Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

After a great deal of consideration, I stopped by my dealer today and changed my order from 2 door Base in AMB to Black Diamond in VB.
I can’t seem to order my ideal build, but I feel this is a still a good value.
Great choice. I think BD has a lot of options for the money and you get the MGV seats.

AmCap76

Rank IV

Advocate III

Jan 22, 2021
Pinehurst, NC, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Huff
Member #

Cant go wrong either way, but I think BaseSquatch takes the award for Best Bang for Buck.
If only Ford offered it with a manual, I know it’s supposedly going to be available in MY22, but I want it as soon as possible.
In a perfect world, I’d order a BaseSquatch with a manual transmission and MGV seats. But, I’ll be happy with the Bronco I ordered, some day.

RiverWolf

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jan 25, 2021
GA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
M
If only Ford offered it with a manual, I know it’s supposedly going to be available in MY22, but I want it as soon as possible.
In a perfect world, I’d order a BaseSquatch with a manual transmission and MGV seats. But, I’ll be happy with the Bronco I ordered, some day.
The young man inside of me had visions of nostalgia shifting through a manual, but the old man I am said do you really want to be rowing gears daily with a 4.71? Also, I'm not sure about how the manual works (I know the auto shifter in my most current F-150 is not connected to the trans, because I've knocked it out of gear at speed and nothing changed) - so fly-by-wire?

The MGV seats and washable floorboard do sound cool, but I've had cloth in both my '86 Bronco and 2 F-150's (only my current Lariat has leather), and a set of seat covers work well enough (never had the urge or need to wash it out, just wet vac and steam clean).

I do wish Ford (along with other manufacturers) would allow for full a la carte builds, or at least the good-old-boy customization we could pull off back in the '70's.

Steve777468

Rank III

Advocate III

Oct 25, 2020
Roseburg, OR, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

The young man inside of me had visions of nostalgia shifting through a manual, but the old man I am said do you really want to be rowing gears daily with a 4.71? Also, I'm not sure about how the manual works (I know the auto shifter in my most current F-150 is not connected to the trans, because I've knocked it out of gear at speed and nothing changed) - so fly-by-wire?

The MGV seats and washable floorboard do sound cool, but I've had cloth in both my '86 Bronco and 2 F-150's (only my current Lariat has leather), and a set of seat covers work well enough (never had the urge or need to wash it out, just wet vac and steam clean).

I do wish Ford (along with other manufacturers) would allow for full a la carte builds, or at least the good-old-boy customization we could pull off back in the '70's.
With you RW. My age was biggest factor in going with the auto trans. Other than that, working hard to stay young at heart for as long as possible!

Ah, the 70's. some fond memories there!

AmCap76

Rank IV

Advocate III

Jan 22, 2021
Pinehurst, NC, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Huff
Member #

If this was going to be a daily driver, I’d probably opt for the auto.