Best floor mats?? Weathertech, husky, ford or other??

yoderman
Mar 02, 2022

Rank III

Mar 02, 2022

I am about to order a set for my 4-door big bend (over carpet). Can’t find a post where folks who own them compared the brands and quality of fit and materials. I am thinking weathertech, as a few people on the forums said they fit amazing with the laser fit option. A few other people said the ford mats were pretty average, which surprises me given all the effort ford put into designing these beasts. I would think they would be perfect fit and high quality. Husky traditionally has pretty nice mats. Price points seem to be ford at around $160, husky $180 and weathertech at $210. For the small difference in price, price won’t be deciding factor. I welcome any feedback from those who have compared and purchased a set. Thanks.
BroncoBill44
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 02, 2022

Rank VI

Mar 02, 2022

Love my Ford Bronco rubber mats! Fit perfect and they say BRONCO. Best part.
Kathleen
OBX, 4D, Soft top, 2.7, Cyber Orange, Lux, Tow, BO Leather; Order 4/3, Prod Week 11/29, Blend Date 12/1, Delivery 12/11/21
VT Bronco, Bronco Barb

Rank V

Mar 02, 2022

I have used both Weathertech and Husky in the past but prefer the Husky WeatherBeaters. The door sill edge isn’t quite as pronounced as the Weathertechs and as such you don’t catch it with the tread on you boots. The WeatherBeaters are also stiff enough that you can pick them up like a tray and dump the dirt outside. I’ve had the set in my Ram for eight years and almost 210,000 miles of driving and have never once considered replacing them. I also have a set of Husky’s sitting in the closet patiently waiting on my Bronco to arrive.

Rank V

Mar 02, 2022

Picked mine up in sloppy weather. Went to Wally world on an errand. Wife said we need floor mats. $19 bucks. Seem to be working out fine...
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery
EvlNvrDys, Sdakotabronco

Rank V

Mar 02, 2022

I was considering between Ford and WeatherTech and was leaning toward WeatherTech… BUT, I may be missing something but I don’t see a second row mat for a 4D bronco?

Rank VI

Mar 02, 2022

Weathertech & Husky seem to be a popular choice. Like @Kathleen I went with the Ford ones because they say BRONCO on them, and they work just fine. If I didn't add them to my build, I would've been like @PSUTE and just waited til the carpet mats wore out and picked up a cheap set after that.
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
Kathleen

Pitter Patter Let's Get At 'Er!

Mar 02, 2022

I have used weather tech in the past and they always ended up rolling/crinkling on all sides. I still have my Husky mats that i bought when i got my my 2017 F-150 and so far after all the Chicago land winters they haven't rolled yet and still fit like a glove.
Big Bend| 4DR | Hardtop | Velocity Blue | Mid Package | Black Onyx Intr | Sasquatch.
Built -
4/19/22 | Delivered - 7/18/22

Rank IV

Mar 02, 2022

I was considering between Ford and WeatherTech and was leaning toward WeatherTech… BUT, I may be missing something but I don’t see a second row mat for a 4D bronco?
They are available from Ford as a set for 4dr for $180.
Kathleen

Rank III

Mar 02, 2022

Love my Ford Bronco rubber mats! Fit perfect and they say BRONCO. Best part.

Here’s what the Ford mats look like if you live the cold, salty life. I’m happy with them, and the Bronco is super cool!

Attachments

Cornwelltoolman, 73chesney

Rank III

Mar 03, 2022

Weather tech seem to warp and look like crap if used by construction workers, definitely don't hold up. They are probably ok for an office worker. I have been using Maxliners in my Super Duty for 3 years now and they look new and fit great. I haven't checked to see if they make them for the Bronco yet.

Rank V

Mar 04, 2022

Weather tech seem to warp and look like crap if used by construction workers, definitely don't hold up. They are probably ok for an office worker. I have been using Maxliners in my Super Duty for 3 years now and they look new and fit great. I haven't checked to see if they make them for the Bronco yet.
I have the weather tech in my truck. I would not buy them again.

Rank VI

Mar 04, 2022

Great thread. I was wondering myself. I bought Husky on price point for my Escape in 2014 and they are going strong. Easy to clean. Good to hear the reports on WeatherTech. They have great marketing. I never would have guessed there were issues.
7/14/20 Res - 2/1/22 VIN - 3/1 In Prod - 3/9 Built - 3/15 at dealer - 3/17 Deliverd
WT, 4DR, MIC, CO, Lux, Leather, Tow

Rank VI

Mar 04, 2022

Here’s what the Ford mats look like if you live the cold, salty life. I’m happy with them, and the Bronco is super cool!
Mine look like that too. WI winters...
7/14/20 Res - 2/1/22 VIN - 3/1 In Prod - 3/9 Built - 3/15 at dealer - 3/17 Deliverd
WT, 4DR, MIC, CO, Lux, Leather, Tow
AllthePonies

Rank IV

Mar 04, 2022

Sure looks like the Ford Bronco mat does not protect the carpet under the pedals. I guess it was designed that way for a reason.

Rank III

Mar 05, 2022

Sure looks like the Ford Bronco mat does not protect the carpet under the pedals. I guess it was designed that way for a reason.

I have the rubber Ford mats in three of my cars. I’ve never had an issue with the spot under the pedals.
Kathleen

Rank IV

Mar 05, 2022

Got the Ford ones and they look and fit great, dealer got me a good price for them
AllthePonies

Rank 0

Mar 06, 2022

There is an option on the ford website to choose 2 or 4 door mats. I have a 4 door and it comes in 4 pieces. Two up front and the back is split in two mats with an overlap. So far I like them, they do scuff but they’re rubber so feel like they’ll clean up easy with a wet cloth. Chose this vs WeatherTech because I wanted the matching rear cargo mat as well and WeatherTech didn’t offer it.
Kathleen

Rank 0

Mar 06, 2022

Ford 4 door and rear cargo mats… live in SoCal and haven’t gotten her dirty yet but they look and fit great so far!

Attachments

JoergH, Kathleen

Rank VI

Mar 06, 2022

I have the Bronco rubber mats in my badlands. Love em.

I’m not a fan of the weather tech laser measured. Too stiff, hard to clean, never fit just right. Have them in our expedition family hauler.

I do like the less expensive rubber weather techs! Have in two other vehicles. Like the pliable rubber, easy to clean, etc. Coverage isn’t quite as good though…
2021 badlands, 2.3, MT, rapid red, soft top

Rank III

Mar 07, 2022

Thanks for all the great replies. Bronco nation peeps have the inside scoop. I wound up with the 4-door ford bronco mats for carpet. They fit perfectly, don’t have a large edge to catch your feet on and seem sturdy enough for years of average use. And I got them for $150 with the ford accessories 15% discount my dealer gave me.

Attachments

robatl067, JoergH