Bronco FCTP Program is Coming

David
Dec 23, 2020

Rank VI

Dec 23, 2020

This week, Ford announced to dealers that it will launch a Ford Courtesy Transportation Program (FCTP) for Bronco. Ford dealers will have the option to enroll in the Bronco FCTP and purchase up to two units, depending on the number of Bronco reservations that they have. Ford’s intention is for these Broncos to seen and touched by the public.

Courtesy transportation programs serve different purposes depending on the manufacturer. Ford uses the program to give customers a chance to drive their latest products while other OEMs have been known to use these programs to bolster unit sales numbers in down quarters. Regardless of how the program is used, some lucky people might be provided a loaner Bronco to drive before their Bronco is delivered, albeit for only the amount of time it takes to have their current Ford product serviced. Test drives prior to purchase has been one of the biggest requests that we’ve heard from Bronco reservation holders and this is probably as close to an official test drive program as we’ve seen for Bronco.

The program provides the public with Broncos that they can see and touch, provides dealers with a vehicle that can educate and inform sales staff while displaying dealer installed accessories, and allows Ford to verify manufacturing processes prior to building units for customers. However, whether one of these Broncos will be near you will depend on a few factors.
  • Your dealer must qualify for the program and opt into the Bronco FCTP. Ford can cancel a dealer’s enrollment in the program at any time if the dealer breaks the rules. Also, if the dealer is enrolled in the Bronco Sport FCTP program, they must have fulfilled all the requirements of that program in order to opt in.
  • A dealer must buy the Broncos that they will use in the program and an accessory package that the dealer must install on the Bronco. The dealer will be responsible for the cost of the package and the labor cost for installing it.
  • FCTP eligible dealers with 249 reservations or fewer will be able to purchase one Bronco. Eligible dealers with more than 249 reservations will be able to purchase 2 Broncos. One caveat, Ford dealers that are inside the top 100 volume sales dealers but don’t meet the criteria to purchase two Broncos will have the opportunity to do so.
Another interesting aspect of the program is that Ford dealerships can sell these Broncos after meeting all the service requirements of the program, a period of seven months. If dealers sell the Broncos before seven months, then they will forfeit a month of Bronco allocation and a month of Bronco Sport allocation.

Ford has already told dealers that there will be no stock units for Bronco in the 21MY but this seems to be their way of meeting that need while also giving reservation holders a chance to actually see a built out Bronco prior to signing for one. They might even drive it. Sign us up.

See below for the accessories packages that will be equipped on the FCTP Broncos. Which package is on which Bronco is determined by the specifications of the Bronco that Ford lets the dealer buy.
FCTP Accessory Package V2.jpg
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Rgwinn, bdawson24

Rank VI

Dec 23, 2020

One thing to note here, timing on the program is likely to be after ordering is complete. More to come for confirmed details from Ford.
D190065, Jakob1972

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Dec 23, 2020

Very cool! These pictures are all Black Diamonds. Is that representative of the FCTP vehicles, or will they be of various models? You said "some Bronco reservation holders", but does this mean that anyone getting their vehicle serviced at a Ford dealership might get a Bronco as their loaner? Or are they doing something different so those with orders can get an early chance to drive one?
bdawson24, Bronc96

Rank VI

Dec 23, 2020

Very cool! These pictures are all Black Diamonds. Is that representative of the FCTP vehicles, or will they be of various models? You said "some Bronco reservation holders", but does this mean that anyone getting their vehicle serviced at a Ford dealership might get a Bronco as their loaner? Or are they doing something different so those with orders can get an early chance to drive one?

The specs of what will be in the show room will be picked by Ford but isn’t announced in our source material. The vehicles in the graphic are there to represent a generic Bronco. I could have gone with Base but I like BD.
Bronc96, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Dec 24, 2020

The specs of what will be in the show room will be picked by Ford but isn’t announced in our source material. The vehicles in the graphic are there to represent a generic Bronco. I could have gone with Base but I like BD.
At some point in the future, will you know where these Broncos will be based geographically?
Timothy, Bronc96

Rank VI

Dec 24, 2020

At some point in the future, will you know where these Broncos will be based geographically?

It’s dealer based and dealers have to opt in. Time will tell how many take advantage of it.
BuzzyBud, Bronc96

Bandit_2021_bronco

Dec 24, 2020

Great news ! I see three accessories that I already want. Still going to wait and order from the dealership after my Bronco arrives. I’m too concerned with build delays based on lack of availability.
2 Door Black Diamond / Shadow Black / BN #337 - 7/13/20 reservation - 7/13/21 blend date
Delivered 10/19/2021
Instagram
nic, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Dec 24, 2020

Good to hear.
Raptor w/ lux package, orange belts. Code Orange.
BN #306

Rank VI

Dec 24, 2020

Swing Gate Table... Is that somewhere on an accessories page that we can order?

Rank VI

Dec 28, 2020

I was busy with the leadup to Christmas and missed this post. I really like the sound of this and hope dealers here in AZ take advantage. Not like I will need something to keep my excitement up between order and delivery, but I will definitely take advantage of the opportunity to check one of these out if any of the dealers around here participate in the program!
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115

Rank VI

Dec 28, 2020

I was busy with the leadup to Christmas and missed this post. I really like the sound of this and hope dealers here in AZ take advantage. Not like I will need something to keep my excitement up between order and delivery, but I will definitely take advantage of the opportunity to check one of these out if any of the dealers around here participate in the program!
Hope there's one near you, we still don't know how this will all pan out but if it lets more people see and touch Broncos then that's a good thing.

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Dec 28, 2020

The two dealers in my area won't get any Broncos, one dealer didn't allow reservations, the other lost the only reservation they had.

Road trip!!!

Mar 04, 2021

Are these the Broncos Ford will start making on 29 March?
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.

Rank IV

Mar 04, 2021

Are these the Broncos Ford will start making on 29 March?
Moat likely

Rank V

Mar 04, 2021

Swing Gate Table... Is that somewhere on an accessories page that we can order?
I was wondering the same thing, I haven't seen it yet

Rank VI

Mar 04, 2021

Found It! Bottom of page 2. Code VM2DZ-78407A99-A. $199.