Bloomberg Article: Dude, Where's My Bronco

Hobgoblin
Feb 11, 2022

Rank VI

Feb 11, 2022

Here is a link to an article on those of us waiting for our Broncos. It is from Bloomberg.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...-99s-my-bronco/ar-AATK0l8?ocid=BingNewsSearch
Wissdome, Jungleboy
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2022

Looking for rocks!

Feb 11, 2022

Here is a link to an article on those of us waiting for our Broncos. It is from Bloomberg.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...-99s-my-bronco/ar-AATK0l8?ocid=BingNewsSearch
Really good article. The writer actually took the time to talk to some dealerships instead of just making crap up. Nice work.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Bronco 202?, BuckYeah

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Feb 11, 2022

Wow. Honest article. It should be stickied at the top of the forum.
Joined May 29, 2020 Member 546
Bronco 202?, country roads

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Feb 11, 2022

Really good article. The writer actually took the time to talk to some dealerships instead of just making crap up. Nice work.
2 writers, must be cars guys usually wall st types don't get the car biz and say stupid things.
Bronco 202?, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Feb 11, 2022

What a fantastic and well deserved kick in the stones to Ford… and in the biggest business news content creator that there is.
Bad Lands, Sasquatch, MIC, Lux, Velocity blue
Bronco 202?, MCBronco777

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Feb 11, 2022

What a fantastic and well deserved kick in the stones to Ford… and in the biggest business news content creator that there is. I for one will be sharing this far and wide. Only way a CEO pays attention is when his stock price is dinged.
Its going down, 17.55 now, probably going lower. We'll see where it bottoms out.
Bronco 202?, MCBronco777

Rank III

Feb 11, 2022

great article. sux but it is reality. Thanks for sharing
2Dr, Badlands, High, 2.7L, deleted bumper upgrade & tow pkg, Cactus Gray
Hobgoblin

Rank VI

Feb 11, 2022

great article. sux but it is reality. Thanks for sharing
My pleasure. I interact with Zach quite a bit. We had over 60 Georgia and surrounding area reservations with Granger. That number has dwindled a bit but for the most part people are sticking with them. I am not moving away from them. When my Bronco comes, it comes. Just have to wait it out and hope a bit of this sinks in with Ford leadership. There is enough business to go around.
Deano Bronc, PSUTE

Rank VI

Feb 11, 2022

Nice article, but I'm confused by this part, “It’s really frustrating; it’s frustrating for everyone,” Ford Chief Executive Officer Jim Farley told Bloomberg. “All we can do at this point is scale as fast as we can and break the constraints and communicate to (buyers) what’s realistic.”

That surely doesn't mean what I think it means. Does anyone at Ford really think communicating with buyers should be part of the process?
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Cheeselog, Bronco 202?

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Feb 11, 2022

Nice article, but I'm confused by this part, “It’s really frustrating; it’s frustrating for everyone,” Ford Chief Executive Officer Jim Farley told Bloomberg. “All we can do at this point is scale as fast as we can and break the constraints and communicate to (buyers) what’s realistic.”

That surely doesn't mean what I think it means. Does anyone at Ford really think communicating with buyers should be part of the process?

My interpretation is they are going to increase production, get optional feature parts in the factory to build vehicle customers ordered as fast as they can and tell customers what they can deliver.

But I don't believe a word of it.what they did with the promised priorities has made me leery of believing anything from them. They broke my trust, you don't get trust , you earn it.
Bronco 202?, country roads

Rank III

Feb 11, 2022

My interpretation is they are going to increase production, get optional feature parts in the factory to build vehicle customers ordered as fast as they can and tell customers what they can deliver.

But I don't believe a word of it.what they did with the promised priorities has made me leery of believing anything from them. They broke my trust, you don't get trust , you earn it.
What do you mean, "what they did with the promised priorities"?

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Feb 11, 2022

What do you mean, "what they did with the promised priorities"?
They promised Reservation holders FIRST Priority

Dealers last

Day one reservation holders are being put off while they supply walk ins AND KISS DEALERS ASS. They lied about how priorities were going to be handled.
BearPatrol, JJACK502

Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 12, 2022

Good article. I'm in the same boat as those with orders at Granger and Stephens with my order at Chapman. Those were the big three guaranteeing under MSRP and invoice pricing. Their strategy backfired when Ford screwed them all with their allocation formula. I've accepted the fact that I am looking at 2-3 years out with Chapman so I have a few orders placed with other dealers. Waiting to see which one gets chosen first.
BearPatrol, Bronco 202?

Rank III

Feb 12, 2022

Good article. I'm in the same boat as those with orders at Granger and Stephens with my order at Chapman. Those were the big three guaranteeing under MSRP and invoice pricing. Their strategy backfired when Ford screwed them all with their allocation formula. I've accepted the fact that I am looking at 2-3 years out with Chapman so I have a few orders placed with other dealers. Waiting to see which one gets chosen first.
honestly never thought about doing that! hmmm!

Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 12, 2022

honestly never thought about doing that! hmmm!

Take a look at my post here. It may help.

I may have found the secret to finding the right dealer
TailGunner

Rank VI

Feb 12, 2022

How do multiple orders impact everyone else, what if several orders are "buildable" but you are only interested in one of them. Those additional buildable units push someone else back, and they end up on dealer lots to be sold to the highest bidder?
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
JoergH

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Feb 12, 2022

How do multiple orders impact everyone else, what if several orders are "buildable" but you are only interested in one of them. Those additional buildable units push someone else back, and they end up on dealer lots to be sold to the highest bidder?

yup

I may have found the secret to finding the right dealer

The secret is don't use a dealer in CT. They all suck.
Bronco 202?

Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 12, 2022

Mine are at completely different dealers. If one gets chosen I will cancel the other. My Chapman build is different than my other two. It's a Big Bend Sasquatch. The other two are Black Diamonds. I'll eventually trade which ever BD I get for the BB when it gets built several years down the line.

Rank V

Feb 12, 2022

So if the article is accurate. I should get a 2027 Bronco...and I will still get to pay the 2022 price for it? Maybe I should add this truck to my estate so my granddaughters don't fight over it. My oldest GD will be ready to drive by then and I could be dead!! :eek::sleep:
Big Mikel, BuckYeah

That's a terrible idea, when do we start?

Feb 12, 2022

Mine are at completely different dealers. If one gets chosen I will cancel the other. My Chapman build is different than my other two. It's a Big Bend Sasquatch. The other two are Black Diamonds. I'll eventually trade which ever BD I get for the BB when it gets built several years down the line.
Except the dealer won't actually cancel your order. They will leave it with Ford, and when it's delivered to them, they will tell Ford you walked away. That way they get a nice Bronco for their lot that they can mark up $20-30K and someone ELSE somewhere with the same build that ordered slightly later than you did, gets the shaft.
4 Door BadSquatch | Soft-top | Velocity Blue | 2.7 Auto | Towing | Lux | Leather
Cheeselog, Booback