Auto Stop Eliminator Install

SteelBronco
Jun 23, 2021

Rank V

Jun 23, 2021

AutoStopEliminator.com
Installed the Auto Stop Eliminator today and right now I'm happy with it. Started Bronco Sport up after install and automatically shut off Start/Stop function. That's all I was wanting.
Install took about 15 minutes but I struggled a little getting under the dash. Hopefully these pictures will help.
1. Auto/Stop Eliminator install instructions
2. 2021 Bronco Sport Kit
3. Driver's side lower left of steering column for the data port location.
4. Connection of how data plug is attached looking up at. Simply push up on clip to release and pull plug out toward the front of vehicle.
5. Data cable unplugged from data port and ready to install Auto Stop Eliminator.
6. Connect to data cable and be sure when connecting back to data port the securing clip is facing downwards as seen in picture 4. Once connections are made secure as needed with ty-wraps.
This is just to help...."I have no professional training ". Haha! Good luck.

Screenshot_20210622-182526_Samsung Internet.jpg

20210622_182301.jpg

20210622_183530.jpg

20210622_185348.jpg

20210622_183925.jpg

20210622_184225.jpg
KennyMac, Pakrat
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2021

Rank V

Jun 23, 2021

Not bad.

Although I’m weary to install anything that gambles voiding factory warranties. I’ll have to research the warranty stipulations and the product itself before buying.
Good to know this stuff is becoming more mainstream though. I hate AS/S.
benjaminkrawiec, Sdakotabronco

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Jun 23, 2021

Hell, doing this when mine finally arrives
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
Bronc96, Steve777468

Rank V

Jun 23, 2021

Yup, done n’ done. Just take my money.
Bronc96, Steve777468

Rank VI

Jun 23, 2021

Cool upgrade, thanks for sharing @SteelBronco! As most...I hate AS/S! (y)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
SteelBronco, Deano Bronc

Rank III

Jun 24, 2021

I already called and asked. No one seemed to have a for sure answer, but my mechanic said, when you bring it to the shop, just unplug the adapter. It’s easy enough.
KennyMac, Sdakotabronco

Rank V

Jun 24, 2021

I already called and asked. No one seemed to have a for sure answer, but my mechanic said, when you bring it to the shop, just unplug the adapter. It’s easy enough.
Yes, if I would have to take it in for service it would be very simple to unplug again and remove. I'm personally not worried about it but I realize everyone is different.
Working just how I wanted it to, when I start the Bronco up screen pops up and tells me my auto start has been deactivated and the OFF light illuminates on the push button.
The pushbutton does still work. If for some reason I want to turn it on I just push the button and the system will turn on or off.
KennyMac, Deano Bronc

Rank III

Jun 24, 2021

Yes, if I would have to take it in for service it would be very simple to unplug again and remove. I'm personally not worried about it but I realize everyone is different.
Working just how I wanted it to, when I start the Bronco up screen pops up and tells me my auto start has been deactivated and the OFF light illuminates on the push button.
The pushbutton does still work. If for some reason I want to turn it on I just push the button and the system will turn on or off.

thats awesome. Haven’t ordered one yet, but glad to hear the good review.

Rank V

Jul 13, 2021

It's a cool idea, but I hate the idea of having to plug something into my car permanently just to turn something off that should be a computer setting.

Absolutely bizzare that Ford doesn't make it easier to turn this crap off.
Deano Bronc, Bronc96

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jul 13, 2021

It's a cool idea, but I hate the idea of having to plug something into my car permanently just to turn something off that should be a computer setting.

You can hit the button to turn it off easy enough, but you have to do it every time.
Should make the engineers ride around in 100 degree heat in stop and go traffic with no AC coz the engine shuts off.
smknjoe, ResidualGenius

Rank V

Jul 13, 2021

So far it's worked flawlessly and even the wife loves it. She hated going thru a drive thru and having the Sport shutting off. Those days are over!
KennyMac, Bronc96

Rank V

Jul 13, 2021

You can hit the button to turn it off easy enough, but you have to do it every time.
Should make the engineers ride around in 100 degree heat in stop and go traffic with no AC coz the engine shuts off.
Good point! The capability already exists, they just need to add a memory function so it doesn't turn back on.Not necessarily against having the feature, just wish they'd give us more control over it.

Do we know if start stop is on the manual?
Pygmy Warrior, the poacher

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jul 13, 2021

Good point! The capability already exists, they just need to add a memory function so it doesn't turn back on.Not necessarily against having the feature, just wish they'd give us more control over it.

Do we know if start stop is on the manual?
Yes it is.
the poacher, Sdakotabronco

Rank V

Jul 13, 2021

Yes it is.
Nooooo! I thought I could escape it!

Damn

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jul 13, 2021

Nooooo! I thought I could escape it!

Damn
Yeah it sucks

Rank VI

Jul 13, 2021

Start/stop means the epa mileage numbers are fudged. They couldn’t make the standards without it.

Rank V

Jul 13, 2021

Start/stop means the epa mileage numbers are fudged. They couldn’t make the standards without it.
F f f fff ffff fffffffudged......Ka Boom you just popped my little fantasy world.

Home, home on the range

Jul 13, 2021

I was really hoping the manual was not going to have it. I shut it off on the F150 everytime I drive it. Most annoying feature ever
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Jul 13, 2021

I was really hoping the manual was not going to have it. I shut it off on the F150 everytime I drive it. Most annoying feature ever
It’s on my wifes volvo. I think it’s outright dangerous! And that stupid collision avoidance crap, doesn’t think you should avoid pot holes!
Bronco V-8, Sdakotabronco

Rank V

Jul 13, 2021

that is a surprise that the manual has this feature, wonder what would happen if you let the clutch out in between off/on?
Base 2-door, 2.3L, 7 spd, MIC Top, Oxford White, Roof Rails, Modular Bumper, Headliner, Floor Liners, Aux Switches
Build week of 2-7-22, Build 2-10-22, WS 2/18, New Blend 2/25, Built 2/27, del 3/2