Bronco Financing Timing

BroncoFred
Dec 08, 2021

Inmate #19359

Dec 08, 2021

For those of you that have gotten this far, at what point during the process do you work out financing details with your dealer? When production is scheduled, when you have a vin, when it’s delivered? Just curious. Thanks in advance.
2023 Bronco,Black Diamond 🏴‍☠️ Velocity Blue 🟦, 4Door, SAS, MIC, Mid, 2.7m, Orig Order: 9/10/21 Blend Date: 11/30/22. Built: 12/02, Shipped 12/4, Arrived at dealer on 12/23, Took possession on 12/30/22!!! 476 Days after ordering.
Goodyear, AZ 🌵🔆
Last edited by a moderator: Dec 08, 2021

Rank V

Dec 08, 2021

For those of you that have gotten this far, at what point during the process do you work out financing details with your dealer? When production is scheduled, when you have a vin, when it’s delivered? Just curious. Thanks in advance.
Most dealers will not do anything until the car is on there lot
Reserved 7/14/2020 - Ordered 1/20/2021- home on 9/18/21.
Outerbanks, A51, High package, Tow capability, (MIC top-REMOVED 8/12) , Aux
Bronco 202?, BroncoFred

Rank V

Dec 08, 2021

I started about a week before my Bronco was delivered and you don't need the dealer to get this started. I shopped the credit unions and banks, I went into the purchase knowing the MOST that my APR would be. When we kicked off negotiations, my dealer told me the best I could get was just over 4% APR, I then laughed and whipped out my pre-approval for 1.99% from BofA. Then they tried to sell me on a $5k maintenance program (which I actually wanted), I said no unless they could give me 0% APR. They agreed, so I get to borrow money for free. Just remember, there are a lot of other aspects of a car sale that can be negotiated other than just the sales price.
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door. Delivered on 10/1/2021
Ditchrunner, 6GENBRONCOFAN

Inmate #19359

Dec 08, 2021

I started about a week before my Bronco was delivered and you don't need the dealer to get this started. I shopped the credit unions and banks, I went into the purchase knowing the MOST that my APR would be. When we kicked off negotiations, my dealer told me the best I could get was just over 4% APR, I then laughed and whipped out my pre-approval for 1.99% from BofA. Then they tried to sell me on a $5k maintenance program (which I actually wanted), I said no unless they could give me 0% APR. They agreed, so I get to borrow money for free. Just remember, there are a lot of other aspects of a car sale that can be negotiated other than just the sales price.

Good advice. I planned on talking with my credit union prior. I’ll be ready like you!
2023 Bronco,Black Diamond 🏴‍☠️ Velocity Blue 🟦, 4Door, SAS, MIC, Mid, 2.7m, Orig Order: 9/10/21 Blend Date: 11/30/22. Built: 12/02, Shipped 12/4, Arrived at dealer on 12/23, Took possession on 12/30/22!!! 476 Days after ordering.
Goodyear, AZ 🌵🔆
RandallLG, BuckYeah

That's a terrible idea, when do we start?

Dec 08, 2021

Good advice. I planned on talking with my credit union prior. I’ll be ready like you!
That was my plan as well. I was going to have something ready from my CU before going to the dealership, and if I didn't like what I heard there, I was just going to finance through the CU. In either case, you're in a much better bargaining position if you have other financing lined up prior to going to the dealer.
4 Door BadSquatch | Soft-top | Velocity Blue | 2.7 Auto | Towing | Lux | Leather
Bronco 202?, Kathleen

Rank III

Dec 08, 2021

I was told by my dealer that when Ford provides a delivery date, the dealership will want to discuss trade-in/financing, etc.
BroncoFred

Rank VI

Dec 08, 2021

I’m a second generation Ford employee with 26.5 years. I’ve only bought or leased Ford vehicles my entire life. The financing portion can be wrapped up in a couple hours. Wait until you inspect the vehicle before agreeing to talk to the finance manager.
Jruta, Bronco 202?

Rank V

Dec 08, 2021

I've been looking around for best financing options for me, but with the month after month delay with delivery, I haven't pulled the financing trigger yet. Going to wait until my Bronco actually shows up since any offers are only good for up to 30 days. It looks like my best rates and payments are going to be through my insurance company, USAA. I will see what my dealer has to offer come delivery day and hold the USAA card as my negotiations Ace up my sleeve.
Dramirez163, KennyMac

Rank V

Dec 08, 2021

like to hear what usaa does for you. at present time i as well am using usaa in my corner. but hoping i can get lower then what usaa has. but checking around at the time i did they did seem to be the best option. would rather finance @ low rate and keep my cash
BroncoFred

Life is a Highway

Dec 09, 2021

Wow 0% on the Bronco is awesome!
Bronco 202?, BroncoFred

Road trip!!!

Dec 09, 2021

My bronco is scheduled to be built on 12/21/21. I went to my Consumers Credit Union today and the best they can do is 2.94%. I called and spoke with Navy Federal Credit Union and they will do 2.19% for 5yrs and 2.29% of 6 years.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
Deano Bronc, BroncoFred

Rank V

Dec 09, 2021

I am already pre-approved with USAA for up to 55k at 1.89% for up to 63 months. I know weird that it’s up to 63 months not just 60. Offer does expire so it will be close with my blend date being 12/9 (tomorrow) and who knows when for delivery. Over life of loan should only pay $1500 to $2500 total in interest depending on how much I actually borrow. Good luck everyone!
BroncoFred, TigerRN

Rank IV

Dec 09, 2021

I should have went with my gut feeling and not be a nice guy when I was getting my Bronco and shopped around. I knew I could qualify for a 1.97 60 month thru a local CU but wanted to give the Dealer a chance to get a great rate for me which they said they would do from a lender they work with and boy I was wrong. When they dropped the 4.1 on me I should've asked for Cigarette. I went to the CU a week later and got my rate but knowing the dealer got a few bucks from the other bank irks me.

I know business is business but I guess I will take my Bronco to another dealer 15 minutes away to get work done and accessories.
Deano Bronc, BroncoFred

Dec 09, 2021

In order for you to have the car financed - you have to have a VIN and the dealer has to have a Stock number (IE - the car is assigned to them, and they actually have something on paper to sell you) - once you have both of those - you can make a purchase - I purchased my Bronco back in November literally the same day - my dealer got the stock number from Ford - and I went in just as if the car was sitting in the lot - It literally physically arrived today (12-8) - so a few weeks later. This is a tiny bit risky - as if something happened in transit, it could have been a mess in terms of refunding and insurance. My dealer here in Seattle - is amazing and made this as easy as possible - cannot speak more highly of them and how they made this entire thing go so well.
4 DR Badlands
2.7/MGV/LUX/SAS/Soft/Tow
Bronco Birthday 11/12/21
BuckYeah, TK1215

Rank IV

Dec 09, 2021

Month before delivery, USAA approved for 1.29% for 72 on $69K. After inspecting the vehicle, met with finance manager. To my surprise Ford Motor Credit went to 0.99% for 72 months, full purchase price. Of course, then came the extended warranty haggle.... Ended up with 7 years coverage for approx. $21/month after refusing several "packages", coupons, $1000 Bronco incentive from dealership. I usually don't do ANY extended warranty, but for $21 increase in payment and after 1st year model experience with 2015 Mustang, I think this one will pay for itself.

As Randall said, there are other aspects, so if dealer is stuck on sticker, negotiate elsewhere. Same applies if you are making a trade. They offered me $20K for the Mustang (which was $3K more than what I expected) as soon as they test drove it on the lot. After negotiating that a bit, to $22K, I said I'd let them know when the Bronco came in (this was a few days before it arrived). If I traded for that, I would have basically driven the Mustang for 6 years for less than it would cost to lease/rent one, and recouped >50% of the original purchase price of that car. When I went for the Bronco, my wife had talked me into giving our youngest the Mustang when he starts driving next year, so I didn't trade it. They had negotiated the whole time assuming they were getting the Mustang. I only told them at the last minute they weren't getting it.
RandallLG, TK1215

Rank V

Dec 09, 2021

Month before delivery, USAA approved for 1.29% for 72 on $69K. After inspecting the vehicle, met with finance manager. To my surprise Ford Motor Credit went to 0.99% for 72 months, full purchase price. Of course, then came the extended warranty haggle.... Ended up with 7 years coverage for approx. $21/month after refusing several "packages", coupons, $1000 Bronco incentive from dealership. I usually don't do ANY extended warranty, but for $21 increase in payment and after 1st year model experience with 2015 Mustang, I think this one will pay for itself.

As Randall said, there are other aspects, so if dealer is stuck on sticker, negotiate elsewhere. Same applies if you are making a trade. They offered me $20K for the Mustang (which was $3K more than what I expected) as soon as they test drove it on the lot. After negotiating that a bit, to $22K, I said I'd let them know when the Bronco came in (this was a few days before it arrived). If I traded for that, I would have basically driven the Mustang for 6 years for less than it would cost to lease/rent one, and recouped >50% of the original purchase price of that car. When I went for the Bronco, my wife had talked me into giving our youngest the Mustang when he starts driving next year, so I didn't trade it. They had negotiated the whole time assuming they were getting the Mustang. I only told them at the last minute they weren't getting it.
Can I borrow your mustang! Just for a minute. Lol

Rank IV

Dec 09, 2021

Can I borrow your mustang! Just for a minute. Lol

LOL! Suurreeee. Come on over..:LOL:
3BEARS

Rank V

Dec 09, 2021

The best thing to do would be doing any finance shopping at the same time. That way all the hard credit checks will be counted as just one. Then shop around first with your bank, then local credit unions. Get 2 or 3 offers from the credit unions. Take the best one and tell the others you have this great deal, can they beat it. Either they'll sharpen their pencil or they won't. But then you can take that number to the dealer and see if they can beat it. If they can, take that number back to that credit union and see what they have to say.
Ideally all that happens via email so you don't have to deal with the mind games they will try to play on you.
Timing-wise, I would say once the vehicle hits the dealer if you want to give the dealer a chance. Otherwise, you can start with all the other options within about 60 days of the vehicle being ready for you. The credit pulls are typically only valid for no more than 60 days before they would want to check again.
2D Base Mansquatch: Ord 11-24-2021; VIN 3-16-2022; Schd 5/9/22; Sticker 5/4/22; Modules 5/10/22;Built 5/11/22;Shipt 5/12/22;Delv 5/24/22

Rank VI

Dec 09, 2021

No. He really paid $5000.00 for something he may not even use .

Rank V

Dec 09, 2021

No. He really paid $5000.00 for something he may not even use .

What’s that mean? I paid for a maintenance program, not some extended warranty program that covers hypotheticals 100k miles down the road…
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door. Delivered on 10/1/2021
Deano Bronc