BD/BB Mid package w/ manual trans

CronchyPickle
Mar 21, 2021

Rank 0

Mar 21, 2021

So my perfect build was either a BB or BD with manual and the mid package. Come to find out, Ford does NOT let you combine the manual with the mid package until you get up to the Badlands model. Total bummer. Really want those heated seats.
But then I get to wondering why they would restrict you like that. And I saw on a trim comparison that the BB already comes with heated seats?
Is this right? Does the BB and up come stock with heated seats? This would make send why they wouldn't let you pair the mid package because then you would be OVERPAYING for the rest of the mid package features.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2021

Rank V

Mar 21, 2021

No, you need to get the mid package to get heated seats. I think that is just a misprint in the documentation.
itsjustscott, CronchyPickle

Rank 0

Mar 21, 2021

No, you need to get the mid package to get heated seats. I think that is just a misprint in the documentation.
Good to know. Thanks!
5280Bronco

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Mar 21, 2021

I was gonna original go with Black Jack prior to them restricting Mid, bummer right?

Didnt need Badlands, and Ill be pissed if in the future, it's like "Oh Hey, guess what..."

Oh well, at least they'll be built soon enough
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics

Rank IV

Mar 21, 2021

Good to know. Thanks!

Just an FYI; but when you add heated seats in BD, you lose the washout floor option. (you'll get carpet instead)
2022 2 Door Black Diamond • 2.7L V6 • Eruption Green •
• Res 7/20 • Ordered 1/21 • Built 6/14/22 •
• Shipped 7/15/22 • Delivered 7/29/22 •

Rank II

Mar 22, 2021

Just an FYI; but when you add heated seats in BD, you lose the washout floor option. (you'll get carpet instead)

Got a source for that? Not only have I never heard that BD has an option to NOT get the headliner for interior baths.

In B&P it also states you have MGV and plugs with MID, and my dealer confirmed that.

I'd add the OBX has drains under the carpet, worse case is that but I highly doubt it; BD was built for abuse.

Rank IV

Mar 22, 2021

That is incorrect. You can have heated seats with MGV and washout floor on the BD. You always get MGV and washout floor with the Black Diamond.

You lose the washout floor when you select leather seats on the Badlands model. That is what you are thinking of.
14U, Bronc96

Rank 0

Mar 22, 2021

And that's only possible with the Auto transmission correct?
ATC Enthusiast

Home, home on the range

Mar 22, 2021

Every time I tried to pair it up with the manual it would change to the automatic. I think you can get the BL with the manual and a upgraded package but was too expensive for me.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
Bronc96, ATC Enthusiast

Rank IV

Mar 22, 2021

Every time I tried to pair it up with the manual it would change to the automatic. I think you can get the BL with the manual and a upgraded package but was too expensive for me.

You can only get Manual transmission with mid/high/lux packages on Badlands. Nowhere else. This was clarified by Ford months ago.
Bronc96

Life is a Highway

Mar 22, 2021

You are correct it automatically puts in the 10 spd auto trans with the mid package. Would have to get the Badlands
Bronc96, ATC Enthusiast

Rank 0

Mar 25, 2021

First time poster. I had to get the 2 door with manual without exception. I was a little disappointed by being limited to the Standard Package, but manual is worth it. If I get bumped to the 2022 model, do y'all think that other/different options will be available, e.g. mid package?

Bronco BLACK DIAMOND 2 Door:
2.3L EcoBoost Engine
7-Speed Manual Transmission
17" Black Gloss-Painted Steel Wheel
LT265/70R17 All-Terrain (A/T) Tires(32")
Oxford White
Marine Grade Vinyl Seats with Dark Space Gray
Black Diamond with Std Package
Front Bumper - Heavy-Duty Modular
doublebullout, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Mar 26, 2021

First time poster. I had to get the 2 door with manual without exception. I was a little disappointed by being limited to the Standard Package, but manual is worth it. If I get bumped to the 2022 model, do y'all think that other/different options will be available, e.g. mid package?

Bronco BLACK DIAMOND 2 Door:
2.3L EcoBoost Engine
7-Speed Manual Transmission
17" Black Gloss-Painted Steel Wheel
LT265/70R17 All-Terrain (A/T) Tires(32")
Oxford White
Marine Grade Vinyl Seats with Dark Space Gray
Black Diamond with Std Package
Front Bumper - Heavy-Duty Modular
Welcome to the forum! I’m with you on this one, 2 door and 7MT are must for me as well.
TK1215

Rank VI

Mar 26, 2021

Welcome aboard @IH8PEAS and congrats on your Bronc order! Excellent choice on the BD, was my original build but manual was one of my "must haves" and Mrs. Bronc96 wanted heated seats so had to go BL. (y)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue