Base to Black Diamond

AmCap76
Feb 26, 2021

Rank IV

Feb 26, 2021

After a great deal of consideration, I stopped by my dealer today and changed my order from 2 door Base in AMB to Black Diamond in VB.
I can’t seem to order my ideal build, but I feel this is a still a good value.
TitsLaRue, SaddleUpWild
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2021

Moab or bust!!!

Feb 26, 2021

After a great deal of consideration, I stopped by my dealer today and changed my order from 2 door Base in AMB to Black Diamond in VB.
I can’t seem to order my ideal build, but I feel this is a still a good value.
Great choice. I think BD has a lot of options for the money and you get the MGV seats.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
SaddleUpWild, Steve777468

Rank IV

Feb 26, 2021

Great choice. I think BD has a lot of options for the money and you get the MGV seats.
MGV seats and locking rear diff, worth the up charge.
MrJimmy, SaddleUpWild

Rank I

Feb 27, 2021

Good choice. I do think the BD is the best "Bang for Buck" stock model.
7/14/20 - 12/28/21
2-Door Base | Rapid Red | Sasquatch | 2.7 | Mod Bumper | Aux Switches
SaddleUpWild, Deano Bronc

Rank III

Feb 27, 2021

Good choice. I do think the BD is the best "Bang for Buck" stock model.

Cant go wrong either way, but I think BaseSquatch takes the award for Best Bang for Buck.
SaddleUpWild, RiverWolf

Rank I

Feb 27, 2021

Cant go wrong either way, but I think BaseSquatch takes the award for Best Bang for Buck.
Yeah, among optioned vehicles I agree with you. That's why I changed my own order from BD to Base+Squatch. I was just saying if someone were buying a model, the BD is the best value for staying "stock".
7/14/20 - 12/28/21
SaddleUpWild, Midnight Blue

Rank IV

Feb 27, 2021

If only Ford offered it with a manual, I know it’s supposedly going to be available in MY22, but I want it as soon as possible.
In a perfect world, I’d order a BaseSquatch with a manual transmission and MGV seats. But, I’ll be happy with the Bronco I ordered, some day.
ATC Enthusiast, SaddleUpWild

Rank I

Feb 27, 2021

If only Ford offered it with a manual, I know it’s supposedly going to be available in MY22, but I want it as soon as possible.
In a perfect world, I’d order a BaseSquatch with a manual transmission and MGV seats. But, I’ll be happy with the Bronco I ordered, some day.

The young man inside of me had visions of nostalgia shifting through a manual, but the old man I am said do you really want to be rowing gears daily with a 4.71? Also, I'm not sure about how the manual works (I know the auto shifter in my most current F-150 is not connected to the trans, because I've knocked it out of gear at speed and nothing changed) - so fly-by-wire?

The MGV seats and washable floorboard do sound cool, but I've had cloth in both my '86 Bronco and 2 F-150's (only my current Lariat has leather), and a set of seat covers work well enough (never had the urge or need to wash it out, just wet vac and steam clean).

I do wish Ford (along with other manufacturers) would allow for full a la carte builds, or at least the good-old-boy customization we could pull off back in the '70's.
7/14/20 - 12/28/21
ATC Enthusiast, SaddleUpWild

Rank V

Feb 27, 2021

The young man inside of me had visions of nostalgia shifting through a manual, but the old man I am said do you really want to be rowing gears daily with a 4.71? Also, I'm not sure about how the manual works (I know the auto shifter in my most current F-150 is not connected to the trans, because I've knocked it out of gear at speed and nothing changed) - so fly-by-wire?

The MGV seats and washable floorboard do sound cool, but I've had cloth in both my '86 Bronco and 2 F-150's (only my current Lariat has leather), and a set of seat covers work well enough (never had the urge or need to wash it out, just wet vac and steam clean).

I do wish Ford (along with other manufacturers) would allow for full a la carte builds, or at least the good-old-boy customization we could pull off back in the '70's.
With you RW. My age was biggest factor in going with the auto trans. Other than that, working hard to stay young at heart for as long as possible!

Ah, the 70's. some fond memories there!
Badlands 2dr, Sas, 2.7, Lux, Erupt Grn, Res 8/27/20, MY21-1/29/21
MY22-10/21/21, Sch 8/22/22, Blt 8/29/22, Ship 9/1/22, Del 9/16/22
SaddleUpWild, Deano Bronc

Life is a Highway

Feb 28, 2021

With you RW. My age was biggest factor in going with the auto trans. Other than that, working hard to stay young at heart for as long as possible!

Ah, the 70's. some fond memories there!
That is where my misguided youth went full steam ahead!
SaddleUpWild, AmCap76

Rank IV

Feb 28, 2021

If this was going to be a daily driver, I’d probably opt for the auto.