Bronco Badlands 4 door roof rails?

a_grenier89
Dec 28, 2021

Rank I

Dec 28, 2021

Hey everyone,
The front to rear running roof rails are seeming like an impossible task to currently get from Ford and haven’t seen any after market for these yet. Ford has stated I would need to order a bunch of parts for a kit individually to get this rack for close to four figures. I am aware of the GVWR and why the rails didnt come with it in the first place, but now that I am trying to add them it has been very difficult. Anyone out there have any idea’s to get these rails on my badlands?
Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2021

Libations MOD

Dec 28, 2021

Saw the parts pieced together from your dealer are about $1800. There is a thread on here about the roof rails, I think the title is "roof rails?"

There are several AM that have roof racks available.
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
RagnarKon

Burrito Connoisseur

Dec 28, 2021

It'll be difficult to find the factory roof rails right now. The only way you can currently order them is for warranty work, so if you didn't have them on your Bronco from the factory, nothing you can do. There is a rumor that the roof rails will be available from the accessory catalog sometime in Q1 2022. But no official word, timeline, or price yet.

As @ResidualGenius mentioned, the prices right now when pieced together cost nearly $1800, but it isn't uncommon for prices on the accessories site to be different from the prices on the internal parts catalog. If it does end up costing $1800, I personally would start searching for aftermarket options.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
ResidualGenius

Rank IV

Dec 28, 2021

If you decide to separately order parts.... See the attached roof rack parts list I saved from the 6GBronco website. Note that the list describes the four-door vehicle as a '5 Door' and the two-door vehicle as a '3 Door' because they are also counting the rear tailgate as a "door". Also, note that the roof rack tool is only listed for one of the models. I believe that is because the tool is standardized and works on both vehicles.

Attachments

Member: SUMMIT981 // Ordered: 21 DEC 2021 // Maryland, USA
Scheduled: 26 SEP 22, 17 OCT 22 | Built: 15 OCT 22 | Shipment: 17-23 OCT No Status

Rank V

Jan 19, 2022

Hey everyone,
The front to rear running roof rails are seeming like an impossible task to currently get from Ford and haven’t seen any after market for these yet. Ford has stated I would need to order a bunch of parts for a kit individually to get this rack for close to four figures. I am aware of the GVWR and why the rails didnt come with it in the first place, but now that I am trying to add them it has been very difficult. Anyone out there have any idea’s to get these rails on my badlands?
so, I just ordered my Badlands this weekend. I don't get why you can't get the roof rails with a 2.7

Burrito Connoisseur

Jan 19, 2022

so, I just ordered my Badlands this weekend. I don't get why you can't get the roof rails with a 2.7
All signs are pointing towards weight restrictions.

The Badlands is the heaviest trim you can buy, and the 2.7L engine is the heavier of the two engines. Hence why you can order it with the 2.3L but not the 2.7L. That's also why you cannot order them on the Wildtrak trim if you also ordered the full-vehicle steel bash plates.

Rank V

Jan 19, 2022

All signs are pointing towards weight restrictions.

The Badlands is the heaviest trim you can buy, and the 2.7L engine is the heavier of the two engines. Hence why you can order it with the 2.3L but not the 2.7L. That's also why you cannot order them on the Wildtrak trim if you also ordered the full-vehicle steel bash plates.
well, if that's the case I'd be willing to work a deal with someone to order a set on a 4dr and pay them for em.

Burrito Connoisseur

Jan 19, 2022

well, if that's the case I'd be willing to work a deal with someone to order a set on a 4dr and pay them for em.
Supposedly the roof racks are coming soon as an accessory... like probably Q1 2022 soon. But they haven't announced officially yet.

@Laura asked the question for us during the recent Bronco live stream (55m28s timestamp):

Rank V

Jan 19, 2022

Supposedly the roof racks are coming soon as an accessory... like probably Q1 2022 soon. But they haven't announced officially yet.

@Laura asked the question for us during the recent Bronco live stream (55m28s timestamp):

not to be Debdie Downer but I'd imagine they would sell for a premium as an accessory, not $ 365 as a factory add on.
Deano Bronc, broncoCrzy

Rank V

Jan 19, 2022

Supposedly the roof racks are coming soon as an accessory... like probably Q1 2022 sokoon.
I am waiting on roof rack and hardtop as an accessory. I am guessing 2024. People who were patient for roof rack from the factory should get theirs first.

Burrito Connoisseur

Jan 19, 2022

not to be Debdie Downer but I'd imagine they would sell for a premium as an accessory, not $ 365 as a factory add on.
Oh, 100% for sure.

I imagine you're are probably look at around $1000 once you include shipping, taxes, and whatnot. The real cost is the packaging and shipping. Order it with the Bronco and that is absorbed into the cost of the Bronco itself. Order it separately and you're on your own.

It's the same reason why I am not changing my order to a soft top. I can order a hard top as $695 factory addon now, and then probably pay another $1800 - $2000 for a soft top later--total cost around $2500 - $2700. If I order the hard top later it's probably going to cost well north of $3000... wouldn't at all be surprised if it gets up to $4500 range when all is said and done.
Deano Bronc, jamtra