Big bend or black diamond

llance0624
Oct 27, 2020

Rank 0

Oct 27, 2020

I reserved a big bend edition, but I’m debating a black diamond. Is that switch possible? And what is everyone’s thought?
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2020

Rank IV

Oct 27, 2020

I like the Big Bend. The sandstone interior is nice. I'm going BB with Sasquatch. They have floor liners for $160.00 which will help keep the carpet clean. If I was going to go non-sasquatch I would go BD for the wheels and tires...
Username

Rank 0

Oct 27, 2020

I'm going Sasquatch regardless, but that marine grade vinyl and the rubberized flooring is real appealing
Bike007b, Cencal Bronco

Rank IV

Oct 27, 2020

I agree it’s nice. I’m still afraid it will be hot.

Standing Grumpy Face

Oct 27, 2020

I'm going Sasquatch regardless, but that marine grade vinyl and the rubberized flooring is real appealing

It was very appealing to me as well. Until I found out they only come in black. Big mistake not offering the MGV in lighter colors.
LoneRanger

Rank VI

Oct 27, 2020

I like both and definitely was attracted to BD's washout floors and MGV seats, however the other items that get it close to Badlands is what tips me to BD (locker, steel bumpers/bash plate and rock rails). Seems like a great value for someone looking to have a budget off road rig from the factory. Although I do like BB's interior color options and that you can add the LED Signature lighting. :)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
14U, BroncoMax

Rank VI

Oct 27, 2020

Also, you can switch trim levels when you place your order, so yes, is possible.
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue

Rank IV

Oct 28, 2020

I like both and definitely was attracted to BD's washout floors and MGV seats, however the other items that get it close to Badlands is what tips me to BD (locker, steel bumpers/bash plate and rock rails). Seems like a great value for someone looking to have a budget off road rig from the factory. Although I do like BB's interior color options and that you can add the LED Signature lighting. :)
I agree! Best Bang for the Buck!!!
BroncoMax

Rank VI

Nov 12, 2020

I did a quick cost comparison between Big Bend and Black Diamond. Just wish the "Mid Package" would stop taking my Manual away! Pretty much, if you want to go off-roading I would pick Black Diamond. You can get it for the same price as Big Bend (or less) and pretty much get all the great perks for hitting the trails. (Pricing based on my area)
  • $37,960 for 2 Door Big bend, 2.3L (Auto), Mid Package, Aux Switch, LED Headlights and Tow
  • $42,350 for 4 Door Big Bend, 2.7L (Auto), Mid Package, Aux Switch, LED Headlights and Tow
    • Includes: Heated front seats, 17” Grey wheels, Fog Lamps and leather wheel.
  • $39,635 2 Door Black Diamond, 2.3L (Auto), Mid Package and Tow Package
  • $42,130 4 Door Black Diamond, 2.3L (Auto), Mid Package ($1,495), Tow Package.
    • Add $1,895 for 2.7L (Auto)
    • What you get that’s not include on Big Bend: HD front Bumper, 7 GOAT Modes, Upgraded Bash Plates, 17” Black “Steelie” Wheels, Overhead Aux Switches, Vinyl Seats and washout.
TXArchitect - 1719
[O=BRONCO=O]
UrbanBigfoot, OverlandWoody

Rank VI

Nov 12, 2020

I agree it’s nice. I’m still afraid it will be hot.
Do Seat Covers and take them off when dirty to wash. Still able to spray down cab (a plus!).
TXArchitect - 1719
[O=BRONCO=O]
BroncoMax, Bronc96

Rank 0

Nov 13, 2020

My top options are the Squatch package, mid level, and 2.7. It seemed for the little extra money the BD seemed like a better option with the upgraded bumpers, skid plates and rock rails.
i also like the marine vinyl.
BroncoMax, Bronc96

Rank VI

Nov 13, 2020

I did a quick cost comparison between Big Bend and Black Diamond. Just wish the "Mid Package" would stop taking my Manual away! Pretty much, if you want to go off-roading I would pick Black Diamond. You can get it for the same price as Big Bend (or less) and pretty much get all the great perks for hitting the trails. (Pricing based on my area)
  • $37,960 for 2 Door Big bend, 2.3L (Auto), Mid Package, Aux Switch, LED Headlights and Tow
  • $42,350 for 4 Door Big Bend, 2.7L (Auto), Mid Package, Aux Switch, LED Headlights and Tow
    • What you get that’s not include on Big Bend: HD front Bumper, 7 GOAT Modes, Upgraded Bash Plates, 17” Black “Steelie” Wheels, Overhead Aux Switches, Vinyl Seats and washout.
And a steel rear bumper on BD
Build week of 7/26....still....no its 8/16 now
Bronc96

Rank II

Nov 14, 2020

I don't understand not having signature lighting available on the Black Diamond, but it is available on the Big Bend.

Rank VI

Nov 14, 2020

I don't understand not having signature lighting available on the Black Diamond, but it is available on the Big Bend.
They know the buyer for the BD and Badlands are looking for similar capability and if they offered that option on the BD they would certainly sell fewer Badlands. It is a classic move to motivate buyers into selecting the higher trim. All manufacturers do it...I'm just thankful Ford brought the Bronco to market with the hardcore capability it will have.
TitsLaRue, BroncoMax

Rank II

Nov 14, 2020

They know the buyer for the BD and Badlands are looking for similar capability and if they offered that option on the BD they would certainly sell fewer Badlands. It is a classic move to motivate buyers into selecting the higher trim. All manufacturers do it...I'm just thankful Ford brought the Bronco to market with the hardcore capability it will have.

I had a feeling that's what it was and not an error on the build and price tool, oh well.

Rank V

Nov 15, 2020

I reserved a big bend edition, but I’m debating a black diamond. Is that switch possible? And what is everyone’s thought?
I reserved a base 2-door. I'm have looked at all the Bronco models. 40k is tops. I finally decided to go with BD because of the interior. Love it. But I asked, begged, pleaded, wished for FORD to make a white interior Bronco......to no avail. I saw and article somewhere that Ford was going to offer a white and grey interior...that maybe justa hoax article, as I can't find it, now. That would my dream. A white Bronco, inside and out. Top too!
Baja on! As Ford Spanked the competition in 1969, in the Baja 1000, NO OTHER AUTOMAKER HAS, replicated in 50 plus years

Rank VI

Nov 15, 2020

I reserved a base 2-door. I'm have looked at all the Bronco models. 40k is tops. I finally decided to go with BD because of the interior. Love it. But I asked, begged, pleaded, wished for FORD to make a white interior Bronco......to no avail. I saw and article somewhere that Ford was going to offer a white and grey interior...that maybe justa hoax article, as I can't find it, now. That would my dream. A white Bronco, inside and out. Top too!
I am with you, white interior would be pretty cool! I also am a big fan of the white top which should be a MY 2022 option. Love the old school look!
BuzzyBud

Rank 0

Apr 02, 2021

I had a feeling that's what it was and not an error on the build and price tool, oh well.
Disappointed that Ford would do that with the BD and Badlands. But I am not taking the bait. I am saving 2000 by going BD and will forego the LED signature lights. But i spent the savings on the Warn winch.

Rank 0

Apr 02, 2021

Yep I’m getting the BD for the same reasons, sure wish signature lighting was offered. Don’t understand that one....
Bronc96