Bestop 2DR Bikini (Bimini) top - worsetop?

Xpathf1nderX
May 06, 2022

GASQUATCH

May 06, 2022

Finally getting to the point I pulled the hard top and installed my fancy new bikini top from Bestop (ford order).

Wow...what a piece of crap.

Hey Bestop, could you not add 4" all the way around and have some anchor points so water just doesnt come in? The front doesnt even attach to anthing but 2 clips, so when you start driving, the front flips up like Gilligan's hat on the SS Minnow. And what about that hole on the back? WTH? It requires you to use your Torx 50 bolts from the hard top removal, so even though it is kinds intended to leave it on under your hard top, you really cant because you used your Torx 50 for the center bow.

I think this was like 42000 points or $210 is a terrible disappointment. I cant believe it wont even cover the roll bar. Makes no sense at all.

I give it a F.

PXL_20220506_170626604.MP.jpgPXL_20220506_170720316.MP.jpgPXL_20220506_170732796.MP.jpgPXL_20220506_170812806.MP.jpgPXL_20220506_170815629.MP.jpg
2022 Badlands / Sasquatch / 2.7 / Auto / 2DR / MIC / Bestop Trektop / LUX / 12000# Badland winch / in Hot Pepper Red
Darrel
Last edited by a moderator: May 06, 2022

Moab or bust!!!

May 06, 2022

Finally getting to the point I pulled the hard top and installed my fancy new bikini top from Bestop (ford order).

Hey Bestop, could you not add 4" all the way around and have some anchor points so water just doesnt come in? The front doesnt even attach to anthing but 2 clips, so when you start driving, the front flips up like Gilligan's hat on the SS Minnow. And what about that hole on the back? WTH? It requires you to use your Torx 50 bolts from the hard top removal, so even though it is kinds intended to leave it on under your hard top, you really cant because you used your Torx 50 for the center bow.

I think this was like 42000 points or $210 is a terrible disappointment. I cant believe it wont even cover the roll bar. Makes no sense at all.

I give it a F.

View attachment 35289View attachment 35290View attachment 35291View attachment 35292View attachment 35293
I've never installed one but are you sure it's not upside down? Shouldn't that hole in the back go over the XM radio hump in the back? I believe the hump is on the other half of the top roll bar.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
frdfan, Rydfree

Rank V

May 06, 2022

The fitting on that top looks so wrong.. lol

When I actually have a delivery date for my bronco, I’ll be getting this top:

https://www.jtopsusa.com/bronco
They even have a hard top version that you can leave on with the hardtop.
T2D_Gaming, frdfan

Rank V

May 06, 2022

I give it a F.

View attachment 35289View attachment 35290View attachment 35291View attachment 35292View attachment 35293
I've never installed one but are you sure it's not upside down? Shouldn't that hold in the back go over the XM radio hump in the back? I believe the hump is on the other half of the top roll bar.

And yeah, he’s right, that hole in the back is supposed to go over the XM antenna.. I think it’s upside down

Which means the front will fit differently with what appears to be some sort of button connector
Darrel, Rydfree

Moab or bust!!!

May 06, 2022

I really like that top except that's its not as easy to remove as some of the others. I guess that's the price you have to pay for a really good fitting top.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Darrel, quornee

GASQUATCH

May 06, 2022

And yeah, he’s right, that hole in the back is supposed to go over the XM antenna.. I think it’s upside down

Which means the front will fit differently with what appears to be some sort of button connector

I spoke to bestop about this as I thought they had the template upside down (the underside is canvass, it inst upside down) and they tried to tell me its so I can access my hardtop mounting brackets..... ????? I still think the template is upside down when they cut it and is intended to allow the GPS antenna to stick thru.
2022 Badlands / Sasquatch / 2.7 / Auto / 2DR / MIC / Bestop Trektop / LUX / 12000# Badland winch / in Hot Pepper Red

Rank V

May 06, 2022

I spoke to bestop about this as I thought they had the template upside down (the underside is canvass, it inst upside down) and they tried to tell me its so I can access my hardtop mounting brackets..... ????? I still think the template is upside down when they cut it and is intended to allow the GPS antenna to stick thru.

Yeah, I see the difference in material on the underside in your last two pics. You have a point, it almost looks like they had it upside down when it was manufactured.

Maybe someone with a working Bestop Bimini can provide some insight..

🐎Moab bound🐎

May 06, 2022

That bikini top looks aweful. But, you do not have it upside down, from the pictures, the side that you have down should not be on top! Bestop messed up something, imo. Hope you get it resolved!
Hi y'all, Lauri here and I am the proud owner of a MY21 Badlands, SAS, 2.7 auto, 4 door, soft top, Cactus Gray, no reservation, ordered 9/11/21, Took delivery 1/8/22!
Deano Bronc, quornee

Rank V

May 06, 2022

I'm planning on the JTop once my order is built, looks to be much better quality and fit.
22 BB 4dr SAS 2.7 Mid Pkg Hot Pepper Red, Delivered 8/25
Previous 2019 F150 Ruby Red SCrew 3.5 Eco, XLT Sport/FX4 302A

Rank 0

May 20, 2022

Just fitted the bimini. I too thought the hole in the back is on the wrong side, but it does line up with an accessory mount position for something like a whip antenna, so assume it is in the right place. Still looks weird and think there should be 2 holes. But here's the bigger issue - the crossbar bolts into the same holes as the MIC hardtop on the 2 door. So you have to move the cross bar to the more forward holes on the mounting bracket when putting on your MIC hardtop and then it sags above the drivers head. This just seems wrong. I haven't even tried to install the 2 removable roof sections yet to see if those will fit with the bimini on. Anyone figure this whole thing out yet?

Rank V

May 20, 2022

Manufacturing error. If you sent them pictures it should be obvious to them. That doesn't mean it will necessarily work better, but at least it will have the hole in the right place.

That is the Bimini Soft Canvas. I'm curious how it may differ in execution from the Bimini Mesh Shade.
2D Base Mansquatch: Ord 11-24-2021; VIN 3-16-2022; Schd 5/9/22; Sticker 5/4/22; Modules 5/10/22;Built 5/11/22;Shipt 5/12/22;Delv 5/24/22
Darrel

Rank I

May 20, 2022

I will probably get this one as well.

Rank 0

May 20, 2022

Mike, I have the Mesh Safari Bimini Sunshade. Hole is still on the right hand side, opposite side of the Sirius or GPS antenna, and as weird as it looks I think it is right since there is an accessory mount spot that lines up with the hole, which I assume is where you'd mount a CB antenna or long whip flag for riding in the dunes. The Sirius antenna works just fine through my MIC hardtop, so it also works fine through the mesh shade. I'd prefer two holes and the fit would be cleaner with two, but I'm assuming this is the logic for the right hand hole. The cross bar actually needs to mount on top of the MIC tongue plate, which makes for a bit more bolting when taking MIC on/off with the bimini in place, so aside for a bit more rigamarole this works too I guess. It's wifey's Bronco and I just want to make it easier for her to do alone, but she's got it now and can even install or remove the MIC alone.
mike8675309

🐎Moab bound🐎

May 21, 2022

I will probably get this one as well.
I got JTop too, 4dr st. Hope it gets here soon. The sun is brutal right now in NM, so I haven't taken the top off yet. But, I do have my Bronco. It's a win/win.
Hi y'all, Lauri here and I am the proud owner of a MY21 Badlands, SAS, 2.7 auto, 4 door, soft top, Cactus Gray, no reservation, ordered 9/11/21, Took delivery 1/8/22!

O-===-O BRONCO, Trail Rated is standard

Jul 07, 2022

I give it a F.

That's the one I got. Promptly returned it. Ford Accessories was easy to deal with regarding return that's the best I can say about it.