Bronco pre or post start up engine noises?

reynoldsny
Jul 10, 2021

Rank 0

Jul 10, 2021

We have a Big Bend with a few hundred miles on it...Problem or not? We cannot get an answer to this anywhere When we are outside of the Bronco when the engine has not been run and is room temperature there are electrical sounding noises coming from under the hood (like a fan or pump). This has nothing to do with starter, engine etc as we are outside of Bronco. As soon as we open any door or the hatch the noises begin and run for 5-15 minutes, even happens at times when we do not open doors or hatch. In listening under hood the noise seems to be under fuse box or headlights. As a side note we have never used lights or driven at night Any ideas? Thankyou
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2021

Life is a Highway

Jul 10, 2021

We have a Big Bend with a few hundred miles on it...Problem or not? We cannot get an answer to this anywhere When we are outside of the Bronco when the engine has not been run and is room temperature there are electrical sounding noises coming from under the hood (like a fan or pump). This has nothing to do with starter, engine etc as we are outside of Bronco. As soon as we open any door or the hatch the noises begin and run for 5-15 minutes, even happens at times when we do not open doors or hatch. In listening under hood the noise seems to be under fuse box or headlights. As a side note we have never used lights or driven at night Any ideas? Thankyou
I know that there have been posts I think on the Sport threads regarding fans that run to cool the headlights
Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jul 10, 2021

Active grille shutters, our 21 explorer does it as well. When the fob get close or the doors are opened.
Rydfree, Deano Bronc

Rank II

Jul 11, 2021

My Volvo V60 does the exact same thing. It drove me crazy looking for where the noise was coming from. I’m not one to give up on something until I find out what’s going on but I did. It still makes the noise here and there but it’s been running and driving great for years. I’ve come to the conclusion that it is a normal part of the electronics.

Rank II

Jul 11, 2021

As a side note, I do know that it takes 5 minutes or so for airbags to discharge. Maybe they are on delay for a time before discharging?

Rank IV

Jul 11, 2021

I just picked up my 4 door OBX yesterday with 2.7L and I noticed it makes a strange noise as well while running. Not terribly loud but noticeable when standing in front of the vehicle while it's running. Can't quite describe the sound but doesn't sound like a smooth engine. I'm chalking it up to being brand new. Hopefully the noise subsides as I put more milage one it. Otherwise I'll take to the dealer to investigate further.
OBX 4 Dr / Lux / Leather / Tow / Orange / Soft Top / 2.7L
Res: 7/15/20 - OD: 2/19/21 - IP: 6/23 - Built 6/27 - Rec 7/9
the poacher, Deano Bronc

Pitter Patter Let's Get At 'Er!

Jul 14, 2021

I just picked up my 4 door OBX yesterday with 2.7L and I noticed it makes a strange noise as well while running. Not terribly loud but noticeable when standing in front of the vehicle while it's running. Can't quite describe the sound but doesn't sound like a smooth engine. I'm chalking it up to being brand new. Hopefully the noise subsides as I put more milage one it. Otherwise I'll take to the dealer to investigate further.

I had a similar thing when I had a F-150 a while back, same engine, it did go away after a while and i never had any issues with it later on. Not sure if it just needed to be broken in?
Big Bend| 4DR | Hardtop | Velocity Blue | Mid Package | Black Onyx Intr | Sasquatch.
Built -
4/19/22 | Delivered - 7/18/22