Badlands or Wildtrak What's your choice and reason?

camrein
Jul 21, 2020

Rank II

Jul 21, 2020

Badlands or Wildtrak What's your choice trim and reasons why?
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2020

Rank V

Jul 21, 2020

I went Badlands since it's the most optioned standard but I can still get the 7 speed.
'06 Ranger FX4- headers, MBRP, tuner & Mickey Thompsons
'65 F100 with a crunchy 390 & a lot of good parts
Crawler Green, Gottahavabronco

Defeated by Mickey’s Hot Tub

Jul 21, 2020

Badlands!!! I won’t be doing high speed off-roading. I want the sway bar disconnect and rubberized flooring for the trails and woods where I will be playing. Who wants to worry about getting the carpet dirty/muddy if you are playing in the mud/trails?
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
Crawler Green, 67Bronkogirl

Rank 0

Jul 21, 2020

Badlands because of the rock crawling 4x4 setting, rubber/vinyl interior, and sway bar disconnect. It's the most off-road-ready of all of the models. Also, absolutely with SlashRacer.. who the hell is going to be doing baja style high speed offroading?
Jalgieri, Gottahavabronco

Rank V

Jul 21, 2020

Wildtrak because I don’t need the disconnect, but like all the other goodies. I’ll probably add the Lux package to it along with Leather.
BeerdedBuffalo, Cory

Rank V

Jul 21, 2020

Badlands: I intend to really wheel with it at least a few times a year, so I want the swaybar disconnect and can add the Sasquatch and Lux packages for the rest. I didn't see anything I couldn't get on Badlands that I can get on the Wildtrak (carpet? unless I'm missing something).
BigMike949, Dubya TF

Rank V

Jul 21, 2020

Badlands because of the rock crawling 4x4 setting, rubber/vinyl interior, and sway bar disconnect. It's the most off-road-ready of all of the models. Also, absolutely with SlashRacer.. who the hell is going to be doing baja style high speed offroading?
Me. You have to realize not everyone lives near you and has areas for rock crawling. The closest to me is 100’s of miles away from me. I have mud, sand flats, pole lines, and old logging roads. I don’t have a need for a SFA or disconnect for crawling over boulders.
Reldn, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jul 22, 2020

Right now, I’m going with the Wildtrak. I like the idea of the disconnect. I just don’t have the need for it around me. I might only use it once or twice a year on a specific trip. Wildtrak with built in Sasquatch and then add the Lux package...I’m good.

Rank 0

Jul 22, 2020

Wish I could get the rubber floor with drain plugs in any trim! I have a FE reserved but that doesn't seem to be available

Rank V

Jul 22, 2020

I've been debating this since I reserved a Wildtrak. A couple more reveals from Ford are going to be needed before I make a final choice. I'm waiting on the tow-package specs and the possible compatibilities with Sas package and gear ratios.
Rubber floor, disconnect, rockrails, and factory Steel front/rear bumpers are other choices I'm still debating.
BN # 526
Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch 4 DR MIC HIGH
camrein

Looking for rocks!

Jul 22, 2020

Wildtrak because I don’t need the disconnect, but like all the other goodies. I’ll probably add the Lux package to it along with Leather.
Ditto! I'm hoping the Lux package is not over the top expensive. Not sure what other options I'll want and I guess it depends on price.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
camrein

Rank 0

Jul 22, 2020

I've been debating this since I reserved a Wildtrak. A couple more reveals from Ford are going to be needed before I make a final choice. I'm waiting on the tow-package specs and the possible compatibilities with Sas package and gear ratios.
Rubber floor, disconnect, rockrails, and factory Steel front/rear bumpers are other choices I'm still debating.
Gear ratios and tow specs are here.
camrein

Rank 0

Jul 22, 2020

Badlands for sure. At first I simply HAD to have the crawl ratio you get with the 7 speed manual. As time passed and the more I thought about it I started realizing that I probably would not be doing all that much extreme crawling, even though I live in the part of the country where that terrain is readily available. Like everyone, most of my driving will be on roads, into town, to the store, to the mountains, etc. The auto trans with Sasquatch gives a crawl ratio of 67 if memory serves, which ties the Wrangler if memory serves (there may be a specific Wrangler package that does better, I can't recall). My point is that I will now be upgrading to the 10 speed auto and the V6, with Sasquatch. The sway bar disconnect might still come in handy occasionally.
pilonfx, tracythemighty

Rank II

Jul 22, 2020

Badlands for sure. At first I simply HAD to have the crawl ratio you get with the 7 speed manual. As time passed and the more I thought about it I started realizing that I probably would not be doing all that much extreme crawling, even though I live in the part of the country where that terrain is readily available. Like everyone, most of my driving will be on roads, into town, to the store, to the mountains, etc. The auto trans with Sasquatch gives a crawl ratio of 67 if memory serves, which ties the Wrangler if memory serves (there may be a specific Wrangler package that does better, I can't recall). My point is that I will now be upgrading to the 10 speed auto and the V6, with Sasquatch. The sway bar disconnect might still come in handy occasionally.
[/QUOTE
You brought up some good points. One thing I'm having trouble with I would totally go with the Wildtrack if they had an option for Vinyl/Rubber flooring. So I'm leaning more towards the badlands now and add packages. Do you guys think they will add the vinyl/rubber to all trims? And do you think the Badlands will have a higher MSRP after all is said and done with the packages/auto/hardtop?
Cory

Rank V

Jul 22, 2020

Effectively, a FE is Badlands underneath and exterior (steel bumpers + rock rails), with the v6/auto, with the Wildtrak High (or Lux?) interior and Sasquatch. Then apply maybe a 10-15% discount for pre bundling. So, take the FE price and add 15% and you could be close. For my built up Badlands 4 door I'm bracing myself for $70k (+/- $3k).
tracythemighty, SlashRacer

Rank III

Jul 22, 2020

I currently went with the Wildtrak...but will also look at various pricing when that becomes available. The fact that I get the larger engine, Sasquatch package included and the hard top for only an additional < $7000 seems like it will be cheaper than adding those features to Badlands. Personally I would still like to keep the interior carpeted with cloth seats as this will also be my daily driver. The few times a year I get to take out off roading I can handle having to vacuum/shampoo the carpets or get some rubber floor mats for those trips to make clean up easier.
NM_21Bronco, camrein

Rank V

Jul 22, 2020

I can't wait to see the crazy hucks people post on YT like when the Raptor first came out!! lol
SlashRacer

Rank V

Jul 22, 2020

Badlands: I intend to really wheel with it at least a few times a year, so I want the swaybar disconnect and can add the Sasquatch and Lux packages for the rest. I didn't see anything I couldn't get on Badlands that I can get on the Wildtrak (carpet? unless I'm missing something).
Exactly my thoughts!

Rank V

Jul 22, 2020

The Swaybar disconnect is only standard on the Badlands and FE.

https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...nco/2021/mediakit/21_Bronco_Trims_Sheet_1.pdf
Deano Bronc

Rank II

Jul 22, 2020

The Swaybar disconnect is only standard on the Badlands and FE.

I understand that, some folks were saying they will get the badlands because of the swaybar included. They would still need to upgrade to sasquash to get the rest of the package, IE; 35" tires wheels etc...many do not understand that the wildtrack has all that standard and has a baja mode which is similar to the raptor.