Bronco Off Rodeo Texas

Jeffreyl7
May 28, 2021

Bronco Badlands SQ Lux

May 28, 2021

I just got home from the Dealer version of the Bronco Off-Rodeo in Texas. WOW, it was an incredible experience. It was like a fantasy camp for off-roading. I had Corey for an instructor. He was the Bomb. I can't wait to send my wife and go back next fall or summer.

Attachments

Deano Bronc, TEEDEE
Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2021

Trusted and Carefree

May 28, 2021

Out of curiousity, what was the gist of the course? How general was it? I see all the tent photos- did they do a bit on overloading?
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco
Jakob1972, TK1215

Bronco Badlands SQ Lux

May 28, 2021

Out of curiousity, what was the gist of the course? How general was it? I see all the tent photos- did they do a bit on overloading?
I posted a few photos of the courses we drove on in another post. I could only post 10 photos per thread. I spend 4 hours behind the wheel of the Bronco and 2 hours behind the wheel of the Sport. I took quite a bit of video but couldn't post to the forum. The course was a mix of wet and dry terrain. We drove a creek bed full of water up to the doors for about 100 yards, true rock climbing where we needed spotters, lots of elevation changes many 20*-30* climbs and descents and off camber driving. We also had a lot of water crossings. I've been to a couple of off-road Land Rover rallys with a relative of mine who owns a couple of Rovers. This was as demanding as either of those. I hope to be able to post some video soon. Most of it is in 20-40 second format because I was driving and holding my phone with one hand. I forgot to bring a monopod to attach to the dash.

Attachments

Deano Bronc, TEEDEE

Trusted and Carefree

May 28, 2021

I posted a few photos of the courses we drove on in another post. I could only post 10 photos per thread. I spend 4 hours behind the wheel of the Bronco and 2 hours behind the wheel of the Sport. I took quite a bit of video but couldn't post to the forum. The course was a mix of wet and dry terrain. We drove a creek bed full of water up to the doors for about 100 yards, true rock climbing where we needed spotters, lots of elevation changes many 20*-30* climbs and descents and off camber driving. We also had a lot of water crossings. I've been to a couple of off-road Land Rover rallys with a relative of mine who owns a couple of Rovers. This was as demanding as either of those. I hope to be able to post some video soon. Most of it is in 20-40 second format because I was driving and holding my phone with one hand. I forgot to bring a monopod to attach to the dash.

Awesome, thanks! Sounds like its a real course and worthwhile. Im planning on doing the one in Nevada, but I was curious about whether it was going to be an extended demo day or something where you were really going to get muddy. Thanks for the answer, and Im glad its the one I wanted. (y)
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco
Jakob1972, TK1215

Bronco Badlands SQ Lux

May 28, 2021

There was also a Baja style speed course. I was asked not to disclose my top speed, but I was told it was very impressive due to my inexperience in Baja style of driving.

Attachments

Deano Bronc, Jakob1972

Bronco Badlands SQ Lux

May 28, 2021

Awesome, thanks! Sounds like its a real course and worthwhile. Im planning on doing the one in Nevada, but I was curious about whether it was going to be an extended demo day or something where you were really going to get muddy. Thanks for the answer, and Im glad its the one I wanted. (y)

Attachments

Deano Bronc, Jakob1972

Life is a Highway

May 30, 2021

Great pictures and insight
Jakob1972

Rank III

May 31, 2021

One day they will say when it is going to actually take place and accept registrations.

Rank VI

May 31, 2021

Screenshot_20210522-063212_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
Deano Bronc, Jakob1972

Off-Roadeo Ranger

May 31, 2021

driving and holding my phone with one hand
Just for clarification, this is one of the things we instruct people NOT to do, but otherwise I'm glad you came and had a good time. Corey is "the Bomb" for sure!
Deano Bronc, Bschurr

Moab or bust!!!

Jun 01, 2021

Just for clarification, this is one of the things we instruct people NOT to do, but otherwise I'm glad you came and had a good time. Corey is "the Bomb" for sure!
BUSTED!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
TorgSurv, ResidualGenius