base ordering options

kulu
Apr 27, 2021

Rank 0

Apr 27, 2021

hello, new here from Nevada
I just recently caught the bug! I'm really interested in a base model, since I have not in mind doing crazy rock crawling and of course the price is right. But i want the full time 4 wheel drive for safety reasons. Which is not available in the base model, unless you buy the $5000 Sasquatch package. Which I dont need and I dont care for 35" tires, they are jusy going to cost an arm and a leg to replace.. The first model with full time 4WD is the badlands, which is $10000 more, which I dont want to spend. So does anybody know, how I could really order the base model with full time 4WD?
Commodore, TK1215
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2021

Rank XII

May 02, 2021

...So does anybody know, how I could really order the base model with full time 4WD?
For MY21 it requires Sasquatch™ Package. Perhaps that fact changes for MY22? It's certainly not an option for aftermarket.
Commodore, Deano Bronc

Rank 0

May 02, 2021

The Black Diamond has the 4A option for $795.00.
Commodore

Life is a Highway

May 02, 2021

hello, new here from Nevada
I just recently caught the bug! I'm really interested in a base model, since I have not in mind doing crazy rock crawling and of course the price is right. But i want the full time 4 wheel drive for safety reasons. Which is not available in the base model, unless you buy the $5000 Sasquatch package. Which I dont need and I dont care for 35" tires, they are jusy going to cost an arm and a leg to replace.. The first model with full time 4WD is the badlands, which is $10000 more, which I dont want to spend. So does anybody know, how I could really order the base model with full time 4WD?
And welcome to the Nation!
Commodore

Rank 0

May 03, 2021

The Black Diamond has the 4A option for $795.00.
that is correct, but the Black Diamond package cost $10000 more than the base model
Commodore, TK1215

Rank V

May 04, 2021

I guess this needs to be asked; what is your price limit and what’s drawing you to a Bronco in the first place?

Because if you’re in need of a good, capable 4x4 with functionality features on a budget that the Outer Banks or BD exceeds, maybe look at Bronco Sport models? They’re awesome little SUVs, I’ve seen/ driven them and they’re great.
Commodore, PSUTE

Rank VI

May 04, 2021

Welcome aboard @kulu! (y)

As @Broncadonk MKG mentioned depends on budget, but the Base is a very capable rig, especially when you change out the tires. By full-time 4wd are you referring to the elect locking diffs on the BL and Squatch or the upgraded transfer case with 4A? The only way to get both frt/rear locking diffs is to opt for the Sasquatch or BL/Wildtrak trims. Black Diamond is pretty stout out of the box trail rig which comes standard w/rear locker and has 4A avail. The Advanced 4x4 w/4A is also standard w/Sasquatch/BL/WT or can be added with any trim above Base.

If you are just wanting 4A then going Big Bend and adding the Advanced 4x4 might be the ticket. :)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
Commodore, kulu

Rank 0

May 06, 2021

I guess this needs to be asked; what is your price limit and what’s drawing you to a Bronco in the first place?

Because if you’re in need of a good, capable 4x4 with functionality features on a budget that the Outer Banks or BD exceeds, maybe look at Bronco Sport models? They’re awesome little SUVs, I’ve seen/ driven them and they’re great.
I like the though look and the general appearance of the Bronco. I like the offroad capabilities the base model already offers. I looked at the sport, but it offers not the same emotion, nnot the same appeal. besides, a badland version is like $43k too. My price limit is around $35k. mainly I'm not willing to let Ford manipulate me into spending $10k extra for a safety item, which for them to build is nothing more complicated than to change from manual to automatic. With other words, it is model independent, its just a build code and the cost difference to the consumer is less than $1000. It's the same BS with the tow package! It makes absolutely no sense, that you can order the tow package with the base model. Ford just put out the base model as a teaser, so they can claim the Bronco starts under $30k but make very unappealing to order one. That way people have to go to the next model up and create easialy an extra 5K profit for Ford

Home, home on the range

May 06, 2021

I wouldn't say the base is just a teaser. With the added sasquatch package it's just as capable as anything 4x4 on the market. With the option in 2022 to have it with the manual the price is going to drop to add it since you'll no longer have to add the upcharge for the automatic. I had a base ordered but changed to the Black Diamond since I was planning on adding the aux switches, modular bumper, and really wanted MGV seats. With that change I also get rear locker and steel rear bumper, larger tires, and washout floors. I went over my 35,000.00 price limit that I wanted, but will be putting a little more down to keep my payments where I want. I dont think you could add all of that to a base and be any cheaper than what Ford is asking
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
Commodore, 14U

Rank 0

May 06, 2021

Welcome aboard @kulu! (y)

As @Broncadonk MKG mentioned depends on budget, but the Base is a very capable rig, especially when you change out the tires. By full-time 4wd are you referring to the elect locking diffs on the BL and Squatch or the upgraded transfer case with 4A? The only way to get both frt/rear locking diffs is to opt for the Sasquatch or BL/Wildtrak trims. Black Diamond is pretty stout out of the box trail rig which comes standard w/rear locker and has 4A avail. The Advanced 4x4 w/4A is also standard w/Sasquatch/BL/WT or can be added with any trim above Base.

If you are just wanting 4A then going Big Bend and adding the Advanced 4x4 might be the ticket. :)r
That is the point! I agree fully with you! Most of us could happily live for ever with the base model. It can more than I ever might ask from it. At the price is really great. That's why I fell for the Bronco. And because I would use it as my daily driver I would want the automatic for convenience and the advanced 4WD for safety. Because by the time you engage 4WD in a slippery, rainy onroad conditions, its too late! I likely will not need the front locking diff and and honestly, with the capabilities of the Bronco, rarely even the rear locking diff. And your right again about the Black Diamond and i did the same build as the base and it comes out $8500 higher than the base. Lets say $1000 is for the advanced 4WD, its still $7500 more over my base version
And NO, you can't add the advanced 4WD to the Big Bend! the first model is the Black Diamond
Bronc96, Deano Bronc

Rank V

May 06, 2021

BD is my build, I chose it over going Base, BB or OBX because it is built with everything I want/ need and I don’t have to fuss with aftermarket parts.

Keep in mind that you’re getting much more out of the BD than just safety/ transfer case capabilities, which accounts for the dramatic difference in price. Vinyl seats which have been EXTREMELY well-reviewed since people have seen and felt them. Washout floors. Rock rails and aux switches standard, I got the mid package so I have remote start and heated seats, which is a “must” for me in the winter when the temp drops below freezing, which is quite often with a windchill in the negatives. I experimented with builds all with base price under $40g and I was not content with anything aside from the BD, which with my add-ons is coming up to less than $44 MSRP. I plan to drive this cross-country, use as a daily driver, and use as a workhorse that can withstand getting beat up and dirty. Not everyone’s cup of tea for sure, but with the Mid you’re also getting lane-keep assist and blind spot detection, which is a life changer during long drives. Definitely one of those things that you don’t realize is such a nice feature until you downgrade and you’re wishing you had it.

So I completely understand your need to stay under $35, but try to keep in mind that it’s the little details that add up. I originally wanted to stay at under $40 out the door (including TTFs) but I decided to save a little more and plan for a larger investment because it suits my needs, and I plan on driving it until the wheels fall off.
Howdy, kulu

Rank XII

May 06, 2021

https://thebronconation.com/forums/members/11062/You're doing your homework which is great. I think I well understand the differences between standard 4WD and the Advanced system. Are you convinced that the Advanced 4WD provides such a significant difference to impact your safety while driving the vehicle? I can definitely understand such if you drive right at the brink of loosing friction and you suddenly and unexpectedly encounter something like black ice. I can see many situations where the advanced system can help, but I don't see where it becomes critical to your safety, unless the driving is extreme or the conditions are beyond unpredictable. I would be interested to hear what folks say. Go Base Go.
kulu, Commodore

Rank VI

May 06, 2021

That is the point! I agree fully with you! Most of us could happily live for ever with the base model. It can more than I ever might ask from it. At the price is really great. That's why I fell for the Bronco. And because I would use it as my daily driver I would want the automatic for convenience and the advanced 4WD for safety. Because by the time you engage 4WD in a slippery, rainy onroad conditions, its too late! I likely will not need the front locking diff and and honestly, with the capabilities of the Bronco, rarely even the rear locking diff. And your right again about the Black Diamond and i did the same build as the base and it comes out $8500 higher than the base. Lets say $1000 is for the advanced 4WD, its still $7500 more over my base version
And NO, you can't add the advanced 4WD to the Big Bend! the first model is the Black Diamond
Yep, sorry about that...forgot can only get Adv 4x4 on BB with Squatch. Sounds like you'll have a decision to go Base and live w/o Adv 4x4, or be ok with adjusting your budget up to add Squatch or go up to BD. Depends on how much you really want the Adv 4x4, but either way, Base or BaseSquatch is one heck of a deal.

These are tough decisions...I was originally going BaseManSquatch then bumped up to BL so Mrs. Bronc96 can have heated seats (manual is my must have). Some days I still think the value of Base might be too hard to resist and I can learn to live with the compromise. :)

Best of luck in your Bronco quest! (y)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
kulu, Commodore