Black diamond in person impressions from Barrett Jackson

NickP
Mar 24, 2021

Rank V

Mar 24, 2021

I didn’t take any pictures (sorry not a picture person!) There are a ton out there but pictures of the bronco do not do it justice. You really have to see it in person.

My parents are getting a non-squatch black diamond. They ABSOLUTELY adored it, my mom was a bit on the fence but after seeing it in person she was 110% sold. They loved the antimatter blue too and are even considering switching to it over rapid red. From my perspective, I absolutely loved it as well. All the pictures make the 32’s look small but in person they look great. Sure some 35’s look even better but there are a ton of downsides for them. If you are worried about the 32’s but are even considering them as an option... I can pretty much guarantee you’ll be happy. (I was worried it would look wimpy next to the Sasquatch first edition but nope still looked really good even in comparison.)

I would describe it as “wearing them well”. A Jeep to look good to me needs at least 33’s, I really think the bronco’s stance with the 32’s was good. They are a pretty aggressive tread for an A/T tire though so that may be why as well. Overall super impressed, buy with confidence whether you’re getting a black diamond with or without sasquatch.
TitsLaRue, nblakew
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2021

Gladesmen

Mar 24, 2021

That was my original build Black Diamond no squatch. I think it will be one of the more popular Broncos in a few years.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
SaddleUpWild, TorgSurv

Rank 0

Mar 24, 2021

I didn’t take any pictures (sorry not a picture person!) There are a ton out there but pictures of the bronco do not do it justice. You really have to see it in person.

My parents are getting a non-squatch black diamond. They ABSOLUTELY adored it, my mom was a bit on the fence but after seeing it in person she was 110% sold. They loved the antimatter blue too and are even considering switching to it over rapid red. From my perspective, I absolutely loved it as well. All the pictures make the 32’s look small but in person they look great. Sure some 35’s look even better but there are a ton of downsides for them. If you are worried about the 32’s but are even considering them as an option... I can pretty much guarantee you’ll be happy. (I was worried it would look wimpy next to the Sasquatch first edition but nope still looked really good even in comparison.)

I would describe it as “wearing them well”. A Jeep to look good to me needs at least 33’s, I really think the bronco’s stance with the 32’s was good. They are a pretty aggressive tread for an A/T tire though so that may be why as well. Overall super impressed, buy with confidence whether you’re getting a black diamond with or without sasquatch.
Thanks for the perspective. I'm BD SAS and thinking of downgrading to non and replacing with slightly larger wheels when those run out of tread :)
MathProf, SaddleUpWild

Rank V

Mar 28, 2021

Thanks for the impressions @NickP, they are much appreciated. We're going non squach BD as our first rig to get us out exploring forest roads and basic trails. We also had a budget, and we couldn't break it for the sasquach package. I think the non squach BD will have enough capability for us at the beginning, and we can always have fun customizing later if we see some things that need to be changed based on our experiences. Heck, we may never need to change anything since i don't have any interest in rock crawling.
MDT, SaddleUpWild

Rank VI

Mar 28, 2021

My order is for a big bend with sqwatch. The reason for is warranted lift. I could save a lot by lifting aftermarket, but the last thing I need to hear on a new platform is “you’ve voided the warranty “.
SaddleUpWild, 5280Bronco

Rank VI

Mar 28, 2021

It's amazing the perspective that seeing them in person gives you! After seeing a non-squatch Badlands in person at the AZ off-road expo a few months, I was convinced that I do not need the sasquatch and that a BL does look great on 33's. Besides, I'm sure my 5'3 wife will think non-squatch is MORE than big enough as she gets in and out, haba
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
SaddleUpWild, 5280Bronco

Rank I

Apr 05, 2021

Glad to hear that about the tires. Thanks for the insight. Now if I could only see one in person for myself. Anyone know where I can see one in Texas?
NickP

Libations MOD

Apr 05, 2021

Glad to hear that about the tires. Thanks for the insight. Now if I could only see one in person for myself. Anyone know where I can see one in Texas?
Search on here I posted all the tour dates, none in TX though
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
TXAMOS