Bestop Trektop Capability

jakecall
May 04, 2022

Rank 0

May 04, 2022

I’m buying a Bestop Trektop for my Bronco, out of curiosity is it easily to fully remove? The OEM top can be removed with 4 people, but I’m curious as to if the Bestop can also be removed this same way or if it’s on there with a ton of bolts and screws.
Last edited by a moderator: May 04, 2022

Rank VI

May 04, 2022

Watch the install of the trek top on lightbrite nation youtube. Its got a ton of bolts. Once its on, its on. If you have a hard top, I'm not sure I'd recommend the trek top for a temp soft-top swap.
2021 4 door Badlands Sasquatch, Rapid red. 2.7, high package. Reserved on 07-19-2020, ordered 01-20-2021, delivered 12-05-2021
ZWSMITH

Rank I

May 16, 2022

I was wondering about this as well. I have a hard top on order, but i definitely want both at some point, just for the ease of up and down of the soft top during spring and fall. So, ideally, I'd like a soft top that I can take completely off a few times a year, put the hardtop on. and be able to switch back and forth occasionally. Does anyone know how much it is to buy the factory soft top after the fact?
ZWSMITH

Rank VI

Sep 21, 2022

Looking at this option on MY23 order. The best top would cost $630 more in conjunction with the MIC vs going MIC and soft top combo. I want to know more about the differences between the factory soft top and the best top. Is $630 worth it to go best top over factory?
4-DR Badlands MT MY23 Velocity Blue MIC Top High Trim beadlock rims KO2's Reservation 7/14/20 Ordered 10/03/22 Build Date 12/03/22 Arrived at Dealership 12/15/22 Home in garage 12/16/22

Rank IV

Sep 23, 2022

Removing the hardtop is easy, two people can do it easily. The Bestop installation is time consuming and you install rubber tape to all the edges to seal out the water. Don’t know if hardtop can be reinstalled over the tape and get a good seal. It is a convertible top so there is some extra noise associated with it but I do not find it as annoying as the wind noise you get with the hardtop. It looks good as well.

Attachments