Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

Hey everyone,

I had some time with a preproduction Black Diamond recently and here are some pics. The Bronco was undergoing some improvements so we couldn't do too many full-Bronco pics but Black Diamond has been a bit rare so I thought y'all would like it.

First off, here's the Black Diamond wheel. I liked it quite a bit and the 32in tires felt beefy though I'd still probably go for Sasquatch if I was going BD.
BD-EXT-1.jpg

Next we have the hero switches. It was a pretty stock BD but it had the automatic transmission so you get TTA.
BD-EXT-3.jpg

Here's the front grill.
BD-EXT-6.jpg

Sideview:
BD-EXT-4.jpg

Interior, note the heated seat controls that tip off the Mid package being included here:
BD-EXT-2.jpg

MIC detail, the MICs that we've seen recently are getting MUCH better than the original ones. For example, the one on the Overlander Bronco looked rough, in my opinion. The latest one's I've seen are looking great.
BD-EXT-5.jpg

David

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

Thanks for the pics. What kind of "improvements" was it under going?
It’s a process called graining. Some of the preproduction trim pieces are smooth as opposed to textured. Those trim pieces are removed, textured, painted, and reinstalled.

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

I love that as we are able to dig deeper, the pictures and information keeps showing how nice these vehicles are no matter what trim.

Reactions: Papasquatch

David

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

I love it, thank you very much. I know mine won't look beefy and ready to get into a rock crawling contest without the sasquach, but i still think it will be fun.
You can do a lot just with the rear locker that comes standard with BD. The extra vehicle armor, steel bumper, and rock rails make it pretty capable too.

5280Bronco

Rank IV

Advocate III

Sep 5, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Williamson
Member #

You can do a lot just with the rear locker that comes standard with BD. The extra vehicle armor, steel bumper, and rock rails make it pretty capable too.
I figured we could start there and upgrade as our interest/ability grows. I'll be the biggest limitation as a driver to what it is capable of for quite a while.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

I figured we could start there and upgrade as our interest/ability grows. I'll be the biggest limitation as a driver to what it is capable of for quite a while.
Well, I’ve got a Bronco off-roading school called Bronco Off-Roadeo to tell you about. ;-)

David

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

Thanks for the pics. Excited for a BD walk around
I just hope it's a standard BD walkaround. I've seen all the sasquatch equipped examples i need to see. I need to see the base versions of the lower trims in the walkarounds.
We’d love to see those as well. However, we’re often limited to what Ford has available to film. Trust me, we’re trying to get them.

5280Bronco

Rank IV

Advocate III

Sep 5, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Williamson
Member #

As a second thing of note, that dashboard sure looks textured, which makes me wonder again what the upgraded Instrument Panel is on OBX and above. Thought the dash that wasnt upgraded was going to be smooth. Now I'm more confused. Looks great though.
BD-EXT-3.jpg

Broncadonk MKG

Rank IV

Advocate III

Dec 23, 2020
Manhattan, KS, USA
First Name
Mikayla
Last Name
Gentine
Member #

Hey everyone,

I had some time with a preproduction Black Diamond recently and here are some pics. The Bronco was undergoing some improvements so we couldn't do too many full-Bronco pics but Black Diamond has been a bit rare so I thought y'all would like it.

First off, here's the Black Diamond wheel. I liked it quite a bit and the 32in tires felt beefy though I'd still probably go for Sasquatch if I was going BD.
View attachment 9544

Next we have the hero switches. It was a pretty stock BD but it had the automatic transmission so you get TTA.
View attachment 9545
Here's the front grill.
View attachment 9546
Sideview:
View attachment 9547
Interior, note the heated seat controls that tip off the Mid package being included here:
View attachment 9548
MIC detail, the MICs that we've seen recently are getting MUCH better than the original ones. For example, the one on the Overlander Bronco looked rough, in my opinion. The latest one's I've seen are looking great.
View attachment 9549
How easy do you think it would be to remove the pieces with blue accents and repaint them?

To caveat, how easy do you think it would be to get ahold of paint formulas/ color codes?

I like the blue and all, but I would much rather have those accents match A51 like what’s going to be on the exterior.