Sep 11, 2020
Illinois, USA
First Name
Harold
Last Name
Kilowaski
Member #

CD8896A3-ACE7-4992-824A-8AC39992F6F9.png

Creating this space for all current or future Bronco owners who live in Illinois :alien:
  • Once we receive our Broncos we can plan events to attend in IL or the surrounding states.
    • As of now the best place I have found for off roading in IL is the Cliffs Insane Terrainpark in Marseilles, IL. (No longer allowing SUV, hopefully not a permanent measure)
      • Next best place is Badlands in Indiana or Silver Lake Dunes in Michigan.
      • McHenry has River Road Rally Park https://riverroadrallypark.com/ (but is temporarily closed)
    • There are many beautiful driving roads around the Illinois River and Mississippi River for future Bronco Cruises. Great for top off and doors off cruising.
    • Can always create family friendly get togethers around various towns for all Bronco enthusiasts to join.
Anyone can use this thread to post about various topics with other Illinois Bronco owners or enthusiasts alike. Feel free to post and introduce yourselves here as I am sure over the course of this new Bronco release we will see more and more IL Bronco owners.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing Bronco owners out and about around Illinois:cool:(y)

Last edited:

Hkak45

Rank V

Supporter III

Sep 11, 2020
Illinois, USA
First Name
Harold
Last Name
Kilowaski
Member #

Welcome! Unfortunately I found out the Cliffs stopped allowing any SUV/Truck at their park so it’s only open to ATV/UTV/Dirtbike. I was bummed about that but I would like to check out Badlands off road park in Indiana. It’s about a 3 hour drive or so. Silver Lake Dunes in Michigan is a really fun place to go driving on the dunes and isn’t too horribly far from Northern IL.

Reactions: Basa

CGBronco

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Mar 4, 2021
Lakewood, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Mezyk
Badlands is a lot of fun. I haven’t been to Michigan dunes since I was a kid, but I will be going back soon.

Reactions: Hkak45

Coldsmoke

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Jan 31, 2021
Northern Illinois
First Name
Martin
Last Name
Moister
Member #

Crystal Lake here. I'm down for some local get togethers and off road fun, but it may entail heading out some distance from Northern Illinois. Not much around here, although rzorilla mentioned River Road Rally Park in McHenry, (if they are able to reopen.). I used to belong to the Two Rivers Jeep club out of Pittsfield (about an hour southwest of Springfield) but not sure if they are now open to new members or other than Jeeps. I also ran some nice trails up near Crandon, WI which I believe were mostly logging roads. Regardless, if there are some more local activities then I am interested.

Hkak45

Rank V

Supporter III

Sep 11, 2020
Illinois, USA
First Name
Harold
Last Name
Kilowaski
Member #

Crystal Lake here. I'm down for some local get togethers and off road fun, but it may entail heading out some distance from Northern Illinois. Not much around here, although rzorilla mentioned River Road Rally Park in McHenry, (if they are able to reopen.). I used to belong to the Two Rivers Jeep club out of Pittsfield (about an hour southwest of Springfield) but not sure if they are now open to new members or other than Jeeps. I also ran some nice trails up near Crandon, WI which I believe were mostly logging roads. Regardless, if there are some more local activities then I am interested.
I would be happy to head out to WI to travel some logging roads too! I went out on some of the logging roads up in northern MI with my 4Runner and it was really fun and a scenic drive too. I saw one place out near Iowa boarder that offered off road trails but after the day I drove past I can’t seem to find it online anywhere. Must be a hidden secret
I was sad to hear the Cliffs in Marseilles is closed to trucks and suv now.... maybe one year they will reopen (at least for broncos lol)

Reactions: TK1215

Hkak45

Rank V

Supporter III

Sep 11, 2020
Illinois, USA
First Name
Harold
Last Name
Kilowaski
Member #

I’m in! I didn’t get the full size, but I picked up my bronco sport badlands yesterday and would love to tag along on some adventures!
Welcome and congrats on your Badlands Bronco Sport! They are really sweet SUV. I’ve seen some Bronco Sports driving around locally but I have yet to see a badlands.

Reactions: Rex2021