Black diamond

JTeerman
Jun 30, 2021

Rank IV

Jun 30, 2021

Just wanted to know who is getting a black diamond and what made you choose that one?
Cliffhanger, 14U
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2021

Rank III

Jun 30, 2021

I ordered a 2.7 BD with sas and a bunch other options. It was my favorite trim level do to the stock options and pricing compared to BL. I only wish I could have gotten the high package.
Jae22280, 14U

Formerly True

Jun 30, 2021

I originally ordered a big bend. But after comparing what I built and the black diamond they were pretty much the same so I switched. I'm getting a 2.3L mid mic top tow package.
Jae22280, JTeerman

Rank V

Jul 01, 2021

BD is my build with 2 door, mid pkg, 2.7 auto, tow, bull bar and roof rails. Non-SAS. A51 color.

I was extremely deliberate when choosing my build because I wanted something that I’ll enjoy taking cross country often for work (hence non-squatch) and something highly functional that will handle getting dirty and hold up over time. I’m going to use it as a daily driver and a workhorse until it rusts apart. I like tech but I don’t want it so technically complicated that it’ll be obviously outdated in 3-5 years, hence why mid pkg is enough for me. Lane-keep and remote start are “musts” for me nowadays. Chose A51 over metallic colors because it’ll be cheaper and easier for me to repaint myself when it gets banged up. Washout floors for obvious reasons, plus carpet and cloth don’t stand up to dirt the same way. Chose the bull bar so there’s less of a chance of getting my front end wrecked by some careless turd in the parking lot. Thought long and hard about doing a 4WP fender delete but I don’t think I will, because those cheap plastics are there to protect the stuff that matters.
Going to add an on-board air compressor and several other bells and whistles when the time comes. I’m tired of traveling cross country all the time without the confidence of being higher up from the ground to see better, without 4x4 and without easy access to change tires like my current situation with my sedan.

Another member here once said the BD is the “blue collar bronco” of the lineup and it’s resonated with me, because that’s exactly what it is.
Sdakotabronco, Jae22280

Member 2541 Jerry

Jul 01, 2021

Black Diamond was by far my favorite choice.
I’m not knocking anyone else’s selection.
But for me the Diamond in the rough is exactly what I’m looking for. I don’t need or want the extra gadgets, I really like the standard headlight look. The interior is spot on along with the steel bumpers and rock rails .
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
Jae22280, Deano Bronc

Rank III

Jul 01, 2021

@Broncadonk MKG your build is mine exactly but I added sas. I live close to work and my wife’s car is the family travel vehicle
Jae22280, Broncadonk MKG

Rank V

Jul 01, 2021

@Broncadonk MKG your build is mine exactly but I added sas. I live close to work and my wife’s car is the family travel vehicle

Great minds think alike, then!
Jae22280

Rank IV

Jul 01, 2021

I originally had a big bend just to go cheaper but when the news came out about the MIC tops I switched over to a black diamond 4 door and immediately was happier with that than my original
HoosierDaddy, Jae22280

Rank V

Jul 01, 2021

We got a BD, 2.7L, auto, 4 Door, cactus grey. I bought it to do a full custom build with my wife. suspension, 37's, bumpers, etc.

We have a Badlands coming as well but we don't want to do much to it other then add items that will help overlanding. tent, recovery gear etc.
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage
Jae22280, 14U

Rank II

Jul 01, 2021

I ordered a 2.3L, 7 speed Black Diamond. I wanted a mid-trim level and I'm a big fan of the steelies. I also understand it to be a good stock set up for off-road. It's mainly going to be a drive around town vehicle for me, but I intend to learn about off-roading with it as well. I've never "off-roaded" before.
2021(?) Black Diamond 2.3L, 7 speed
3/19/2021 Order
5280Bronco, Jae22280

Formerly True

Jul 01, 2021

I ordered a 2.3L, 7 speed Black Diamond. I wanted a mid-trim level and I'm a big fan of the steelies. I also understand it to be a good stock set up for off-road. It's mainly going to be a drive around town vehicle for me, but I intend to learn about off-roading with it as well. I've never "off-roaded" before.
You and me are in the same boat. I want to learn so I can explore more of the outdoors and kick my video game addiction.
Jae22280, BDDavidn

Rank V

Jul 01, 2021

There's another in-depth conversation about this in the Black Diamond forum category. I highly recommend checking it out.
But for me, it came down to the cheapest washout interior. The roof comes off. It's going to leak eventually. I'm going to get caught out in the rain without doors or windows eventually. I'm not getting an offroad vehicle only to have stained carpeted floors and stained cloth seats. I want to take my dog places. I want to bring my wet dog back home without the upholstery smelling like wet dog.
I would have gotten the base if the base came with vinyl floors and vinyl seats. I still don't understand why it doesn't. Base models of the F150 come with vinyl seats and vinyl floors.

There's room in the garage for one vehicle. It's got to get me to work in muddy fields. It's got to get me to weddings and funerals. I think the Black Diamond is it.
Manual BD 2 door, tow, roof rails, standard package. Reserve #1031xxx 7/20/20, ordered 3/6/21, reordered 11/16/21. Got the golden email 3/3/22, build scheduled week of 3/21/22.
Sdakotabronco, Jae22280

Rank 0

Jul 01, 2021

I ordered a four door Black Diamond in Iconic Silver, mic top, manual transmission with the 2.3 EcoBoost and the roof rails. I also kept the steelies, but plan to upgrade with an aftermarket wheel. The road salt around here will eat the steel up in a few years.

This will be a third vehicle and dedicated to off-roading, so I chose the the Black Diamond for the price point and the standard features: rear lockers, skid plates and marine grade vinyl seats.
Jae22280, 14U

Rank IV

Jul 01, 2021

I currently have a Black Diamond on order, no vin yet. I am thinking about changing to the Badlands, waiting for it is not an issue as I'm in no real hurry. Just wonder what other thoughts are on BD vs BL. I might not change...can't make my mind up.
Jae22280, Mountainwiitch

Rank 0

Jul 01, 2021

I currently have a Black Diamond on order, no vin yet. I am thinking about changing to the Badlands, waiting for it is not an issue as I'm in no real hurry. Just wonder what other thoughts are on BD vs BL. I might not change...can't make my mind up.

I've thought about this too. For me and my budget the 33" wheels, front locker and sway bar disconnect are not worth the extra $5,000 to upgrade to the Badlands trim.
Jae22280

Rank IV

Jul 01, 2021

You and me are in the same boat. I want to learn so I can explore more of the outdoors and kick my video game addiction.

I will say my bronco will have me outside way more often than I am now
Jae22280, BDDavidn

Rank II

Jul 01, 2021

I also bought the black lug nuts that ford sales. I thought it might be nice to make the whole wheel black.
2021(?) Black Diamond 2.3L, 7 speed
3/19/2021 Order
5280Bronco, Jae22280

Rank IV

Jul 01, 2021

I also bought the black lug nuts that ford sales. I thought it might be nice to make the whole wheel black.
I like that idea
Sdakotabronco, Jae22280

Rank II

Jul 01, 2021

Just wanted to know who is getting a black diamond and what made you choose that one?
I was torn between BD & BL because of the MGV but although I was tempted by the added suspension & 33’s on the BL plus the other off road features, I just love the interior colors of the BD the best! I read that the “cyber orange” grab bar & other interior colors on the BL are actually yellow and that sealed it for me!
BD, 2.7, MIC (changed to soft in hopes but may change it back!) , tow, roof rack (if MIC) but I really prefer the matching body color hard top & fender flares so will be doing that as soon as I can! Probably gonna upgrade to 33’s at the dealership before I drive it off the lot lol
14U

Gladesmen

Jul 01, 2021

My original reservation was for a Black Diamond, 4-door, 2.3L 7-speed mid package, A-51. But this will replace my wife's LTZ suburban and she wants the creature comforts so we are going Badlands, But if I had my way it would be the Black Diamond the most bang for your buck in my opinion. everything I need and nothing I don't.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
14U