Supporter I

Jan 14, 2021
Novi, Michigan
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Krawiec
Member #

Is it worth optioning the dealer-installer mud flaps? I believe they retail for around $100 for the set (front/rear) but are hard molded plastic. I suppose it would help stop some of the debris from being kicked up, but would hinder some ground clearance and they could get yanked off since they’re hard molded. Any thoughts?

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion II

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

Is it worth optioning the dealer-installer mud flaps? I believe they retail for around $100 for the set (front/rear) but are hard molded plastic. I suppose it would help stop some of the debris from being kicked up, but would hinder some ground clearance and they could get yanked off since they’re hard molded. Any thoughts?
IMO nope, I don't like the looks of them, but that's me

Bronclahoma

Rank II

Supporter I

Feb 15, 2021
Norman, OK
First Name
Lindell
Last Name
Dillon
I don't like the looks of mud flaps, but may end up getting some. If you drive on dirt roads in the West (even here in OK) there is a lot of rock on the road. The Broncs are normally FWD and those front wheels will throw a lot of road debris down the side of of the vehicle. Over time this can cause some paint damage, especially if you upgrade to larger tread width tires. People you pass will prefer you to have rear flaps. I plan or running 245/65/17 Falken Wildpeaks on my BSBL. I'll likely get some flaps on at least on the front at a local 4WD accessory store. Will have them tint the front windows to match the factory tint on the rest of the vehicle at the same time.

My build date has been pushed from 4/23 to 5/10. So looking at middle of June for delivery at best. This is going to be a four month delivery date on an in production model. I know the reasons, but when you're told 8-10 weeks delivery, this is unacceptable. In business everyone is held accountable for their promises. Ford will lose some sales to competitors due to the long order process. I just want my damn order as promised. I can deal with getting it rigged.

Last edited:

lonzo71

Rank VI

Promoter II

Feb 20, 2021
Virginia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Damba
Member #

I've gotten them to protect the side and back and normally drive on pavement, but depends on where you take it.

Reactions: 14U

TrailReady

Rank V

Champion I

Jan 27, 2021
calif.
First Name
x
Last Name
x
Member #

I don't lie the looks of mud flaps, but may end up getting some. If you drive on dirt roads in the West (even here in OK) there is a lot of rock on the road. The Broncs are normally FWD and those front wheels will throw a lot of road debris down the side of of the vehicle. Over time this can cause some paint damage, especially if you upgrade to larger tread width tires. People you pass will prefer you to have rear flaps. I plan or running 245/65/17 Falken Wildpeaks on my BSBL. I'll likely get some flaps on at least on the front at a local 4WD accessory store. Will have them tint the front windows to match the factory tint on the rest of the vehicle at the same time.

My build date has been pushed from 4/23 to 5/10. So looking at middle of June for delivery at best. This is going to be a four month delivery date on an in production model. I know the reasons, but when you're told 8-10 weeks delivery, this is unacceptable. In business everyone is held accountable for their promises. Ford will lose some sales to competitors due to the long order process. I just want my damn order as promised. I can deal with getting it rigged.
Hmmm? Regarding order and delivery time.
Have been searching for the right vehicle for almost 2 years easily.
Here in so.cal.
Very difficult to find vehicles in stock how you want them...or perhaps just these type trims.
While waiting for my Badlands build. Have been pounding the pavement seeking to test drive
Rav4 trd
Subaru outback w turbo
(new engine for that 260hp)
and jeep cherokee trailhawk.

Extremely difficult to find in stock!
Actually only found one
Rav4 trd and one cherokee trailhawk both in white.
Of which i wouldnt want in white regardless.

After the previous years of tremendous fun and searching...
After seeing & driving Badlands sport.
Happily ordered one in Black ;)

AcesandEights

Rank V

Promoter II

Oct 22, 2020
Oregon, USA
First Name
Aresenio
Last Name
Beckman
They will get caught on stuff off road, if you're really into the rocks or driving over obstacles. Where I've found they are useful though is in the winter. It's not so much the mud, although they do help with that, but the water and snow. I have running boards and will come out to find them with a layer of ice, from water kicked up from driving that has settled on the running board and then froze. They made a very big difference for that (on a different vehicle).

TrailReady

Rank V

Champion I

Jan 27, 2021
calif.
First Name
x
Last Name
x
Member #

They will get caught on stuff off road, if you're really into the rocks or driving over obstacles. Where I've found they are useful though is in the winter. It's not so much the mud, although they do help with that, but the water and snow. I have running boards and will come out to find them with a layer of ice, from water kicked up from driving that has settled on the running board and then froze. They made a very big difference for that (on a different vehicle).
Ahaa that is good feedback!

Reactions: benjaminkrawiec

benjaminkrawiec

Rank IV

Supporter I

Jan 14, 2021
Novi, Michigan
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Krawiec
Member #

Has anyone installed, or even seen in-person, the way more expensive Gatorback heavy duty splash guards? They “appear” to be more-flexible than the less-expensive splash guards.
I was wondering the same thing. I am shying away from the cheaper one because they appear to be hard plastic that would just snap off if caught on something

benjaminkrawiec

Rank IV

Supporter I

Jan 14, 2021
Novi, Michigan
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Krawiec
Member #

yeah... seems like many pros and cons