Badlands B&P Accessories

cjduncan
Jun 22, 2021

Rank V

Jun 22, 2021

I recently changed my order to the Badlands and was unable to add Roof rails w/crossbar and paint Protection without switching back to the 2.3L ?
Went to dealer and they got a message that said "not compatible in package as well. Does anyone know why this would be the case?
My previous build was an OBX and it was allowed there with a 2.7. I cant understand how the engine size alters the roof rack?
Hoping to add a roof rack after delivery?
What accessories are you excited about for your BL?
Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 10.29.16 AM.png
4 dr Badlands, Black, MIC, Lux, 2.7L, Tow, Leather (2022, Scheduled 2/7/22) Built 3/22/22. Delivered 5/8/22

Lubbock, TX
the poacher
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2021

Rank V

Jun 22, 2021

I recently changed my order to the Badlands and was unable to add Roof rails w/crossbar and paint Protection without switching back to the 2.3L ?
Went to dealer and they got a message that said "not compatible in package as well. Does anyone know why this would be the case?
My previous build was an OBX and it was allowed there with a 2.7. I cant understand how the engine size alters the roof rack?
Hoping to add a roof rack after delivery?
What accessories are you excited about for your BL?
View attachment 14679

Hmm... That is strange. There must be some background logic to that. I have both items, but I ordered the 4D 2.3L MT. Are you ordering a 2D? Maybe that's the difference.

Rank III

Jun 22, 2021

I made the change to sas 2 weeks ago on my BD build. The change kept saying not compatible. My dealer closed out the window and went back in and made the change without issue. Seems like there was a glitch in the system. Not sure if that is your problem but just a thought

Rank VI

Jun 22, 2021

I believe you are encountering a limitation on options due to GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating). The following thread has an excellent chart which compares the various models and equipment.

GVWR Q&A and Details for 2021 Ford Bronco *Updated* | Bronco Nation Forum (thebronconation.com)

From you signature field, it appears you have chosen a Badlands 4-door with the 2.7L. That combination will add vehicle weight. With a Badlands you have significant body armor (Steel bumpers front and back, Steel skid plates, Steel rock rails) which add approximately 250 pounds of weight. The 4-door model is equipped to handle 5 adults. (Two door can hold only 4.) Federal regulations require a payload which can accommodate the occupants.

For those of us who chose either the Badlands or the First Edition model, we spent a great deal of time and energy understanding the GVWR challenge. Welcome to our world. ;)
G1br4lt4r, Steve777468

Rank V

Jun 22, 2021

I believe you are encountering a limitation on options due to GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating). The following thread has an excellent chart which compares the various models and equipment.

GVWR Q&A and Details for 2021 Ford Bronco *Updated* | Bronco Nation Forum (thebronconation.com)

For those of us who chose either the Badlands or the First Edition model, we spent a great deal of time and energy understanding the GVWR challenge. Welcome to our world. ;)
Thank you @BuzzyBud
4 dr Badlands, Black, MIC, Lux, 2.7L, Tow, Leather (2022, Scheduled 2/7/22) Built 3/22/22. Delivered 5/8/22

Lubbock, TX
BuzzyBud