Bring Back Bronco - The Untold Story: Trusted & Carefree

Hobgoblin
Apr 07, 2021

Rank VI

Apr 07, 2021

Since we have had many new members join in the last few months they may not have heard about the outstanding podcast, Bring Back Bronco - The Untold Story. It is an 8 part series hosted by Sonari Glinton. He explores the early days of development of the first generation Bronco and works to uncover why and who killed the Bronco in 1996.

This is an outstanding series that not only tells the story of the Bronco but it travels the ups and downs of the City of Detroit, explores U.S. history, and even touches on culture and music. Along the way we get a sneak peek behind the curtain at Ford that opens the book on details never shared in a broad platform. The production quality rivals award winning broadcasts. Sonari has such a personable way of telling the story of Bronco that it pulls you in and takes you right along for the ride. Many of our Bronco Nation members are contributors and make guest appearances. A big thank you goes out to them as well! I will let you listen to uncover them as the series unfolds.

I had the great pleasure of sharing the series with my 17 year old son this last weekend while we enjoyed the North Georgia mountains. We listed to it while stoking the campfire and even discussed many of aspects that the series covers throughout the episodes. I am hopeful that he will look back on our time listening to this podcast over the years while he retells our adventures that we create together.

I have listened to the series more than once and this time around something new roared to the top with new clarity as I listened to episode 8. The North Star for the new Bronco was based on two words: Trusted and Carefree. Those words will stick with me as I enjoy venturing with my Badlands year over year. I hope you enjoy listening to the series as much as I have.

OddMackey, Deano Bronc
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 07, 2021

Rank VI

Apr 07, 2021

I have actually listened to this twice, I had to take a long road trip and listened a second time.

It’s pretty awesome!
BuzzyBud, TK1215

Rank VI

Apr 08, 2021

I have actually listened to this twice, I had to take a long road trip and listened a second time.

It’s pretty awesome!
That is great. You certainly can pick up more new things when you re-listen to it.

It would make a great road trip listen for those traveling to Super Celebration East in a few weeks. Could even be great to start tonight to compliment our frosty mugs as @BuzzyBud has shared with us that it is National Beer Day.
TK1215, Deano Bronc

No Ragerts

Apr 08, 2021

Subscribed so I can add this to my to do list...
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
BuzzyBud, TK1215

Rank VI

Apr 08, 2021

Subscribed so I can add this to my to do list...
That is great. All 8 episodes are on YouTube. You can do auto play and let it roll!
TK1215, Jakob1972

Rank V

Apr 08, 2021

I was honored to be a small part of it. Sonari was awesome to talk to; I listened to him on NPR for years, so that made it all the more cool for me.
TK1215, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Apr 08, 2021

I was honored to be a small part of it. Sonari was awesome to talk to; I listened to him on NPR for years, so that made it all the more cool for me.
Loved hearing your insights. Thanks for sharing them through the series.
BuzzyBud, TK1215

Rank VI

Apr 08, 2021

@Laura not sure if you have listened to the series yet but it will give you a deeper insight into the crazy Bronco world you have joined.

While reading @David wife's article from Moab I was interested in hearing her speak about trusting the drivers and the Bronco. That is what the engineers were striving for with this new rig.
TK1215, Deano Bronc
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Apr 08, 2021

@Hobgoblin Thank you for tagging me; I haven't heard this yet and am looking forward to listening!
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
TK1215, Deano Bronc

Gladesmen

Apr 08, 2021

Gotta six hour road trip tomorrow this would be the perfect opportunity to listen for a 3rd time. I think my wife would really enjoy the history parts, she’s a history teacher.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
TK1215, Sdakotabronco

Rank VI

Apr 08, 2021

Gotta six hour road trip tomorrow this would be the perfect opportunity to listen for a 3rd time. I think my wife would really enjoy the history parts, she’s a history teacher.
That is perfect. I am right there listening to it 3 times as well! The history part beyond Bronco is outstanding. I am sure your wife will love it. So many parallel stories woven into the main message.
BuzzyBud, TK1215

Rank V

Apr 08, 2021

Looking forward to listening!
Horse with no name...
Race Red Badlands
BuzzyBud, TK1215

Rank VI

May 14, 2021

I remember when @Hobgoblin posted this thread and I added it to my “Must Do” list. Seemed small aspects of daily living got in the way. Luckily I am currently off camping and the time was right.
I loved “Bring Back Bronco” and the feelings I have after just my first listen. I sense it has changed me in two ways.
1. The waiting period for delivery of my Bronco is nothing compared to what members of the Ford team experienced.
2. Feelings of becoming part of a family are even stronger now. That is a good feeling!
Deano Bronc, TK1215

Rank VI

May 14, 2021

I remember when @Hobgoblin posted this thread and I added it to my “Must Do” list. Seemed small aspects of daily living got in the way. Luckily I am currently off camping and the time was right.
I loved “Bring Back Bronco” and the feelings I have after just my first listen. I sense it has changed me in two ways.
1. The waiting period for delivery of my Bronco is nothing compared to what members of the Ford team experienced.
2. Feelings of becoming part of a family are even stronger now. That is a good feeling!
Buzzy, I am so glad that you found the series valuable. It certainly reminds us that we are joining a group of passionate people who have fought for a long time to bring the Bronco back.
Deano Bronc, TK1215

Rank VI

May 14, 2021

Buzzy, I am so glad that you found the series valuable. It certainly reminds us that we are joining a group of passionate people who have fought for a long time to bring the Bronco back.

Like yourself, I plan to listen to the series multiple times. Each time I hope to gain deeper insights into the people who embody the Bronco culture.

In a way, I have been hesitant to attend Bronco events, such as the Super Celebrations, since I had not done my homework in learning about the people connected to the Broncos. For me, that is the valuable component of a visit.

If the planets all align, I will have my Bronco before the 2022 Super Celebration East and when I attend, I will know as much as I can learn about the fun-loving people who have kept the Bronco spirit alive.
Hobgoblin, Deano Bronc