Big Bend with LED taillights

Garemlin
Oct 18, 2020

Standing Grumpy Face

Oct 18, 2020

So I saw a video posted on Facebook of a Big Bend and OBX traveling down the highway. As the Big Bend went by the person taking the video you could see that the taillights were LED. You could see the tell tale flicker that LEDs have when recorded on video. This might confirm my theory that you get LED taillights when you get BLIS like other Ford vehicles.

I tried to save the video to post here but you can't do that on FB.
Commodore, Username
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2020

Rank V

Oct 18, 2020

What is BLIS?

Rank VI

Oct 18, 2020

What is BLIS?
Blind Spot Information System (BLIS). Puts an indicator in the side mirror when a car is in the lane next to you.
Garemlin, Bronc96

Rank V

Oct 18, 2020

Blind Spot Information System (BLIS). Puts an indicator in the side mirror when a car is in the lane next to you.
Thanks.

That seems like kind of a weird bundle to force people into...
Commodore

Standing Grumpy Face

Oct 19, 2020

Thanks.

That seems like kind of a weird bundle to force people into...

BLIS comes with the mid package.
Commodore, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Oct 19, 2020

BLIS comes with the mid package.
So do LED taillights come with BLIS, or the mid package?
Commodore

Rank VI

Oct 19, 2020

The mid package description is at the bottom of page two of the link below. Doesn’t talk about lights. The problem is that there is no real description of LED tail lights except the description under the Outer Banks on page two that says the vehicle gets the mid package and then says the model gets signature LED head and tail lights. The Outer Banks and models above get the horizontal light in the headlights. I haven’t seen anything that says any of the lower models will get anything other than LED tail lights, but there is a possibility of a different tail light being available. https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...crossovers/bronco/pdf/21_Bronco_lineup_HR.pdf
Commodore

Standing Grumpy Face

Oct 19, 2020

BLIS on other Ford vehicles comes with LED taillights. It is part of the BLIS option. With the fact that this was a Big Bend with LED taillights it's a reasonable assumption that this one had BLIS and that BLIS comes with LED taillights just like other Ford vehicles. Unless this was one that had the signature lighting option and with that you get LED taillights. We will know more when B&P goes live.
Commodore, Rusty Shackleford

Rank V

Oct 19, 2020

BLIS on other Ford vehicles comes with LED taillights. It is part of the BLIS option. With the fact that this was a Big Bend with LED taillights it's a reasonable assumption that this one had BLIS and that BLIS comes with LED taillights just like other Ford vehicles. Unless this was one that had the signature lighting option and with that you get LED taillights. We will know more when B&P goes live.
Okay so that's a cool bit of info... so if you want the leds but don't want BLIS for whatever reason, you can also get it with the signature lighting. Sweet.

I think BLIS is a cool feature but I just personally don't like my car constantly beeping at me over every little thing.
Commodore

Rank V

Oct 19, 2020

The mid package description is at the bottom of page two of the link below. Doesn’t talk about lights. The problem is that there is no real description of LED tail lights except the description under the Outer Banks on page two that says the vehicle gets the mid package and then says the model gets signature LED head and tail lights. The Outer Banks and models above get the horizontal light in the headlights. I haven’t seen anything that says any of the lower models will get anything other than LED tail lights, but there is a possibility of a different tail light being available. https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...crossovers/bronco/pdf/21_Bronco_lineup_HR.pdf
I guess worse case scenario... you could also just buy the led taillights yourself. The aftermarket might have some cool options as well!
Commodore

Rank VI

Nov 12, 2020

Sweet, would love to have LED taillights with my Big Bend Mid Package selection. . .
TXArchitect - 1719
[O=BRONCO=O]
bigbend4J, Commodore

Rank 0

Nov 18, 2020

On the Q&A that was one Instagram or twitter? they replied it was a packaged deal with the LED option with the headlights. So sounds like you just have to get the signature lighting by that response to get the led taillights.
Commodore

Rank 0

Nov 19, 2020

1605751124694.png
Commodore

Rank V

Feb 11, 2021

I hope this is true, but on the B&P, the taillights don't appear to change when you add the Signature Headlights option. We'll see...
Commodore

Rank 0

Feb 11, 2021

I am at ease with wondering about the signature lighting package. Everything states now that tail lights are included.
bigbend4J, Commodore