Badge of honor, can't keep anything nice

Mad About Ewe
Jun 07, 2022

Rank 0

Jun 07, 2022

Guess who's getting a new windshield for her birthday?? Golf ball sized rock came at us from a water tender as it passed by. Didn't hit the hood, no deductible. 2 week wait. The windshield must be calibrated somehow. We have only one place here local that does this so no drive to the big city.

Attachments

Speed Devil, Deano Bronc
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 07, 2022

Rank VI

Jun 07, 2022

Sorry to hear this. I always tell people to change their insurance policy to the lowest deductible for comprehensive coverage (non-collision damage) it's usually very inexpensive change to the policy unlike having a low deductible for collision
Member # 5650 / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Mad About Ewe, Deano Bronc

Member 2541 Jerry

Jun 07, 2022

Guess who's getting a new windshield for her birthday?? Golf ball sized rock came at us from a water tender as it passed by. Didn't hit the hood, no deductible. 2 week wait. The windshield must be calibrated somehow. We have only one place here local that does this so no drive to the big city.
Sorry to hear/see that.
hope it doesn’t put you out too long.

Welcome to the Bronco Nation also.
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.

Rank VI

Jun 07, 2022

Ah bummer. Sorry for your luck. I read all the warnings on the vertical windshield and ponied up for windshield replacement from the dealer. Just a few bucks on my service contract. Piece of mind I suppose.
7/14/20 Res - 2/1/22 VIN - 3/1 In Prod - 3/9 Built - 3/15 at dealer - 3/17 Deliverd
WT, 4DR, MIC, CO, Lux, Leather, Tow
14U, ChuckO

GASQUATCH

Jun 08, 2022

crap....glad it wasnt worse or into the drivers seat. Thats pretty scary!

Something about "broncos, windshields, and rocks".....
2022 Badlands / Sasquatch / 2.7 / Auto / 2DR / MIC / Bestop Trektop / LUX / 12000# Badland winch / in Hot Pepper Red
Mad About Ewe

Rank V

Jun 09, 2022

Like ya said...better the windshield then metal or paint. Glad everyones OK.
Mad About Ewe

Rank V

Jun 09, 2022

Bummer, bummer, bummer! So sorry.
Mad About Ewe

Rank 0

Jul 01, 2022

Sorry to hear/see that.
hope it doesn’t put you out too long.

Welcome to the Bronco Nation also.
Thank you!

Rank 0

Jul 01, 2022

crap....glad it wasnt worse or into the drivers seat. Thats pretty scary!

Something about "broncos, windshields, and rocks".....
The windshield took it very well. I just can't wash the vehicle until its replaced. Still patiently waiting for the new glass, the glass shop " forgot " to order it until June 20. I have no other option for glass replacement in my town, so tick, tick, tick. Waiting. Stuff happens. Then more stuff happens

Rank VI

Jul 02, 2022

Thought this was going to be about badge of honor trails. Sorry to hear about the windshield.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole