Updates - NW Bronco

B MIller
Jan 10, 2022

Northwest Bronco

Jan 10, 2022

I was lucky enough to have an early reservation holder back out of his purchase. It happened to be my exact spec, so I purchased it from Newberg Ford in Oregon with no mark up. Thank you Casey! I've noticed nothing wrong with the vehicle. I've enjoyed every aspect of it. The tires do collect rocks. These will be replaced. I plan on turning this into an overland vehicle.

Follow along as I continue the build!

Badlands - Carbonized Grey
2.7 Liter Hard Top
Lux and Leather Package
Sasquatch

F1.jpg
Northwest Bronco Channel
JIOxfordWhite, critzy

No Ragerts

Jan 10, 2022

Congrats @B MIller - that was my initial build spec before I started removing & changing stuff to get my 2021 delivery (High from Lux, Soft Top from MIC, remove tow pack). She’s a beauty!!
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Coraleef

Northwest Bronco

Jan 10, 2022

Congrats @B MIller - that was my initial build spec before I started removing & changing stuff to get my 2021 delivery (High from Lux, Soft Top from MIC, remove tow pack). She’s a beauty!!

Thank you and I feel very lucky. I've already completed a bunch of projects on the Bronco. I'll be posting soon (y)
Northwest Bronco Channel
Dimo302, Deano Bronc

Northwest Bronco

Jan 10, 2022

Finished installing the security drawer with Dometic fridge and slide. All these products are high quality and easy to install. The weight limit is only 50lbs for the top of the drawer. Trust me, this thing is heavy and will support WAY more than 50lbs. Next project will be the fold down tailgate table. This should be done today or tomorrow. More to come!

B1.jpg
B2.jpg
B3.jpg
B4.jpg
B5.jpg
B6.jpg
Northwest Bronco Channel
JIOxfordWhite, Dimo302

Rank VI

Jan 10, 2022

Finished installing the security drawer with Dometic fridge and slide. All these products are high quality and easy to install. The weight limit is only 50lbs for the top of the drawer. Trust me, this thing is heavy and will support WAY more than 50lbs. Next project will be the fold down tailgate table. This should be done today or tomorrow. More to come!

View attachment 25719
View attachment 25720
View attachment 25721
View attachment 25722
View attachment 25723
View attachment 25724
Very nice!!
Wildtrak, hot pepper red, mic, Lux, tow...Totally worth it!!
TEEDEE, Bschurr

Rank 0

Jan 10, 2022

Looks Great!! I also like your IAFF Sticker. Mine now says 4 Unit retired 4 years. Stay Safe!!!!
B MIller, Bschurr

Life is a Highway

Jan 10, 2022

View attachment 25719
View attachment 25720
View attachment 25721
View attachment 25722
View attachment 25723
View attachment 25724
Excellent use of the storage. Holds the gear nicely
B MIller, Bschurr

Northwest Bronco

Jan 11, 2022

Finished the tailgate table install. No rattling to report. BUT this can be tricky. You have to drill four 7/16 holes into the Bronco. If you mess this up.....:unsure: Make sure you have a drill that can take a 7/8 bit. Other than that, it looks and works great.

Because I have the Lux package, it's unable to accept the Ford / Warren winch. So I ordered the cruise control sensor relocation kit. I'll post some photos after I get it installed. Then it's off to the dealership for the winch install. NOTE: The dealership will not relocate the sensor.

87a08a92-1ad3-4e0d-882a-481436ab3405.jpg
56e832a5-cc2e-4213-a064-7b1e3a6156f5.jpg
416b7277-76f4-4d5a-89b3-6228e0f6e499.jpg
Northwest Bronco Channel
JIOxfordWhite, Dimo302

Rank V

Jan 11, 2022

Looks good. Would like to know if you have any MIC issues. There have been a number reported on the forum. I have a MIC ordered on mine. Looking to use this feedback to help make a go no go decision.

Thanks,
Dave

Northwest Bronco

Jan 11, 2022

Looks good. Would like to know if you have any MIC issues. There have been a number reported on the forum. I have a MIC ordered on mine. Looking to use this feedback to help make a go no go decision.

Thanks,
Dave

After experiencing this bronco, I believe a lot of the issues people are complaining about are a stretch. This vehicle is wonderful. Everything about it is an engineering marvel. The top MIC is great with no issues to report. It's solid, quiet, and not leaking. People have complained about road noise. I have not found this to be an issue. BUT I do have the leather package which comes with carpet. So lots of insulation. Nice and quiet ride. BONUS: If you get the leather package, the Bronco comes with rear cup holders in the center fold down. Great of you have kiddos (y)
Northwest Bronco Channel
Dimo302, the poacher

Rank V

Jan 11, 2022

After experiencing this bronco, I believe a lot of the issues people are complaining about are a stretch. This vehicle is wonderful. Everything about it is an engineering marvel. The top MIC is great with no issues to report. It's solid, quiet, and not leaking. People have complained about road noise. I have not found this to be an issue. BUT I do have the leaher package which comes with carpet and rubber floor liners. So lots of insulation. Nice and quiet ride. BONUS: If you get the leaher package, the Bronco comes with rear cup holders in the center fold down. Great of you have kiddos (y)
Thanks...I have the leather option as well on a Bandland, MIC, high, NOSAS, customer 33" wheels with the A/T tire. I watched a few videos that show the clicking noise in the roof.
LR48, B MIller

Rank I

Jan 11, 2022

View attachment 25719
View attachment 25720
View attachment 25721
View attachment 25722
View attachment 25723
View attachment 25724
What Dometic fridge slide did you get to fit the fittings perfectly with the stoarge box below?

Rank IV

Jan 11, 2022

Finished the tailgate table install. No rattling to report. BUT this can be tricky. You have to drill four 7/8 holes into the Bronco. If you mess this up.....:unsure: Make sure you have a drill that can take a 7/8 bit. Other than that, it looks and works great.

Because I have the Lux package, it's unable to accept the Ford / Warren winch. So I ordered the cruise control sensor relocation kit. I'll post some photos after I get it installed. Then it's off to the dealership for the winch install. NOTE: The dealership will not relocate the sensor.

View attachment 25746
View attachment 25747
View attachment 25748
I was just about to ask about the winch. Totally surprised that someone has not made a solution to the 2.7L with the HD bumper. For now, my solution is an 8000 lb rated come along (less than ideal). Bronco looks great though!
B MIller

Rank III

Jan 11, 2022

:love: goooooorgeous! GAH! I really want that drawer (and fridge) but... I have 2 Great Danes! I need all the room...... ugh! It's beautiful. Nice work!
B MIller

Northwest Bronco

Jan 11, 2022

What Dometic fridge slide did you get to fit the fittings perfectly with the stoarge box below?

It's a CFX 35 fridge on a CFX3 SLD3545 slide (y)
Northwest Bronco Channel
paleh0rse, AzBronc

Northwest Bronco

Jan 11, 2022

I was just about to ask about the winch. Totally surprised that someone has not made a solution to the 2.7L with the HD bumper. For now, my solution is an 8000 lb rated come along (less than ideal). Bronco looks great though!

It's capable with the HD bumper and 2.7L. The problem is the cruise control sensor on the lux package. They make a kit to move the sensor up and behind the grill so it looks over the winch. Once that's moved the winch from Ford can be installed. If my same Bronco was a high package, there would be no problem. Hope this helps!
Northwest Bronco Channel
SethPoeski

Rank IV

Jan 11, 2022

View attachment 25719
View attachment 25720
View attachment 25721
View attachment 25722
View attachment 25723
View attachment 25724
How did you wire the fridge? Use the wires from the AUX switch?

Northwest Bronco

Jan 11, 2022

How did you wire the fridge? Use the wires from the AUX switch?

The fridge is plugged directly to the 12V rear cargo area plug. That 12V plug will remain powered for one hour after the ignition is shut off. Since the fridge holds it's temp for approx six hours after losing power, it's good for every day use. The other option is to simply turn on the ignition and shut it off. That will give you an additional hour of power each time you do that.

If camping with food in the fridge, I use the dometic power supply. When the Bronco is running it runs off the Bronco and charges the power supply. If the Bronco is off, the fridge runs off the power supply. Here's a link to that power supply: Dometic Power Supply

All cords are included to make this system work. The power supply also charges phones ect.

Screenshot (29).png
Northwest Bronco Channel
Dimo302, LR48

Rank VI

Jan 11, 2022

Looks great! Excited to see some adventure logs.
[O- 725 -O]
B MIller

Rank IV

Jan 11, 2022

It's capable with the HD bumper and 2.7L. The problem is the cruise control sensor on the lux package. They make a kit to move the sensor up and behind the grill so it looks over the winch. Once that's moved the winch from Ford can be installed. If my same Bronco was a high package, there would be no problem. Hope this helps!

I have the High package on my outer banks. I haven’t not seen any post where they were able to move the camera and still have the winch. But, are you saying that ford will do this if I use their winch system?