Black diamond in person impressions from Barrett Jackson

NickP

Rank III

Super Supporter II

May 20, 2020
Scottsdale, AZ, USA
I didn’t take any pictures (sorry not a picture person!) There are a ton out there but pictures of the bronco do not do it justice. You really have to see it in person.

My parents are getting a non-squatch black diamond. They ABSOLUTELY adored it, my mom was a bit on the fence but after seeing it in person she was 110% sold. They loved the antimatter blue too and are even considering switching to it over rapid red. From my perspective, I absolutely loved it as well. All the pictures make the 32’s look small but in person they look great. Sure some 35’s look even better but there are a ton of downsides for them. If you are worried about the 32’s but are even considering them as an option... I can pretty much guarantee you’ll be happy. (I was worried it would look wimpy next to the Sasquatch first edition but nope still looked really good even in comparison.)

I would describe it as “wearing them well”. A Jeep to look good to me needs at least 33’s, I really think the bronco’s stance with the 32’s was good. They are a pretty aggressive tread for an A/T tire though so that may be why as well. Overall super impressed, buy with confidence whether you’re getting a black diamond with or without sasquatch.

ssolypop

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jan 13, 2021
Hawaii
First Name
Solomon
Last Name
Thompson
I didn’t take any pictures (sorry not a picture person!) There are a ton out there but pictures of the bronco do not do it justice. You really have to see it in person.

My parents are getting a non-squatch black diamond. They ABSOLUTELY adored it, my mom was a bit on the fence but after seeing it in person she was 110% sold. They loved the antimatter blue too and are even considering switching to it over rapid red. From my perspective, I absolutely loved it as well. All the pictures make the 32’s look small but in person they look great. Sure some 35’s look even better but there are a ton of downsides for them. If you are worried about the 32’s but are even considering them as an option... I can pretty much guarantee you’ll be happy. (I was worried it would look wimpy next to the Sasquatch first edition but nope still looked really good even in comparison.)

I would describe it as “wearing them well”. A Jeep to look good to me needs at least 33’s, I really think the bronco’s stance with the 32’s was good. They are a pretty aggressive tread for an A/T tire though so that may be why as well. Overall super impressed, buy with confidence whether you’re getting a black diamond with or without sasquatch.
Thanks for the perspective. I'm BD SAS and thinking of downgrading to non and replacing with slightly larger wheels when those run out of tread :)

5280Bronco

Rank IV

Advocate III

Sep 5, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Williamson
Member #

Thanks for the impressions @NickP, they are much appreciated. We're going non squach BD as our first rig to get us out exploring forest roads and basic trails. We also had a budget, and we couldn't break it for the sasquach package. I think the non squach BD will have enough capability for us at the beginning, and we can always have fun customizing later if we see some things that need to be changed based on our experiences. Heck, we may never need to change anything since i don't have any interest in rock crawling.

tlowell01

Rank VI

Don't delete

Aug 22, 2020
Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Lowell
Member #

It's amazing the perspective that seeing them in person gives you! After seeing a non-squatch Badlands in person at the AZ off-road expo a few months, I was convinced that I do not need the sasquatch and that a BL does look great on 33's. Besides, I'm sure my 5'3 wife will think non-squatch is MORE than big enough as she gets in and out, haba

TXAMOS

Rank 0

Advocate II

Mar 31, 2021
Dallas, TX, USA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Amos
Glad to hear that about the tires. Thanks for the insight. Now if I could only see one in person for myself. Anyone know where I can see one in Texas?

Reactions: NickP