Bronco Build and Price Update Q&A with Ford

David
Dec 30, 2020

Rank VI

Dec 30, 2020

We were able to talk to Ford about some of the questions that we saw flying around the Bronco internet after the Build and Price update. Ford has been pretty open and honest with us regarding these answers, many of which won't be the answers that the Bronco community is hoping for. We mainly focus on the Build and Price update that went live last week but also slipped in some other questions from the forums as well.

Grab a snack, this video is over 40min long.

I've gone ahead and transcribed the questions and answers. This is my work and isn’t word for word transcription so it isn’t gospel.

Slide1.JPGSlide2.JPGSlide3.JPG
Bronco Delivery Timeline - 31 DEC 2020.jpg
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
JohnnyG, Rgwinn

Dec 30, 2020

Important to note that we got all the answers that we could. Ford could not or would not speak to certain things and obviously out of our control. There will be more Q&As to come but this is the most up to date information that we have and are passing it all along to the Bronco Nation! If you have more questions, feel free to drop them below⬇️
@jordanfrombn on Instagram
Jakob1972, Chief1301

Rank VI

Dec 31, 2020

Video has been posted.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
jmalinov, BroncoBoy22

Rank VI

Dec 31, 2020

Well.....
Where is my Bronco beer glass?
Jakob1972, Witchdoctor68

Rank 0

Dec 31, 2020

Important to note that we got all the answers that we could. Ford could not or would not speak to certain things and obviously out of our control. There will be more Q&As to come but this is the most up to date information that we have and are passing it all along to the Bronco Nation! If you have more questions, feel free to drop them below⬇
Thanks for doing this. I saw this video posted on Facebook. It answered several of my questions and addressed a lot of concern I've been reading on the forums. I finally came around and created a login so I could ask this question:

For those of us with an early MY21 reservation but are required to wait for MY22, can we count on Ford not to raise pricing? For example, the manual Sasquatch is now MY22 availability only. Can I use the current pricing structure I see on B&P to budget for my MY22 ManSquatch? I understand prices change slightly between MYs, but the price shouldn't increase, especially for MY21 reservation holders...

I think it would be shady of Ford to excite reservation holders by saying "yes you're getting Mansquatch!" and follow it up with "MY22 only" to later add "and we're jacking up the price on you suckers that waited!"

I've truly never been this excited over a vehicle and I know others feel the same. Ford knocked the bronco design out of the park... But has fumbled nearly every step of the rollout. Fortunately for me, it hasn't really affected my commitment to purchasing that much; I've rolled with the punches. However, if they raise prices on Mansquatch/MY22 bronco, that'll be it for me!
KDANAZ, SKetelaar

Rank III

Dec 31, 2020

I'm disappointed, plain and simple. Ford should have had the B&P accurate when it was released. Ford is a billion dollar company that can't seem to figure out what the heck is going on. Come on! Now, not only can I not sit in or test drive a new Bronco before I order my $40K plus vehicle, we can't even see what additional options are available until after I've placed my order?
AD BRONCO, AuBronco

Rank VI

Dec 31, 2020

We were able to talk to Ford about some of the questions that we saw flying around the Bronco internet after the Build and Price update. Ford has been pretty open and honest with us regarding these answers, many of which won't be the answers that the Bronco community is hoping for. We mainly focus on the Build and Price update that went live last week but also slipped in some other questions from the forums as well.

Grab a snack, this video is over 40min long.

The video won’t play for me. Did it break the internet?
Jakob1972

Rank VI

Dec 31, 2020

The video won’t play for me. Did it break the internet?

Me either.... on both sites
2021 BadSquatch, 4DR, 2.7/AT, High Package, Oxford White
Hobgoblin

Rank VI

Dec 31, 2020

Me either.... on both sites
I am now thinking that it has been pulled down. Guess we will have to read the posts to piece things together?

Rank VI

Dec 31, 2020

I am now thinking that it has been pulled down. Guess we will have to read the posts to piece things together?

Trust me, you do not want to see that video if your goal is to buy a Bronco!
BrianBell66, AuBronco

Rank V

Dec 31, 2020

First, thanks for doing this.

For next Q&A...
  • If I have an early 2021 reservation, will there be a process to wait until 2022 model year to cash in on the reservation? Essentially keeping my reservation until 2022MY opens up to be bumped up in line.
  • What is the definition of "late availability"? lol They keep saying it, but what does it mean? I was about to turn it into a drinking game. Every time they say "late availability" take a shot or drink from your Bronco glass.
  • What happens when people cancel their FE reservations? Will 7k be produced or will the number be reduced?
  • Why can't you add both the LED light bar and the Pod lights? It only allows you add one or the other. Does this stem from GVWR too?
Everything I hear keeps telling me to wait until 2022.
Shadowblade, SKetelaar

Rank VI

Dec 31, 2020

Thanks Buzzy. That is what I gather. Still one of those things that you still want to see. We have all been pretty invested in this from the start.

This is quite the roller coaster ride. My suspicion is that those of us who stick with it may be moving up the list. I anticipate more and more of the “check ya all later, I‘m out“ threads.
SKetelaar, D190065

Rank V

Dec 31, 2020

I would challenge that you don't want to watch it if you want to buy a 2021 Bronco ;)
Jakob1972, Bronc96

Rank IV

Dec 31, 2020

Well.....
Where is my Bronco beer glass?
I think I'm going to need my bottle of Jack Daniels on this one.
Jakob1972, AcesandEights

Rank V

Dec 31, 2020

I think I'm going to need my bottle of Jack Daniels on this one.
We should have drink pairing recommendations for videos. Recommend high alcohol content for this one. Knott Whiskey. 100 proof but sweet. High alcohol content for "late availability" and disappointment. Sweet for the new information from BN, and to remind you the Bronco is back regardless of model year you go with.
Jakob1972, Bronc96

Rank VI

Dec 31, 2020

As the video ended, I thought about the beautiful young woman in the neighborhood who hates drivers who tailgate her car. She placed a sticker on the bumper which reads, "If you are going to ride my a**, at least pull my hair!" I thought about that bumper sticker and it was not in reference to tailgating! Now, I need a refill on my Bronco beer glass.
AD BRONCO, pilonfx

Northwest Bronco

Dec 31, 2020

Not trying to be a negative Nancy, but it may pay off to order in 2022 if you want everything you want. Roof rack on a sasquatch ect.

Hmmmm
Northwest Bronco Channel
AD BRONCO, Bronc96

Rank VI

Dec 31, 2020

• What happens when people cancel their FE reservations? Will 7k be produced or will the number be reduced?

If you rerun the video you will hear Esteban say 7000 FEs will be built. From that statement, I assume some will go to buyers who want their Bronco ASAP, some will wait for "late availability", some will cancel and some will change to another model. The FEs that do not go to buyers with reservations have to go somewhere. Can you guess? Bingo! To dealers for sale with ADMs. Nice?!
Chief1301, Bronc96

Rank V

Dec 31, 2020

Yep, I am definitely glad I canceled my reservation and am opting to wait for '22 or '23 to check out the Bronco. This is a total trainwreck.
2dr Badlands, Velocity Blue, Lux Package, Squatch
AD BRONCO, AcesandEights

Rank VI

Dec 31, 2020

Yep, I am definitely glad I canceled my reservation and am opting to wait for '22 or '23 to check out the Bronco. This is a total trainwreck.

First off, yes I did watch the entire video and yes I still plan to buy a 2021 Bronco. I know what you are thinking, no I am not drunk!
I actually thought Matt did his best. It would have been more enjoyable if Mitch Creel was also there to react to Esteban's answers. Instead of Matt, saying, "Got it" or "Awesome", Mitch could have said, "What the F**K" and "You got to be Sh**ing me".
Chief1301, Rgwinn