B&P oddities

SuperMike
Jul 06, 2021

Rank V

Jul 06, 2021

I'm sure this has been hashed out in other threads, but I just find some of the options really quirky... like this morning, when I thought "maybe I'll go ahead and upgrade my WT to include full bash plates"...

Adding Full Vehicle Steel Bash Plates also requires the following changes
Remove
- Front Steel Bash Plates
- Cargo Area Protector
- Paint Protection Film

Like, c'mon Ford. What do bash plates have to do with cargo protectors and paint film?? Aren't these things all rolling down the same line? If I add full bash plates does my bronco take a left turn away from the people throwing cargo protectors into the vehicle? :unsure: :p
Wildtrak ⁞ 4 DR ⁞ HOSS 3.0 ⁞ Area51 ⁞ Lux+Leather ⁞ Tow ⁞ MIC+Sunrider Top ⁞ Res 5/11/21, Rec'd 9/30/22
jimFish, RockstarBobby
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 06, 2021

Rank V

Jul 07, 2021

I'm sure this has been hashed out in other threads, but I just find some of the options really quirky... like this morning, when I thought "maybe I'll go ahead and upgrade my WT to include full bash plates"...

Like, c'mon Ford. What do bash plates have to do with cargo protectors and paint film?? Aren't these things all rolling down the same line? If I add full bash plates does my bronco take a left turn away from the people throwing cargo protectors into the vehicle? :unsure: :p
You are right. This has been hashed out ad nauseum in hundreds of other threads going back to the B&P launch last year. Enjoy catching up!
RockstarBobby

cant_hold_my_horses

Jul 07, 2021

There have definitely been some long discussions about the oddities of the B&P. What kills me is that even after Ford updated the B&P, we STILL have inexplainable oddities like that. Personally, I've given up all hope of rational thought. I'm just getting what I get and adding what I want later.
SuperMike, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Jul 07, 2021

I went through the same thing on my Wildtrak, and I attempted to make changes after talking to one of the factory reps and found out the paint protection was only on the front edges of the vehicle not everywhere as one would expect. Just one of those things that make you ask does anyone at Ford really know what's going on.o_O:LOL:
SuperMike

Rank V

Jul 07, 2021

I went through the same thing on my Wildtrak, and I attempted to make changes after talking to one of the factory reps and found out the paint protection was only on the front edges of the vehicle not everywhere as one would expect. Just one of those things that make you ask does anyone at Ford really know what's going on.o_O:LOL:

Interesting… thanks for the info. My buddy has it on his wrangler and it basically covers the front fenders. It’s also nearly invisible. I thought f it was similar it would be worth it to save the paint from rock chips, branches, etc.
Wildtrak ⁞ 4 DR ⁞ HOSS 3.0 ⁞ Area51 ⁞ Lux+Leather ⁞ Tow ⁞ MIC+Sunrider Top ⁞ Res 5/11/21, Rec'd 9/30/22
LR48

Rank IV

Jul 07, 2021

I wanted Paint Protection but I have full under body protection, so no Paint Protection for me! :unsure:
202X Wildtrak, Area 51, Tow, Lux.MIC. Build date Dec.19 2022
hoping delivery for my birthday Feb 22!!! Received Feb 13 2023.
LR48, SuperMike

Rank 0

Jul 24, 2021

Not sure if this was seen (not a big deal but am curious); when I selected the rooftop tent, the B&P tried to remove my Sasquatch package among other things. Same with a cargo liner (4 Door Badlands). Odd...why would putting a tent on the roof have anything to do with the Sasquatch package?

Moab or bust!!!

Jul 24, 2021

Not sure if this was seen (not a big deal but am curious); when I selected the rooftop tent, the B&P tried to remove my Sasquatch package among other things. Same with a cargo liner (4 Door Badlands). Odd...why would putting a tent on the roof have anything to do with the Sasquatch package?
It has to do with the GVWR of the Bronco. You currently cannot have a roof rack with a 4 door sasquatch with the 2.7. This thread has some info on it.
https://thebronconation.com/forums/...for-2021-ford-bronco-updated.2908/#post-37651
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.

Rank 0

Jul 24, 2021

It has to do with the GVWR of the Bronco. You currently cannot have a roof rack with a 4 door sasquatch with the 2.7. This thread has some info in if.
https://thebronconation.com/forums/...for-2021-ford-bronco-updated.2908/#post-37651
Thanks!!!
Deano Bronc

Libations MOD

Jul 24, 2021

GVWR is why
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending