Champion I

Oct 24, 2020
Sioux Falls, SD, USA
First Name
Linda
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Very nice! Is this the mannequin? Looking at the sticker I guess I didn't realize the sasquatch package didn't include the modular bumper. This looks great but much more expensive than my Black Diamond build.

Reactions: TK1215

GoldSwan

Rank 0

Advocate II

Apr 20, 2021
MA
First Name
Lauren
Last Name
Erickson
Very nice! Is this the mannequin? Looking at the sticker I guess I didn't realize the sasquatch package didn't include the modular bumper. This looks great but much more expensive than my Black Diamond build.
It IS the dealer’s mannequin order. Just came in this morning so they wouldn’t let me sit in it nor even open the door. Hopefully by my next day off that will have changed and I can get a test drive…or even a test sit! I was told they couldn’t sell it for 6 months or 2000 miles whichever came first. (A little bit different from other limits I’ve read here)

Sdakotabronco

Rank VI

Champion I

Oct 24, 2020
Sioux Falls, SD, USA
First Name
Linda
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

It IS the dealer’s mannequin order. Just came in this morning so they wouldn’t let me sit in it nor even open the door. Hopefully by my next day off that will have changed and I can get a test drive…or even a test sit! I was told they couldn’t sell it for 6 months or 2000 miles whichever came first. (A little bit different from other limits I’ve read here)
Not even sit in it???? Wow!!! Talk about a spolied kid with a new toy!!! That's just nuts. It's not like you could do anything to it. I hope you do get a test drive soon. Good luck!

BlackDog

Rank 0

Advocate II

Dec 14, 2020
Michigan, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
C
Member #

my dealer got their lot bronc its a 4dr wild track sas. It was their for 30 minutes and they unlocked it for us and let us tinker with everything on it. Even removing the soft top-with sales supervision. Couldn't drive it yet but seats were folded and adjusted sat in slid back slid forward tilted. About as much fun without removing doors or driving.

Pakrat

Rank IV

Don't delete

Dec 15, 2020
Lake Tahoe, United States
First Name
Jud
Last Name
Gutheil
Wow. Still hard to believe they would put constrained items on a demo :cry:.

GoldSwan

Rank 0

Advocate II

Apr 20, 2021
MA
First Name
Lauren
Last Name
Erickson
Just back from my dealer and a test drive...now I REALLY can’t wait for my Bronco to be built!!!!!! At 5’4”, I had to climb waaaaay up into the Sasquatch but once inside there are plenty of adjustments that can be made to the seat and the steering wheel so I can drive with confidence (can touch the pedals without the wheel right in my chest). Plenty of power in the 2.7L engine; smooth ride over bumps - still a truck but smooth; good visibility all around; and comfortable seats, front and back.
I was surprised how short the windshield was, but headroom is excellent (even my 6’4” brother will have plenty of room). The agony of waiting continues, especially now that I know what I’m waiting for.

GoldSwan

Rank 0

Advocate II

Apr 20, 2021
MA
First Name
Lauren
Last Name
Erickson
That soft top looks lose as all get out! No thanks!
I can’t say I heard any “flapping” noises driving it on the highway and the tire/road noise was certainly at an acceptable level. Our conversation didn’t increase in volume to overcome any wind/road noise. The latches to hold the roof in place are very sturdy and tight. Yes, it’s easy to open the soft top but it felt tight closed, while driving. That said, I’m still glad I ordered the hardtop...it’s still New England and snow is an issue.

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion II

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

I can’t say I heard any “flapping” noises driving it on the highway and the tire/road noise was certainly at an acceptable level. Our conversation didn’t increase in volume to overcome any wind/road noise. The latches to hold the roof in place are very sturdy and tight. Yes, it’s easy to open the soft top but it felt tight closed, while driving. That said, I’m still glad I ordered the hardtop...it’s still New England and snow is an issue.
The windows at least just look either cheap or they don't fit correctly with the wrinkles in them. Guess they better work on their softtop manufacture next LOL

Sdakotabronco

Rank VI

Champion I

Oct 24, 2020
Sioux Falls, SD, USA
First Name
Linda
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

The softtop I had on my last little suv zipped on so the windows were tight. A royal pain to remove but never had any issues with them. I wonder if the sag in the Bronco softtop windows could be fixed by somehow shortning the straps that hold the fasteners? I have no idea how that could be done though

Heske007

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Feb 28, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Hess
Member #

Jeff is my sales Rep at SunnySide Ford and pinged me to schedule a test drive, hope he'll let me drive up to the mountain!!!!

GoldSwan

Rank 0

Advocate II

Apr 20, 2021
MA
First Name
Lauren
Last Name
Erickson
Jeff is my sales Rep at SunnySide Ford and pinged me to schedule a test drive, hope he'll let me drive up to the mountain!!!!
Did you recognize Sunnyside from the pictures? I went all over Holden and into West Boylston, on the highway and over all the bumpy roads. Rode great and attracted lots of attention.
Is your Bronco scheduled yet?

Heske007

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Feb 28, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Hess
Member #

Did you recognize Sunnyside from the pictures? I went all over Holden and into West Boylston, on the highway and over all the bumpy roads. Rode great and attracted lots of attention.
Is your Bronco scheduled yet?
Saw Sunnyside from the window sticker lol. I’m a code 99 because I am a SAS with painted mod top, tow package etc

R11

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Oct 17, 2020
Virginia
www.basequatch.com
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Menna
As a basequatch dude who seriously considered a Black Diamond (which I still respect), I gotta point out, to be fair, that's because a Black Diamond doesn't get 4 really nice upgraded shocks, a stronger front axle, or a front locker, and has 3" smaller tires and a lower final drive gear ratio.