Jul 12, 2022

Rank V

Jul 12, 2022

Thoughts and suggestions for best way to mount GoPro using accessory dash
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2022

Life is a Highway

Jul 12, 2022

Thoughts and suggestions for best way to mount GoPro using accessory dash
If you enter BYOD rail into the search bar it will pull up numerous posts and threads containing different options that are available. A lot to look at.
BRNCOOZ

Rank V

Jul 12, 2022

If you enter BYOD rail into the search bar it will pull up numerous posts and threads containing different options that are available. A lot to look at.
I found just a few BYOD rails but seems like its over complicating the gopro mount, I might just have to make my own minimalist concept XD
TK1215

No Ragerts

Jul 12, 2022

Just use a 1/4x20 threaded male to male thumb screw into the dash and the GoPro and you are all set!
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
BRNCOOZ, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jul 12, 2022

Just use a 1/4x20 threaded male to male thumb screw into the dash and the GoPro and you are all set!
OO nice thank you, I'll try pairing with this and let you know how it goes once they deliver .. Hopefully the mounts line up to face the windshield and not the driver/pass. window
Bschurr

Rank III

Jul 13, 2022

2022 murdered OBX SAS
BRNCOOZ, TK1215

Rank V

Jul 13, 2022

These marketers are so good man, if you notice the rear view mirror is almost never shown in the photos or videos. I'm guessing its cus once installed it just takes up the entire mid-view of your glass. especially if I were to mount my iphone Max

Rank V

Jul 14, 2022

OO nice thank you, I'll try pairing with this and let you know how it goes once they deliver .. Hopefully the mounts line up to face the windshield and not the driver/pass. window

How it looks:

Attachments

adcam, Bschurr

Moab or bust!!!

Jul 14, 2022

How it looks:
Looks great. Simple and cheap. Any issues to get it to face the correct direction and yet still tight?
I guess it would be possible to put different thickness nylon washers or shims.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Bschurr

Rank V

Jul 14, 2022

Looks great. Simple and cheap. Any issues to get it to face the correct direction and yet still tight?
I guess it would be possible to put different thickness nylon washers or shims.
Actually yes, I had to put some superglue into the hole of the top (gopro) mount before screwing in the middle (1/4 male) piece, and let it dry overnight, so far its holding but hitting a trail this saturday so Im interested to see if it will hold in rugged circumstances.
Bschurr, Deano Bronc

Trusted and Carefree

Jul 14, 2022

Anyone have any problems with that accessory point on the dash staying put? Archetype Racing has a replacement piece that gives you three threaded mounts

https://archetyperacing.com/products/ar-slap-bpm
They say that some folks have had issues with the threaded nut detaching from the plastic piece. I don't know if this is true, but I do like their product designs.
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco

No Ragerts

Jul 14, 2022

Anyone have any problems with that accessory point on the dash staying put? Archetype Racing has a replacement piece that gives you three threaded mounts

https://archetyperacing.com/products/ar-slap-bpm
They say that some folks have had issues with the threaded nut detaching from the plastic piece. I don't know if this is true, but I do like their product designs.
Mine came out but it’s a simple fix. With 1 screw, the whole plastic assembly come off the top of the dash and you can just rethread the nut back on. I used a dab of thread locker to keep it put!

Here’s my current phone set up
665AE87D-14D1-40ED-BCC8-31C2E5D501FD.jpeg
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
BRNCOOZ, Mal

Rank V

Jul 14, 2022

Mine came out but it’s a simple fix. With 1 screw, the whole plastic assembly come off the top of the dash and you can just rethread the nut back on. I used a dab of thread locker to keep it put!

Here’s my current phone set up
View attachment 39831
Where does your charging wire come from

No Ragerts

Jul 14, 2022

Where does your charging wire come from
I hardwired a 12v power supply with a dual USB output under the steering column and ran a lightning cable up and out of the top of the right side of the dashboard under the gauge cluster to power my phone.

130C4CDF-4EB3-4083-8BE0-411CB9C45346.jpeg
adcam, Mal