on-road manners quite different than they're used to. However, for the foreseeable future, I think people aren't going to care because they'll be driving the IT truck.
KennyMac, TK1215